What's new

" Coward' Police flayed over DI Khan jail break: Our heads hang in shame ..

You are right, but sometime even in developed countries some incidents or actually let go off.
Coming back to the topic, the investigation was completed very next day and some senior officials including ssp elite police and dsp got suspended. We can blame the training, which failed to encourage the personnel and create the willingness to fight no matter what.

People who are "suspended" with great fanfare are mostly "reinstated" very quietly after a suitable time period.

Am not sure if this behavior can be termed as resilience. Selfish more like it, basically not giving a shyte till something happens to one of their near and dear ones.

I disagree. Resilience in the face great adversity is a quality we have in spades, much more so than just about any other country you can think of. My only worry is that the requirement will soon be going up from spades to truckloads.

Its always the lower rung policeman that get suspended... I am happy that even higher ups like SP and DSPs are suspended.

two things:
1. police with common revolver and rifle cannot fight with terrorist with AKs and rocket launchers..

2. Police always show power in front of common and poor man while hide when real gangster comes in front..

No matter what but PTI should refrain from blame game politics & accept it's failure.

Currently PML-N is performing way better than PTI. Pakistanis had very high expectations from PTI but it looks like these 46 days of their rule have brought only miseries for the people of KPK - Pakistan.

Total failure of civilian govt.

Yes, you are correct in that the people of Pakistan always have shown great resilience and resourcefulness in dealing with huge problems that would destroy other places. It is just that a limit to both these adaptive qualities must exist, or can we assume that no limits apply here so that we can deal with whatever is coming our way?

I don't know how long you have lived in Pakistan but believe me Pakistanis are one 'Dheet Qaum', i don't think there is any limits to our 'Dheetness'. I have lived through a time in Summer when we had 15 hours load-shedding everyday, and i live in Cantt Lahore. People went on with their everyday lives as if nothing is wrong.

The problem is that we are selfish, the syndrome of 'NIMBY' applies perfectly to us. We don't give a damn as long as our loved ones are safe and secure. We don't care if the poor die, the most common notion that is paraded is that we are already over populated, let the TTP kill some. Its absolutely despicable, and than there are a strong few who actually hold a lot of sympathy for the TTP despite the savagery they have committed. I mean we have @Zarvan who believes that TTP are the soldiers of Allah and are justified in their act, i mean its simply mind boggling. In their eyes, Muslims can do no wrong and all the blame lies with Jews, Hindus and Christians.

People who are "suspended" with great fanfare are mostly "reinstated" very quietly after a suitable time period.

Thats the crux of the problem, there is no concept of sacking from Public Service. A 'Sarkari Nokri' is considered a job for life, its taken for granted, there is zero percent chance of you getting fired. You might get suspended, put on OSD, but sooner or later you will be reinstated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how long you have lived in Pakistan but believe me Pakistanis are one 'Dheet Qaum', i don't think there is any limits to our 'Dheetness'. I have lived through a time in Summer when we had 15 hours load-shedding everyday, and i live in Cantt Lahore. People went on with their everyday lives as if nothing is wrong.

The problem is that we are selfish, the syndrome of 'NIMBY' applies perfectly to us. We don't give a damn as long as our loved ones are safe and secure. We don't care if the poor die, the most common notion that is paraded is that we are already over populated, let the TTP kill some. Its absolutely despicable, and than there are a strong few who actually hold a lot of sympathy for the TTP despite the savagery they have committed. I mean we have @Zarvan who believes that TTP are the soldiers of Allah and are justified in their act, i mean its simply mind boggling. In their eyes, Muslims can do no wrong and all the blame lies with Jews, Hindus and Christians.

Thats the crux of the problem, there is no concept of sacking from Public Service. A 'Sarkari Nokri' is considered a job for life, its taken for granted, there is zero percent chance of you getting fired. You might get suspended, put on OSD, but sooner or later you will be reinstated.

I agree with you that we are a dheet qaum. Very.

I just question whether there are any limits on that resilience and dheetness. All human societies have a breaking point. I agree with you that ours is not yet reached, but, assuming that we do have our own breaking point, whatever it is, and given the national trajectory, there is bound to be a meeting between the two lines.

What say you Sir?

I disagree. Resilience in the face great adversity is a quality we have in spades, much more so than just about any other country you can think of. My only worry is that the requirement will soon be going up from spades to truckloads.

Oh yes they are sir, no doubt about that. And following our usual tradition even they wont learn a lesson from the past cases

I agree with you that we are a dheet qaum. Very.

I just question whether there are any limits on that resilience and dheetness. All human societies have a breaking point. I agree with you that ours is not yet reached, but, assuming that we do have our own breaking point, whatever it is, and given the national trajectory, there is bound to be a meeting between the two lines.

What say you Sir?

