What's new

CWG Pictures

@JohnP
Please troll on the respective sub forum (poverty/toilets/slums are the keywords), there are plenty here

thanks

------------------------------
This one looks quite grand

prasad&

@JohnP
Please troll on the respective sub forum (poverty/toilets/slums are the keywords), there are plenty here

thanks

Whose trolling? I'm not trolling, I'm just giving my opinion, if you don't like it that's not my problem!

So how many millions upon millions of homeless Indians are going to fit into 1200 low cost flats?

plx explain how people earning 80 rupees a day are going to afford the low cost flats? & wot is low cost?

Are all people in India earning 80 rs a day?
The average income of a middle class family in New Delhi is around 4200$ PPP by 2007 statistics IIRC, where these flats are constructed and they being the target consumers.
Low cost flats are provided by the government at lower than market rates so that people can afford homes in a costly city like Delhi for example the DDA flats in Delhi.

So how many millions upon millions of homeless Indians are going to fit into 1200 low cost flats?

Your uninformed opinion is of no use here, may as well keep it to yourself. India pulled out 60 million out of homelessness, rest will come too.

China and India, as the most populous nations, lifted more from slum conditions than any other countries, the report adds. China's urban population living in slums fell from 37.3 percent in 2000 to 28.2 percent today; in India, nearly 60 million were lifted from slum conditions over the same time. The authors credit China's economic reforms and pro-growth and urbanization policies, and India's efforts to provide microcredit, tenure, and basic services in slums.
India, China lead in lifting people out of urban slums, UN says - CSMonitor.com

Last edited:
Are all people in India earning 80 rs a day?
The average income of a middle class family in New Delhi is around 4200$ PPP by 2007 statistics IIRC, where these flats are constructed and they being the target consumers.
Low cost flats are provided by the government at lower than market rates so that people can afford homes in a costly city like Delhi for example the DDA flats in Delhi.

Your uninformed opinion is of no use here, may as well keep it to yourself. India pulled out 60 million out of homelessness, rest will come too.

Where have I said ALL Indians earn 80 rs a day? I have read & seen numerous news pieces (mostly from Indian sources) stating construction workers at the CWG are earning approx 80 rs a day while sleeping under plastic sheeting!
300million middle class versus how many hundreds of millions of poor?
How many hundreds of thousands of Delhi's poor will fit in 1200 low cost apartments?

Uninformed opinion! I could present hundreds of true facts about the reality of India (from Indian sources & Indian friends), but this is not the thread for that! Who are you to tell me where I can & can't give my opinion? Do u own this forum? Only 60 million, not bad, however, India could have lifted 100s of millions out of poverty by now if it wasn't for your useless corrupt GoI! CWG is the perfect example.

JohnP, why are you ruining the thread with roll? Why don't you think about the poverty in your own country and let the Indians think about India. :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 AM ----------

Opening ceremony rehearsal photos..Source-- Picasa Web Albums - bidyut majumder - Commonwealth ... (lots of pics there)

prasad002.jpg

cwgbidyut1s.jpg

cwgbidyut2.jpg

Grand pics. Thanks for sharing. :yahoo:

@ kinetic
did u see the chairs in the 3rd pic,very close look .they will be lucky who will take those seats.i think they are for the vip's

Everyone waiting for tomorrow....

Ceremony starting from 19:00 hours Indian Standard Time

Live watch on DD in High definition...

Last edited by a moderator:
paisa lagaya hai!!!!!,i m waiting for the today evening.
many ppl will get a awesome reply.;);)

@ kinetic
did u see the chairs in the 3rd pic,very close look .they will be lucky who will take those seats.i think they are for the vip's

Yeah, some people are really lucky.... No country has such diversity of culture and heritage like India and watching such event from close in a big game like CWG will be a life time achievement.
:smitten:

You can see the above video, if you haven't already. :cheers:

BTW I think VIPs will be in a secure area from where they will get a better view.

Yeah, some people are really lucky.... No country has such diversity of culture and heritage like India and watching such event from close in a big game like CWG will be a life time achievement.
:smitten:

You can see the above video, if you haven't already. :cheers:

BTW I think VIPs will be in a secure area from where they will get a better view.

y m watching this video.it is under preparation,today evening will be awesome and it will give answer to many.:lol::lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom