What's new

CWG 2010: Haroon Khan tipped to eclipse older brother Amir

dou you guys think he will be still billed as pakistani when he turns professional?? no malice.. honest question i'm asking.

Guys, to clear up some confusion, Haroon wanted to represent England.

However, he was overlooked for whatever baffling reason. He's won all the tournaments, the Nationals, hell, he's even beaten the guy who was picked ahead of him!!

Given he wants to turn professional sometime soon (within the next 6-12 months), he wanted the exposure of fighting on a grand stage and picking up the experience (just like his brother did at the Olympics).

It was because of the snub back in England, that he decided to represent Pakistan to aid his career development. By fighting in the CWG and Asian Games, that will help him, more so than sitting at home back in Bolton given that England ignored him.

There was a route for him to participate at the CWG and AG's, and he chose it. He shouldn't be condemned for it.

Matter of fact. England's loss is pakistan's gain. Hope this kid trains even harder to prove the rednecks that they made a big mistake. Their rejection is indeed or would turn into a boon sooner or later. All the best to him.

the question is, its upto PAKISTAN to chose whether to give representation to an individual, who is not even a pakistani, but of a pakistani origin, but pakistan opened its arms for a british, so i dont think haroon just decided in a haste to represent pakistan, while thinking if he is given opportunity as a brit, he would prefer to be a brit, i think he made a big decision to represent pakistan after all, and after all we have got lots n lots of british born players playing for pakistan, example is karla khan, some of brit football players in pakistan national squad, one plays for even manchester united..

I felt Haroon Khan wasn't on top of his game, it felt like he was content with the bronze after defeating the GB boxers.

Suranjoy outdid himself, good performance. But Haroon has made a name, I hope he turns pro and goes farther ahead. Also needs to build up some muscle, he looked way too skinny compared to all the opponents he faced.

congrats to Suranjoy Singh

we are still happy for Harron, he is a bright prospect!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom