What's new

Deadline Emerges For India's $10B Warplane Deal

Man...is there a similar example where so much time have been taken to take a deal to the next level???? What the hell are they going to do for the entire year??? What else is left to decide here????

We know the results of the technical trials, we know the political leverage we can extract by choosing one party over another, what else is left now????? Morons!!!!

Does not matter much even if it take another 11 months,though i dont enjoy it if that timeline is extended.

This is not just like any other defense deal,6 contenders,big money,ToT,definitely thats gona take time,India will only stick to the best bargain.

well i suppose the selection is scheduled in the month of March and after the financial discussion the final contract will be awarded by the end of the year.

mrca has lost its charm
Exactly there is always a "Could be done by the end of the year". Has anybody gotten the bright idea that the defence ministry might just be milking the prospects of a deal and taking bribes here and there and prolonging this indefinitely?

It's been a freaking 10 years man! 10 years to make a decision.

Exactly there is always a "Could be done by the end of the year". Has anybody gotten the bright idea that the defence ministry might just be milking the prospects of a deal and taking bribes here and there and prolonging this indefinitely?

bhai jaan fully agree with you , this time you can count on Sonia gandhi ,she doin everything to keep rajiv's legacy aka Bofor's scam :lol:

Man...is there a similar example where so much time have been taken to take a deal to the next level???? What the hell are they going to do for the entire year??? What else is left to decide here????

We know the results of the technical trials, we know the political leverage we can extract by choosing one party over another, what else is left now????? Morons!!!!

well while i agree with the delay part, i am not surprised. having observed govt machinery and babugiri for quite some time, i am not really surprised that deal will be signed by this yeard end.

right now the technical trials have been completed. the followig activites are still required to be carried out:

1. comparison of offset offers from firms.
2. comparison of level of ToT from firms.
3. obtaining views of HAL and IAF on above two subjects.
4. putting up of this data before cabinet committe of security through defence purchase committe, MOD and PMO.
5. opening of financial bid and subsequent comparitive study.
6. putting up of file to CCS through defence purchaase committee, MOD and PMO.
7. contract negotiations with vendor with respect to new defence procurement policy.
8. signing of contract.

all these are major actions which are required to be taken and going by the speed of indian babugiri dont be surprised if it is further delayed.

If IAF can get these it will be good for them

126 - Eurofighter Typhoon jets

72 - Eurofighter Typhoon FGR4 - Single-seat aircraft are known as Typhoon FGR4. (Air-to-air /groundattack/reconnaissance). The FGR4 has from June 2008 achieved the required standard for multi-role operations.

54 - Eurofighter Typhoon T3 - Two-seat aircraft are known as Typhoon T3. Trainer & Fighter. The T3 has from June 2008 achieved the required standard for multi-role operations.

6 - Airbus A330 Multi Role Tanker Transport Planes

My Personal view.

May be our MOD didnt settle on the Bribe...:devil: , still bargaining is going on.... poor IAF chaps:frown:

bribe's are going to be big its 10 billion dollars deal after all.right from the top to bottom in this deal.its the soldiers,pilots that have to suffer-MMRCA,FINSAS all testing patience more than skill.

if these idiots are whom i may have to protect then i may have to rethink my decision of joining the service even if its short service.

We are in no hurry guys. The aircraft in the competition are still undergoing upgrades. We can take a year or two at max to decide.

Let the AESA be installed on Typhoon and Rafale, we will be buying the AESA variants and not the current ones. So anyways, we will have to wait for these aircraft to be put into serial production, if we opt for them

We are in no hurry guys. The aircraft in the competition are still undergoing upgrades. We can take a year or two at max to decide.

Let the AESA be installed on Typhoon and Rafale, we will be buying the AESA variants and not the current ones. So anyways, we will have to wait for these aircraft to be put into serial production, if we opt for them

I am not a military professional nor a media expert to coment. But One thing for sure that squadrans of IAF have been reduced to 32 from its sanctioned 39.5 amount. Second thing after awarding the deal, the time required to deliver would be about 3 to 4 years for first batch. By 2015 to 2017 the squadrans would be reduced to 29.5. Dont you people think this is alarming since we would be loosing numerical edge over our rival to the west, where PAF is modernizing and including F 16 block 52 and MLU of their F16s and also about 250 JF 17 thunder. Forget about the specs of the FACs but surely this would posses a serious threat to nation's security IMO. As my friend from Pakistan Asim Aquil said correctly that 10 freaking years and after these 3 years they are hoping to take decision at the year end (Not A commitment). I think the Bribes and commission amount have nt been formalized.. Really man security of nation is at stake.. Look at the decision took in case of MKIs which was instaneous and their upgrade is done latter on.. If they are waiting ofr AESA and other upgrades onboad then can make a separate clause regarding this while negotiating.. Same goes for Adml Gorshkov.. Y cant people think its we tax payers who are spending...

Back
Top Bottom