For some the limit has been reached already, as many are moving abroad at a rapid pace. Dheetness of it all is even they are not willing to fight hence run away from it.some of them already have dual nationalities and just cashing up on their assets in the country. Once **** hits the fan they will be on a charted flight along with politicians leaving the country. And only those will be left to suffer who had been suffering throughout the life.

The problem probably lies in not identifying them as an enemy and considering firing on them as firing on your own, or probably at some level agreeing with their POV. I may be wrong here.

The problem probably lies in not identifying them as an enemy and considering firing on them as firing on your own, or probably at some level agreeing with their POV. I may be wrong here.

Am afraid you are wrong, as most of them wont fight because thought of their love ones come to their mind first. They think that if they diebhere today-which they will, no one is going to look after their families.

Am afraid you are wrong, as most of them wont fight because thought of their love ones come to their mind first. They think that if they diebhere today-which they will, no one is going to look after their families.

Then they are in the wrong job then, probably should have selected some other employment.

Yes, you are correct in that the people of Pakistan always have shown great resilience and resourcefulness in dealing with huge problems that would destroy other places. It is just that a limit to both these adaptive qualities must exist, or can we assume that no limits apply here so that we can deal with whatever is coming our way?

Argus, these words 'resilience and resourcefulness' are just empty words which are used to cover up what is a shameful situation. These are just used to keep morals high. They dont actually mean what they imply.

For example:
Mumbai had multiple blasts years back, after that the local trains exploded, after that the bombs in the hospital exploded where the patients of earlier bomb blasts were taken.

Now if you dont know - the local trains are the absolute heart of Bombay. If the trains dont ply, bombay declares a holiday. Every human being in that city uses the locals - from CEO's to labourers.

Do you know what happened the day after every bomb blast?
The people used the trains again the next day, the markets where the bomb exploded were again full, the hospitals were again functioning.

And people of India started clapping saying that this is the 'resilience of Mumbai', 'amchi mumbai'.

But do you know what the truth was?
Those people who went on those trains again, the traders who went to the market again, the people who were out in the streets again didnt do it because they were brave, they did it because they had no choice.

Because they have got to go out and do what they do to keep earning money.
The rest of India applauded as if the people of mumbai actually had a choice.

But it is done just to keep the morale high. I see Pakistani's have started this self praise - of being 'resilient'. As long as you dont start believing it, it is good. But if you start believing it, things will not change.

As long as you FIX what causes these self praises, all is well. The means should not become the ends.

I hope you get the essence of what I am trying to convey.

@acid rain well for someone from a village who had no proper education, and no employment opportunity available , a job in Police provides a lifetime opportunity , and on the top, some extra cash in hand (bribe).

Then they should not have put on an uniform; should not have taken on the job of providing security.

Instead they could have opened shops or sold Chai, Kababs or Paan or cleaned drains and sewers instead of hiding in them. That would've been more honorable and honest. And not a crime. What they did instead was criminal.

Argus, these words 'resilience and resourcefulness' are just empty words which are used to cover up what is a shameful situation. These are just used to keep morals high. They dont actually mean what they imply.

For example:
Mumbai had multiple blasts years back, after that the local trains exploded, after that the bombs in the hospital exploded where the patients of earlier bomb blasts were taken.

Now if you dont know - the local trains are the absolute heart of Bombay. If the trains dont ply, bombay declares a holiday. Every human being in that city uses the locals - from CEO's to labourers.

Do you know what happened the day after every bomb blast?
The people used the trains again the next day, the markets where the bomb exploded were again full, the hospitals were again functioning.

And people of India started clapping saying that this is the 'resilience of Mumbai', 'amchi mumbai'.

But do you know what the truth was?
Those people who went on those trains again, the traders who went to the market again, the people who were out in the streets again didnt do it because they were brave, they did it because they had no choice.

Because they have got to go out and do what they do to keep earning money.
The rest of India applauded as if the people of mumbai actually had a choice.

But it is done just to keep the morale high. I see Pakistani's have started this self praise - of being 'resilient'. As long as you dont start believing it, it is good. But if you start believing it, things will not change.

As long as you FIX what causes these self praises, all is well. The means should not become the ends.

I hope you get the essence of what I am trying to convey.

I was going to point out the same.. mumbaikars take offence to the word now, because its a cruel joke on people who have no alternative.

Then they should not have put on an uniform; should not have taken on the job of providing security.

Instead they could have opened shops or sold Chai, Kababs or Paan or cleaned drains and sewers instead of hiding in them. That would've been more honorable and honest. And not a crime. What they did instead was criminal.

as explained the reason in Post # 57 already sir, most of them come from small villages, have families, LEA/ Police is an ideal life time oppurtunity. Once they retire, they setup a small shop, and eat up on the pension. While they served, they took the salaries and the extrra cash in hand

Back
Top Bottom