What's new

Cyclone Phailin set to hit Odisha at a wind speed of 205 kmph tomorrow

@iajdani yes I am damn sure about prepardness. This time I can assure you that loss of life would be minimum considering the kind of storm it is. Though crops and infrastructure in some 5-6 coastal districts would be affected but loss of life would be minimum for sure. Last time such storm came in India was in 1999 and then around 15000 people would died but this time we are very well prepared.
PS: more than 6 lakhs people were evacuated to storm shelters by evening.

I think 6 laks are very small number considering the strength and size of the impact. But I heard that the area are hilly which may be a relief.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys good news. No wind no rain in Gopalpur.

I think 6 laks are very small number considering the strength and size of the impact. But I heard that the area are hilly which may be a relief.

7.2 lakh people evacuated from coastal districts. No you are wrong. Most of the coastal districts are plain and very few hills are there.

actually these 6 lakhs are those who live near coastal villages(usually fishermen, workers) and haven't got concrete homes. Those who have concrete homes are usually safe(99.9% of time).
And in 1999, such storm hit in the same region and same districts and still 15K people died so I think that terrain have little to do with such storm. Anyway news is coming out that Army and NDRF will soon start clearing roads and will start rescue operations if required.

actually these 6 lakhs are those who live near coastal villages(usually fishermen, workers) and haven't got concrete homes. Those who have concrete homes are usually safe(99.9% of time).
And in 1999, such storm hit in the same region and same districts and still 15K people died so I think that terrain have little to do with such storm. Anyway news is coming out that Army and NDRF will soon start clearing roads and will start rescue operations if required.

No these are not same areas as in 1999 it was near Paradip port of Jagatsinghpur district and this is Gopalpur port of Ganjam district which are barely 150km away from each other. If the storm hit the Jagatsinghpur district again you might see 100's of people's death as jagatsighpur district is very open and low lying area.

BWbyVrTCYAEctPI.jpg:large

It will be a major loss of life even though I dont want that. I want those poor guys to live and bigots to die. How about 20,000 RSS visiting the area?? Cant we just let them die in return of those poor fisherman?

No , we will be more interested if we can replace the population there with the illegal bangladeshis in India and let them die .

It is a win-win for everyone ........ savvy .

Back
Top Bottom