What's new

Current Tensions in Xinjiang-China

We are not looking for GOP's comments on this issue. It's China's internal matter and they will take care of it. But if this was happened in India, do you think some posters would of licking thier chops to take shots at India. Why so fair and wait for the news theory on other country but not India? Lets wait for neutral sources when it happens in friendly country but if it happenes in India, some people would just make up their mind before they even finish reading the news. Interesting for sure, dont you think so?

If most people see a beggar they will give him/her some money most of the time. At the same time, most do nothing about people dying in Africa.
Similarly, If I saw a man and women argue, I might try to stop it. If I knew they were husband and wife, I'll keep quiet because I know if I interfere, they'll team up and beat me up.
Would you say that it is incorrect or uncommon ? People try to attack issues closer to home or things they can affect. If it is far away or they know it is a fight they can't win, they'll keep quiet.

To put it in real terms.
Pakistan split from India and feel that they are better off compared to Indian Muslims. So (some) Pakistani people use a riot in India to say "I told you so". Some others see Indian Muslims as same as themselves, but living with different decisions. Some other Pakistani people just hate India, so obviously they complain. There are a few who really believe that a global Islamic movement come above their country, but they really are a few. Some of them might complain now about China. But even among those people, there'll be a few who are pragmatic and see benefits in keeping quiet on China which is very powerful.

If most people see a beggar they will give him/her some money most of the time. At the same time, most do nothing about people dying in Africa.
Similarly, If I saw a man and women argue, I might try to stop it. If I knew they were husband and wife, I'll keep quiet because I know if I interfere, they'll team up and beat me up.
Would you say that it is incorrect or uncommon ? People try to attack issues closer to home or things they can affect. If it is far away or they know it is a fight they can't win, they'll keep quiet.

To put it in real terms.
Pakistan split from India and feel that they are better off compared to Indian Muslims. So (some) Pakistani people use a riot in India to say "I told you so". Some others see Indian Muslims as same as themselves, but living with different decisions. Some other Pakistani people just hate India, so obviously they complain. There are a few who really believe that a global Islamic movement come above their country, but they really are a few. Some of them might complain now about China. But even among those people, there'll be a few who are pragmatic and see benefits in keeping quiet on China which is very powerful.

I would be a very happy person if people from pakistan and People from india feel that ways to each other. If they are more bothered about each other (if stuff happens in Pakistan, India quick to point it and vice versa) then maybe its just because of a "jealous sibling" attitude but still "sibling"

Sometimes I feel maybe we should have had a common enemy - the whole of the subcontinent - it should be something like Pak , india and BD Vs some big enemy. Maybe then we will come out of our petty differences!

How many wars have the european coutries fought against each other? How come they are a "Union" now with strong economy? Why doesnt that happen to the place where 1/5th of humanity lives??

come to think of it, combined armies of India, Pak, BD would send shudders down the spine of any "four-letter word" country in the world. With the amount of scietific know how, religious sanctity, enormous places of historic values, we should be stinking rich by now.

Remember, the "Indian subcontinent " (not India alone ) was #1 in economic terms until the 18th century and that is because it was "Indian subcontinent" not India, not pakistan, not BD.

Mubarak! I wonder if that Imam suggested the same to his community over the carnage of Muslims in Chechnya. My advice to the Indians is to not try to pull cheap shots here by highlighting points to instigate. When was the last time you posted an article about an Indian Imam decrying the atrocities of the Indian forces in IoK? Who has the guts to do so in India? I am sure the day the Imam says something of this nature, your RSS crackpots will burn him and his family alive.

Simply amazing tactics of instigation...:disagree::lol:

You apparently don't follow news about Muslims leaders condemning Indian forces actions in Kashmir.

And as to your flimsy excuses for an argument and blaming Indians, I still don't see outrage from our respected Pakistani members.
Apparently you don't know much about the happenings in China where many Muslims were recently killed and so you cannot 'comment' on that. On the other hand, you seem to have indepth knowledge of happenings in India and so you can make 'informed' comments on that? Amusing, aint it?
So people cry foul on seeing the video of two students being beaten in India assuming they are muslims, but not a whimper on seeing and reading about Muslims being Killed in china!!
Accept what suits you, discard what doesn't. This goes for other Muslim nations as well. You all cry foul over Palestinians, Kashmiris, Indian Muslims, but not a voice of protest for Kurds, the free-for-all killfest during 03-07 Iraq quagmire, nor the recent protests in Iran against hardline clerics.
Now doesn't it smell of something similar? Oh wait, its POLITICS! Apparently its OK if China does it, or supports regimes who do it a la Sudan.
So much for Muslim brotherhood!
Do you really have an answer for that Blain?

It is purely china's internal matter and china is more than capable of solving it. Stuff just happens.

However your above sentence caught my eye.

I really wish there are more true muslims out there and i believe there are...However the problem is moderates never come out in support and the fanatics supress them ..Moderates just talk and nothing else....

Taliban doesnt kill women ....Sir ....Taliban is capable of killing anyone .....monsters they are...stoning , beheading , shooting ....anything....there's a tone of material which shows that....Point is ...Fanatics in the name of any religion is capable of anything .........women children doesnt matter

few years ago,Afghanistan Taliban had got 10+Korea hostage,and they killed some of man,but not touch women.
i dont know if they change now,or they would kill women and kids in their terrorism now ,i just dont get a news that they killed people on the street in such way

You apparently don't follow news about Muslims leaders condemning Indian forces actions in Kashmir.

