What's new

Current Tensions in Xinjiang-China

quriosity:

Your figure is in China whole. In Xinjiang, Hui has much smaller % of population. The 2 largest are Uighur and Han. Kazak probably third, and Hui 4th.

Most likely, lots of Hui muslims were killed in riots too.

Based on the report, terrorists used face and language to pick on Han to kill. By that method, Hui would be killed or injured together with Han in Urumqi because Hui look like Han and Hui usually do not speak Uighur language either. Hui typically live in citiesand usually are good at business. Most likely Hui are there too in Urumqi.

yes... i know... :) all know... but America dont want to know... :)

Kazak usually do not live in cities because they are nomads. Hui for the most part are as successful as Han and many times are businessmen.

My guess is that in Urunqi, Han biggest, Uighur 2nd, Hui third in terms of population.

han people consist of about 75% of the population, and uighur groups make up about 10%~15%.

Racial relationship between Hui and Uighur in the past were not good either. According to my personal research and online chat with folks in CHina in Xinjiang over past, Uighurs typically hate Hui as much as hate Han.

Therefore, in the past 100 years racial based conflicts or wars, many times Hui sat on the sides of Hans against Uighurs.

The recent conflict was more of race conflict, rather than religion.

Racial relationship between Hui and Uighur in the past were not good either. According to my personal research and online chat with folks in CHina in Xinjiang over past, Uighurs typically hate Hui as much as hate Han.

Therefore, in the past 100 years racial based conflicts or wars, many times Hui sat on the sides of Hans against Uighurs.

The recent conflict was more of race conflict, rather than religion.

if they so racist... send them to Israel for schooling... if they come alive.. they understand unity... hi hi hi :)

sorry... just joking... :)

There are some very bloody pictures but the authority dosn't want them to be published for the reason that these would raise the anger of Han people against the uighur groups, and the blockade and the shut down of many BBS are basically for the same purpose.
So what on the TV actually has been 'softened'
ÎÚ³ľÆë´òÔÒÇÀÉÕÑÏÖØ·¸×ïʼþËÀÕßÊýÔöÖÁ156ÈË_ÐÂÎÅÖÐÐÄ_ÐÂÀËÍø

http://news.ifeng.com/mainland/special/wulumuqisaoluan/zuixinbaodao/200907/0708_7229_1238932.shtml

http://www.takungpao.com/inc/photo/photo_cont.asp?nid=1109237&cid=853&c=&id=397584

121620_WU2.jpg

144530_w3.jpg

121630_WU3.jpg

Last edited:
han people are very angry.... they say govt is too much soft... they hunting for uighur people on streets... the uighurs in police custody are safe.... but those not in custody.... god help them...

The first post Abudurekefu Akhond is a Uighur muslim, speaking Uighur only.

The 2nd post Imam Chen Guangyuan is a Hui muslim, speaking Han Chinese.

Just to be clear about the 2 leaders racial profile.

if they so racist... send them to Israel for schooling... if they come alive.. they understand unity... hi hi hi :)

sorry... just joking... :)

what happened in urumqi is not a joke and there is no joking at all when innosant passengers being slaughtered.

rubyjackass:

I posted Islamic leaders against riots, find video as I posted there. The first articel were 3 Uighur islamic leaders' views, only English text, and speaking in Uighur and CHinese translation.

There are losts of overseas Uighur anti-Chinese views on web, which you can find easily. They only provide false information this time.

There are losts of overseas Uighur anti-Chinese views on web, which you can find easily. They only provide false information this time.

they are not overseas Uighurs ...lol.... they have different idenity... they pretend Uighurs... but not uighurs... :)

Gansu, and Ningxia: Dominantly Hui muslim
Xinjiang: Dominantly Uighur muslim.

Being neibor geographicly, Hui and Uighur historically fought wars and conflicts many times in past 100 years.

Well, The World Uighur Congress, the mastermind behind the event published different (false) account on the event. This group has HQ in Washington DC, and got money from US government.

Back
Top Bottom