What's new

Deadly battle at Ong Thanh, Vietnam War

neverbee

New Recruit

Reaction score
Battle of Ong Thanh, South Vietnam, Oct 17th 1967.

Battle reports were declassified in 1991, a ferocious fight that shocked the U.S citizen 16 years after the end of Vietnam war. On Oct. 17th, 1967, Alpha and Delta companies of the 2-28-1 Inf. Division engaged in one of the Vietnam War´s most ferocious fights. Claiming 160 Americans lives, the battle report was not declassified until 1991.
Footage on this incident, PBS News :

preview
ccccccd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It´s about what kind of Vietcong tactic ?
It was a battle that took place in front of the U.S. combat troops against "unseen and invisible enemy"

According to article released by freelance reporter Susane Keating ,
http://www.ftsillocsphotoproject.com/OCS-O...h/ong-thanh.pdf

Captain Jim Geogre , Alpha company : "We did not see or hear the enemy, but they were all around us".

1967-10-07ONGTHANBATTLEMAP.jpg

The clip is from an awesome documentary on vietnam it was so big it took me a month to watch all the parts but it was awesome...the best vietnam doc ever :sniper:.

The clip is from an awesome documentary on vietnam it was so big it took me a month to watch all the parts but it was awesome...the best vietnam doc ever :sniper:.

Can you share it

Can you share it

Ok just double checked it the clip is from a documentary i saw but not the one i mentioned---still its the best vietnam doc you will ever see---
i will post it in the image section.

I dont remember the name of the doc that contains the clip i will search for it in my collection if i have not deleted it i will upload it on youtube for you :cheers: .

Back
Top Bottom