What's new

Deal to get 16 more Indian locomotives

Bangladesh's requirement was meter-gauge locomotives but as India does not produce it we will have to get the broad-gauge locomotives... despite there were some media hype that India was ready to change the condition of the line of credit so that Bangladesh can get locomotives from other sources... all lies and these low quality Indian locomotives will cost Bangladesh more in terms of maintenance... :angry:

You know you can't run broad gauge locomotive on meter gauge track? If it wasn't required then why is Bangladesh procuring it?:lol:

A credit line is certainly not an aid. Through this credit line India sells its products to Bangladesh. But, you are talking like a Mahtma. If you want to play mahatma then demolish Farakka, give us our due share of water in Teesta and do not build the Tipai dam. Moreover, do not ask us for a transit. All these will be more helpful than selling low quality goods sweetened with a credit line.
We are giving you free goodies, and you can pay for them later on your own terms, whenever you wish.........
.If that is not aid , what is??
And talking about Aid , do you know that India also pledged $ 1 billion in Aid to BD recently???
And why should we demolish Farraka??Our people(and quite frankly, a lot of your immigrant people too) depend upon it............
If your govt has any sense , they would use this aid for building a Dam on the Brahmaputra, which will offset any loss of electricity or water BD faces

I think BD should buy Chinese engines.....Pakistan bought them...Chinese engine covert into junk in 3-4 years....

These BD guys buy Indian stuff and later curse India....Sick mentality

If you don't like it go for Chinese engines, they are affordable and will satisfy your needs for 3-4years and after that no maintenance is required because after 3-4 years that piece of scrap doesn't look like an engine..
One more way is to buy german engines, you may not get 16 but i think you can buy 3-4 engines and try to connect all the trains boggies to these engines and run your railway.. Best of luck with that and give our money back..

True,Bangladesh should not buy Indian low quality locos.
They should go for Maglev.Or buy chinese HSR.Or build an ASEAN+ and get it.Or request it from fellow Muslim countries in the name of Ummah.OR BUILD IT THEMSELVES.But then again a country which orders broad gauge locos having meter gauge rail needs to build their brains first.RAWAMY DALALs looting prosperous BD.

BD does all trade and other help....and later they show attitude instead for gratitude......respect you father ...afterall we gave them back their motherland :D

These low quality Indian locomotives carry passengers equal to your total population every year....:smokin:....GO tell your government to buy it from someone else....:enjoy:

since BD population is 145 million . and the Indian railways carry 30 million people a day . i would say it takes them just under a week .:)

A credit line is certainly not an aid. Through this credit line India sells its products to Bangladesh. But, you are talking like a Mahtma. If you want to play mahatma then demolish Farakka, give us our due share of water in Teesta and do not build the Tipai dam. Moreover, do not ask us for a transit. All these will be more helpful than selling low quality goods sweetened with a credit line.

Dnt post same stupidity again and again ....

Post a official data of your idiotic water claim then start BS otherwise *****

You can only afford low quality goods ( I think you know that which country is your biggest trade partner)

True,Bangladesh should not buy Indian low quality locos.
They should go for Maglev.Or buy chinese HSR.Or build an ASEAN+ and get it.Or request it from fellow Muslim countries in the name of Ummah.OR BUILD IT THEMSELVES.But then again a country which orders broad gauge locos having meter gauge rail needs to build their brains first.RAWAMY DALALs looting prosperous BD.

Buddy these people making their own fun :lol:

a credit line at a low interest rate is like giving charity. giving aid would mean misuse. giving credit line with easy terms means that efficiency is boosted in your own country. dont live off alms.
your countrymen dont want to have anything from india (like they said about tata buses) then why you want india's water?

a credit line at a low interest rate is like giving charity. giving aid would mean misuse. giving credit line with easy terms means that efficiency is boosted in your own country. dont live off alms.
your countrymen dont want to have anything from india (like they said about tata buses) then why you want india's water?

It was given to sell all the low quality indian products to Bangladesh with conditions like minimum 85% of all goods needs to be purchased from India, if rest can not be supplied by Indian companies then Indian contractor will procure it from foreign suppliers, Indians will manage all the projects, before implementing any projects ministry of foreign affairs of India's approval will have to be taken, it is Indian government which will decide from which supplier product will be selected and there are many such conditions attached.

Just let me know where is the sovereignty of Bangladesh in this case??? This was not aid or charity but a deal to sell low quality Indian products to be used for Indian transit.

I think this locomotive deal is part of the project which Bangladeshi government rejected as requirement of Bangladesh was meter gauge. But Indian government become so desperate to go for broad gauge line that they even tried to sell these broad gauge locomotives under the guise of writing off 200 million usd as aid. Only god knows what they intend to transfer in these broad gauge lines.

If India would be well wisher they would have let the supplier selected through open international tender after all these projects are meant for free Indian transit.

See...we really want to help you...$ 1 billion of credit line...first locomotives....:D
And the BD posters here on PDF don't spare the slightest effort in India-bashing! Sheeesh! :cheesy:

It was given to sell all the low quality indian products to Bangladesh with conditions like minimum 85% of all goods needs to be purchased from India, if rest can not be supplied by Indian companies then Indian contractor will procure it from foreign suppliers, Indians will manage all the projects, before implementing any projects ministry of foreign affairs of India's approval will have to be taken, it is Indian government which will decide from which supplier product will be selected and there are many such conditions attached.

Just let me know where is the sovereignty of Bangladesh in this case??? This was not aid or charity but a deal to sell low quality Indian products to be used for Indian transit.

I think this locomotive deal is part of the project which Bangladeshi government rejected as requirement of Bangladesh was meter gauge. But Indian government become so desperate to go for broad gauge line that they even tried to sell these broad gauge locomotives under the guise of writing off 200 million usd as aid. Only god knows what they intend to transfer in these broad gauge lines.

If India would be well wisher they would have let the supplier selected through open international tender after all these projects are meant for free Indian transit.

meter gauge is old. try and upgrde we are pushing you ahead.
see indian engines are being extensively used in Indian railways and from what i hear they are quite alright.
what other sources you have in mind. i also hear that in BD most products are indian , is that true?
if its so low quality why buy it? i am sure there are chinese imports too.. just go and buy it.
Finally if there is a 1 Billion credit you do not ahve to exercise it i have a $20000 credit line on my credit card, I enver ever have used more than 2000 at one time.

And why exactly is it that India should give aid to Bangladesh? You are talking here as if it is your birth right to get money in aid from India. Get off your high horse. How many other nations offered you $1billion in credit (off which 200 million was given as aid, since it was written off)? And if the deal was so bad, why take it? Clearly your Govt must have weighed its options before deciding whether to take this line of credit?

Back
Top Bottom