And as to your flimsy excuses for an argument and blaming Indians, I still don't see outrage from our respected Pakistani members.
Apparently you don't know much about the happenings in China where many Muslims were recently killed and so you cannot 'comment' on that. On the other hand, you seem to have indepth knowledge of happenings in India and so you can make 'informed' comments on that? Amusing, aint it?
So people cry foul on seeing the video of two students being beaten in India assuming they are muslims, but not a whimper on seeing and reading about Muslims being Killed in china!!
Accept what suits you, discard what doesn't. This goes for other Muslim nations as well. You all cry foul over Palestinians, Kashmiris, Indian Muslims, but not a voice of protest for Kurds, the free-for-all killfest during 03-07 Iraq quagmire, nor the recent protests in Iran against hardline clerics.
Now doesn't it smell of something similar? Oh wait, its POLITICS! Apparently its OK if China does it, or supports regimes who do it a la Sudan.
So much for Muslim brotherhood!
Do you really have an answer for that Blain?

Allow me; it's called instinct for self preservation. It is the way of the world, how often has India objected to Russian brutality? A quarter of your population is Muslim and yet the government of India is silent? Why? The answer is simple; India does not want to antagonize China.

Ever heard the phrase "Might is right"?
Welcome to the real world gubbi...

How many Uighurs died compared to han..?

As far as i can gather, id10ts islamophobes come here on this forum and making anti-islam remarks aswell as making false claims to attack many Muslim. They also do this to stir-up trouble amongst Chinese and Pakistan due their fear of powerful relationship between them and lack of control.

"So you want us to support any muslim group and it does not matter if its right or wrong" HELL NO ! concentrate your childish bickering against the racists and fundametallist extrismist Christian Terrorist known as evangelical Christians !

I

Taliban doesnt kill women ....Sir ....Taliban is capable of killing anyone .....monsters they are...stoning , beheading , shooting ....anything....there's a tone of material which shows that....Point is ...Fanatics in the name of any religion is capable of anything .........women children doesnt matter

Funny that rings a bell you can take these words and put to describe the coalitions troops, It brings out the truth especially the US.

I have yet to see a Hindu come out in number and protest in anger of the treat of Muslims in India never seen such thing

Normally those types of witless craps deserve no reply from me. I nonetheless hope to utilize this opportunity to summarize what I meant earlier:

If Han is not considered as local in Xinjiang, then Uighur is not, either.

If Uighur is considered as local in Xinjiang, then Han is local, too, and perhaps even more local.

Low IQ people may still ask why?

This is because Han entered Xinjiang several centuries earlier than Uighur was formed and keeps staying there, albeit with smaller population compared with Uighur.

Remind you all that Xinjiang has been called home not only by Uighur or Han, but also by all 47 of 56 Chinese ethnics. They are all local to Xinjiang.

Ethnic Percent in Xinjiang (2004)
Uighur 45. 73%
Han 39. 75%
Kazakh 7.04%
Hui 4.46%

trust me ,man
if China is in trouble ,they would not care about who is local or not .

even some of indians said 156 death in Xinjiang is Uighur,and killed by chinese army
they think it is a peaceful protest

who can tell me a peaceful protest killed 156,and 1080 wounded in 3 hours,what kind of a protest it is?

is there any one know how long the protest in Thailand? more than one year,and how many people died? 1 ,only one,ok?

what a f@ck protest it is ? how funny it is a country of freedom?right?
indians is fighting for Uighur racist ,how holy you r ?
sh@t

Funny that rings a bell you can take these words and put to describe the coalitions troops, It brings out the truth especially the US.

I have yet to see a Hindu come out in number and protest in anger of the treat of Muslims in India never seen such thing

come on ,man
the indians r trying so hard to make China a anti-Islam country,if you r so honest ,they will feel bad
and i still dont trust prejudice on religion,i believe a true Muslim would not kill innocent people

the Islamic leaders r the targets of the racist or terrorists too,some of them had been killed

Riot happened just before the G-8 meeting, isn't the timing suspicious as it made Chinese delegation to quite G-8 as they were purposing second international currency on that forum Vs $$.

Riot happened just before the G-8 meeting, isn't the timing suspicious as it made Chinese delegation to quite G-8 as they were purposing second international currency on that forum Vs $$.

Allow me; it's called instinct for self preservation. It is the way of the world, how often has India objected to Russian brutality? A quarter of your population is Muslim and yet the government of India is silent? Why? The answer is simple; India does not want to antagonize China.

Ever heard the phrase "Might is right"?
Welcome to the real world gubbi...

India never goes around shouting herself hoarse that they are the beacons of any one particular religion. As far as Govt of India is concerned, they are responsible for territorial integrity of India. If they start supporting secessionist movements, they might have to answer the problems they are facing now. So its not that they are afraid of antagonizing China. If that was the case, we would'nt be shoring up our defenses along the Indo-Tibet border in Arunachal Pradesh. China is NOT a benefactor to India, they are our competitors.
On the other hand, Pakistan doesn't condemn the Chinese atrocites on Ughir population, clearly, because they cannot - note this - afford to antagonize the Chinese. The important point here is China is one of the main benefactors of Pakistan.

So the reason why I posted the article is to draw your attention to the fact that despite all the grandiloquence of Muslim brotherhood espoused by many members here in relation to Indian Muslims (Kashmiris included), it all boils down to business and realpolitik when it come to affairs between countries. Religion has no place in it. Case in point - China & Pakistan.

Last edited:

Not another baseless conspiracy theory!
France is supporting Chinese proposal too. Its in the news. Do you see riots in France?

Back
Top Bottom