What's new

CWG: After dog, snake found in athlete's room

He should join Lashkar-e-Toiba. They would accept him gladly for doing such damage to India and also we will get a reason to just shoot him in the A$$!:lol:

dont yaar i am so kind on him atleast he give us good time for laugh and enjoy the jokes he is so innocent yaar:smitten:

After dog, they found a snake. Next they will find humans. after all dogs and snakes have been here on Earth for much longer than humans.
Well you don't expect to find them in the room of an athlete at an international sporting event!

This is not a dog, but an adult cobra, totally lethal. That changes the magnitude of such a discovery.

Athletes will be totally on edge if they're reading this new revelation (if they weren't already).

Imagine an ultra religious worker there gets a complaint from an athlete that there is a cow that won't get out of his/her room...

Dun dun dun daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Well you don't expect to find them in the room of an athlete at an international sporting event!

This is not a dog, but an adult cobra, totally lethal. That changes the magnitude of such a discovery.

Athletes will be totally on edge if they're reading this new revelation (if they weren't already).

And just where does it say that the snake caught was a cobra ?

And just where does it say that the snake caught was a cobra ?
"A police constable saw the cobra going inside the sewer, which means that it had been roaming around in the area. Our team reached there at 2.40 pm and rescued the snake, which was sleeping inside the sewer. It is a venomous snake and can be dangerous," said Arshad Khan, rescue co-coordinator, Wildlife SOS.

The cobra was 3.5 feet long and the rescue team had difficulty in locating it as the caller didn’t gave its exact location.

Hindustan Times

"A police constable saw the cobra going inside the sewer, which means that it had been roaming around in the area. Our team reached there at 2.40 pm and rescued the snake, which was sleeping inside the sewer. It is a venomous snake and can be dangerous," said Arshad Khan, rescue co-coordinator, Wildlife SOS.

Hindustan Times

Ok then, if its a cobra, then this is a serious issue.

Ok then, if its a cobra, then this is a serious issue.
Most definitely. Look, we experienced floods, and my village had an influx of snakes as a result in Pakistan. That's the way nature works.

But the wider context of course is that this shouldn't be happening at an international sporting event. The athletes villages will be complete 4 days before the opening ceremony and that's just ridiculous.

Not only should it not have been completed months ago, but then a total clearout internally and on the outskirts to prevent the possibility of snakes, dogs etc entering the compounds.

It's just poor plannning. But heads will roll later. India and other third world countries can only learn from the multitude of errors and mistakes. But that's the problem, we never do, it will happen again for sure.

I just didn't expect India to get it so bad this time around.

Most definitely. Look, we experienced floods, and my village had an influx of snakes as a result in Pakistan. That's the way nature works.

But the wider context of course is that this shouldn't be happening at an international sporting event. The athletes villages will be complete 4 days before the opening ceremony and that's just ridiculous.

Not only should it not have been completed months ago, but then a total clearout internally and on the outskirts to prevent the possibility of snakes, dogs etc entering the compounds.

It's just poor plannning. But heads will roll later. India and other third world countries can only learn from the multitude of errors and mistakes. But that's the problem, we never do, it will happen again for sure.

I just didn't expect India to get it so bad this time around.

The place at where the CWG village has been built was complete barren land which was home to reptiles and animals.

Actually, I would be surprised if more snakes are not found.

But u r right, this should have been handled with great precaution, such events can really frighten the hell out of anybody.

Whatever has happened till now can be undone but the last thing we want is for someone to get bitten by some poisonous snake.

That will make such a big dent on India's reputation that cleaning those stains will take years and years for India.

I still think why would a snake come to a residential place ... that too a room. Does it want to sleep on the cozy bed? Anyways .... CWG is going to be a big slap on Indian Govt face as it had neglected it till the last minute.

No bidding for Olympics for another 50 years ... lol

I still think why would a snake come to a residential place ... that too a room. Does it want to sleep on the cozy bed? Anyways .... CWG is going to be a big slap on Indian Govt face as it had neglected it till the last minute.

No bidding for Olympics for another 50 years ... lol

Its nothing new, it just happened at the wrong place, wrong time.
Snake Pops Up In the Bronx - WSJ.com

Back
Top Bottom