What's new

Death sentence given in blasphemy case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blasphemy laws aren't mentioned in the Quran but blasphemy is and Allah(SWT) did not tell is to kill them.
people will somehow not see this part of your sentence...

Hadith contradicts blasphemy in the Quran.
the word blasphemy itself was 1st used by Christian missionaries when they gave "punishment" under the name of the "pope"...ever since everything has been painted with that word...

Disgracing the prophet and Allah is a crime in every religion. But,
I am more concerned about the Islamic history, This is a Muslim state and Islam tells death for absolute blasphemy.
Well, in a state where every other act is given the term "blasphemy" itself is questionable...we have more illiterates who follow baap dada ka chala wa lizaam then Islam...

people will somehow not see this part of your sentence...

the word blasphemy itself was 1st used by Christian missionaries when they gave "punishment" under the name of the "pope"...ever since everything has been painted with that word...

I believe people are confusing blasphemy with apostasy. At the time of the Prophet(SAW) apostasy was punishable by death but back then a few apostates were tried on treason and represented great threats to the Muslims at the time who were not many in numbers.

But, today there is no reason to kill someone who left Islam. Because it's a whole different context and doesn't represent a threat to Islam or the Prophet(SAW) and his companions.

Yet we have scholars who say otherwise based on hadith but they don't investigate well enough.

Blasphemy was not punishable at the time since it means several things, such as criticizing, or something else....

Death for blasphemy is the rule made by Allah Almighty, the thing demanding care is that there must be enough evidence cor the conviction.
Blasphemy must not be rather can not be tolerated in the name of freedom of expression, freedom of speech and human rights.
Islam doesn't allow freedom of speech and freedom of expression.

I believe people are confusing blasphemy with apostasy. At the time of the Prophet(SAW) apostasy was punishable by death but back then a few apostates were tried on treason and represented great threats to the Muslims at the time who were not many in numbers.

But, today there is no reason to kill someone who left Islam. Because it's a whole different context and doesn't represent a threat to Islam or the Prophet(SAW) and his companions.
I had read some scholar saying for today just ask him to leave his country who was providing for him and let him have a taste of the country he longed for....so he will see the difference in treatment....well that would have worked if say the country claiming to be Islamic was "really" Islamic :D
Yet we have scholars who say otherwise based on hadith but they don't investigate well enough.
Using a hadith out of context is the norm in today's world coz no one questions...everyone relies on the Mullahs to know and speak only the truth...why on earth will a Mullah who is being "relied" on expose the truth? Fame hits the head hard...and well you get today's mullahs saying anything they like coz they have blind followers who dont question as they are told only the "wise" can know the "real" meaning... :sick:
Blasphemy was not punishable at the time since it means several things, such as criticizing, or something else....
Blasphemy itself is a word the Christians used to punish people....

The only instances of execution for apostasy even in medieval times was when the apostate committed sedition and incited violence against Muslims. Other than that there is no punishment for apostasy and you can find no earthly punishment for it in the Quran.

The only instances of execution for apostasy even in medieval times was when the apostate committed sedition and incited violence against Muslims. Other than that there is no punishment for apostasy and you can find no earthly punishment for it in the Quran.

Yes, thanks for clarifying the exact reasons as that's what I was trying to imply when I said they presented threats to the Prophet(SAW) and his companions at the time. I wasn't sure about the specific people and specific details I had forgotten them.

So thanks for clarifying it to us.

As if a Fake Syed would know anything about this ! :whistle:

@Talon - Do you know we've got Syeds here in Pakistan a dime a dozen ! :unsure:

Death for blasphemy is the rule made by Allah Almighty, the thing demanding care is that there must be enough evidence cor the conviction.
Blasphemy must not be rather can not be tolerated in the name of freedom of expression, freedom of speech and human rights.
Earlier, the Christians tolerated blasphemy and now it is before all our eyes, how disgustingly they disgrace the Prophet Jesus, Mother Marry and even the God.

How do you know it is made by the god himself? When there is no proof god even exists? All the books have been written by man himself. Bible Quran Geeta what ever it is out there is all human creation.

As if a Fake Syed would know anything about this ! :whistle:

@Talon - Do you know we've got Syeds here in Pakistan a dime a dozen ! :unsure:
I heard some Indian friends of mine joking that there are too many in India...every Hindu Indian colleague of mine from MSc to PhD "has or had" a Indian Muslim good friend since high school or older and the friend always was called Syyed :blink:

I read somewhere people adapted that name so that no one would question their ancestral religion

I heard some Indian friends of mine joking that there are too many in India...every Hindu Indian colleague of mine from MSc to PhD "has or had" a Indian Muslim good friend since high school or older and the friend always was called Syyed :blink:

I read somewhere people adapted that name so that no one would question their ancestral religion

I think @KingMamba created a myth around him not because of acceptance issues but rather because he wanted social elevation in our society ! :unsure:

You see before doing this when he used to say 'Sallam' people would ignore him....after he moved to another area & started telling everyone that he was a 'Syed' they would line up before his House every morning & would use to give him the Sallam in person in addition to leaving all sorts of things at his door step from gold chains to well bred animals etc. :undecided:

I think maybe that was the reasoning behind it all ! :meeting:

Too bad I met someone from his previous village to know the truth ! :yes4:

I think @KingMamba created a myth around him not because of acceptance issues but rather because he wanted social elevation in our society ! :unsure:

You see before doing this when he used to say 'Sallam' people would ignore him....after he moved to another area & started telling everyone that he was a 'Syed' they would line up before his House every morning & would use to give him the Sallam in person in addition to leaving all sorts of things at his door step from gold chains to well bred animals etc. :undecided:

I think maybe that was the reasoning behind it all ! :meeting:

Too bad I met someone from his previous village to know the truth ! :yes4:

:rofl:

I don't get gifts but I do get Pakistanis asking me to dhum them like I am some sort of fakir. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom