What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys now the game is full of suspense lets see whats gonna happen ...NEXT TO GO OUT WILL BE GRIPEN ...my bet then the f-16,mig-35 or both .....ef-2000 and SHORNET will be the final duo ....then comes the political angle ..if AMERICA LETS GO THE E.U.L.A. THEY WIN ...hope it happens soon ....or EADS might sweeten the deal with 15% cost cuts and full partnership in EADS ...man this will be something hard to resist .....considering historically those countries in EADS were fore runners of aviation in its boom time ..i.e, WW2 ...now they have come together ....india is currently in need of thechnical tie ups in aviation industry ....tot is just basics here

i think rafale is like the lonely boy ....no sales world wide ...somethings not right with this trend ....what happened to the UAE deal

ONE DOWN FOUR MORE TO GO

:cheers:

Im very surprised

I thought Rafael wud win the biggest contract of All.

Typhoon could be the winner after all the are favourites to supply NEW engine for LCA EJ200 along with F414 same engine as F18SH....

But the ef would be the slowest supplier,taking in view all its present contracts........that takes one feather out of the hat.

I am totaly surprised on this news. I though Rafael would be at least in top three. I guess it's between US aircrafts and Eurofighter now.

Im very surprised

I thought Rafael wud win the biggest contract of All.

Typhoon could be the winner after all the are favourites to supply NEW engine for LCA EJ200 along with F414 same engine as F18SH....

I thought LCA would be eventually be powered by kaveri.

Typhoon is my favorite to win.

EF Typhoon is a strong contender. The goodies they are offering (expressed at AI2009) are simply mouth watering. Full ToT including EJ2000, joint marketing of LCA in Europe and other markets and my sources in HAL tell me that EJ2000 is pretty much confirmed for LCA-Mk2.

Read this.....

.............In multiple interviews with senior Indian and EADS officials, who requested anonymity, Business Standard has pieced together the EADS strategy. The company has decided to supply India with high technology for Indian products that are not directly competing with an EADS product. The Tejas is not in the same category as the heavier Eurofighter.

Having established its presence in the Tejas programme, EADS is confident that it would be well positioned to get its Eurojet EJ200 engine accepted for the Tejas. India is currently deciding between the EJ200 and the GE-414 engine for powering future squadrons of the Tejas. And EADS believes that winning the contract for the EJ200 engine, and producing it in India, would position it perfectly for the lucrative medium fighter contract; twin EJ200 engines power the Eurofighter.

While willing to part with the technology assistance needed to get the LCA over its hump, EADS worries about the possibility of eventually being held responsible for a possible failure in the Tejas development.

“Let’s be clear that we are not underwriting the LCA programme," says a senior European official related with the contract. The contract with EADS is expected to be signed shortly.

Another likens EADS's role to helping someone in a dark room turn on the light switch. But EADS will do no more than indicate the direction of the switch.

The German and Spanish governments have already permitted EADS to part with the technology needed for the Tejas programme; the US government, in contrast, imposed stringent restrictions on Boeing. Explains a senior EADS official, "If we don't supply technology, India will develop it anyway, perhaps with some delay. So it is better for us to establish our presence here, partner India in the Tejas, and perhaps even market it together.”

This might mean lower unit cost, but the capital spent on R&D funding, and logistical development from scratch, coupled with licensing and other tidbits would really fill the basket. 85 Million$ is also the lowest figure I've heard anyone quote. IAF would also have to wait a considerable amount of time for the delivery of the newer tranches. All in all, EF Typhoon is the costliest, most complicated and also most time consuming option.

Licensing if you already are a partner and why do they have to wait for delivery of new tranche?

Sure it will be still a costly package (my first pick was Rafale), but what you get in return is also huge. One of the best fighters, one of the best engines, the radar should be also one of the best and if LCA really gets the same engine it will mean commonality for over 250 fighters, which reduces costs again.
But after Rafale is out so early I am worried that the winner will be a political (nuke deal), or economical (Boeing / Tata ties) pick

DAMN!!!!!! Rafale's out!!!! that aircraft was sooo good....! anyway is Mig-35 still in??? i dont see the point of buying eurofighter with so much money! i smell British or american business or political scam here....

Dassault: India Ouster of Rafale Not Confirmed
RIO DE JANEIRO - A Dassault Aviation spokesman said the company had not received information from Indian authorities following press reports that the company's Rafale strike fighter has been ejected from India's tender for 126 Medium Range Multi Role Combat Aircraft.

"We have not had any information" from Indian officials, said the spokesman, who was attending the Latin America Aerospace and Defense show here.

In New Delhi, a senior Defense Ministry official said Dassault had been unable to give full technical bid requirements, but declined to give details.

If confirmed, deletion of the Dassault bid would leave five aircraft in the Indian contest - the Boeing F/A-18, Eurofighter Typhoon, Lockheed Martin F-16, MiG-35 and the Saab Gripen.

Dassault: India Ouster of Rafale Not Confirmed - Defense News

The Rafale is still among the contenders - along with the F/A-18 Super Hornet and the Gripen - in Brazil's FX-2 competition for an initial 36 multimission aircraft.

This is pretty disappointing. Cant believe the Rafale couldnt meet requirements that the Gripen could meet. There is something fishy.

DAMN!!!!!! Rafale's out!!!! that aircraft was sooo good....! anyway is Mig-35 still in??? i dont see the point of buying eurofighter with so much money! i smell British or american business or political scam here....

I agree with you. And cant believe that a plane like Mig-35 without anything more than a couple of demonstrators created so far would still be in the fray..especially with so many issues with Mig-29 out of which Mig-35 is based.

Indian Rafale Out, MMRCA Trials by August​

Neelam Mathews/New Delhi mathews.neelam@gmail.com

Dassault Aviation's Rafale has been booted from competition for India's 126 Medium Multi Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA).

This leaves the Boeing F/A-18, Lockheed Martin F-16, Eurofighter Typhoon, RSK MiG-35 and Saab Gripen in the race.

All the contenders were awaiting word from the Indian defense ministry on final dates for field trials, which they hoped would be this summer. Currently, officials seem to still disagree.

Flight trials will be held "anytime between July and August," one defense official told Aviation Week. But another senior official said he did not expect the trials to start before September.

Nevertheless, things are moving fast. Aviation Week had learned recently that the Indian air force completed technical evaluation a few months ago and had submitted its Flight Evaluation report to the ministry.

The air force has already started meeting vendors and has asked them to forward 10 names each as required to do a site survey for security clearance. The vendors also are being asked to give their preferential time for flight evaluation.

In the first phase, the air force will send two teams of three pilots each to be familiarized and trained on vendors' aircraft simulators.

In the second phase, flight trials will be conducted in India on two twin-seater aircraft. In India, a sortie will be made for heat and dust trials in the desert region of Jaisalmer lasting for two or three days, in Bengaluru for tropical conditions for 10-12 days, and in the mountainous region around Leh for a day of high-altitude trials.

It is expected, however, that the flight evaluation trials will be completed by March next year.

The final phase to be conducted in the vendor's country, including flying a single-seater, will showcase weapons, radar and electronic weapons, as well as maintenance evaluation trials.

Rafale proponents previously let known their disappointment that an exhaustive matrix table had been laid out based on a basic minimum performance in the request for proposals, and that there were no bonus points on over-compliance.

Field trials once were expected immediately following the Bengaluru air show in mid-February. But since the dates were not announced, Gripen and Rafale did not bring their aircraft to the air show.

Earlier, many vendors Aviation Week spoke to said they hoped the down-select would be made before the trials to enable them to be completed this year. Some indicated since the cost of holding the trials exceeded $20 million, it would help in conserving cash in this global economic recession.

This is pretty disappointing. Cant believe the Rafale couldnt meet requirements that the Gripen could meet. There is something fishy.

I agree with you. And cant believe that a plane like Mig-35 without anything more than a couple of demonstrators created so far would still be in the fray..especially with so many issues with Mig-29 out of which Mig-35 is based.

yeah bro you are right. except i personally think there is nothing wrong in mig-35. mig-29 issue was about being more than 20 years old in service and also lack of upgrade as u know russians after fall of USSR stopped overhauling migs and concentrated on upgrading su-27 fleet because of financial crunch. Mig29 and mig-35 are still absolutely brilliant jets with excellent airframe, a result of the same R&D that resulted in su-27 air frame. but u see out of all the delta wing platforms, i thought rafale was the best! I am comparing it with the Eurofighter and Gripen. If India buys either of these two now, I think then there might be something fishy going inside(look at saudi deal with BAE systems on eurofighter! and we all know how desperate are the Saab). Superhornet...I dont know, it's not a medium weight jet or even USAF don't use it as land based fighter. Indians have Su-30MKI, they don't need superhornet. With all due respect the age of F-16 has gone, Pakistan has it and India must look something better than F-16. However, Mig-35 is brilliant. It will have the first Russian AESA radar and the best of the Russian tech. Indians will fit them with Israeli ELTA AESA radars anyway. It also has one of the best 3D thrust vectoring nozzles, if not the most advnced one right now. so I think Mig-35 is a good choice except now that rafales gone, i don't see Mig-35 making in either:(

The only doubt was about Rafale's engine performance, specially when Eurofighter's engine is much hyped about. But Is Gripen's engine any better than rafale's? The swedish jet's a single engine right?not even twin! I am waiting to see what Indian defence ministry shows as the specific reason...if they do at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom