What's new

Countdown to India's big Agni leap begins

at the bold part.
nopes. the payload is reduced because an extra stage is added. and adding an extra stage will itself act as a payload for 1st and 2nd stage.

electronics guidance is from A4, which will make the A5 more accurate and mechanical structure is from A3.

nop i think ur wrong as i am sure that new motors have been developed for first 3 stages to push more payload. there is no way that the fourth stage will act as a payload. thats not how this should be designed.

at the bold part.
nopes. the payload is reduced because an extra stage is added. and adding an extra stage will itself act as a payload for 1st and 2nd stage.

electronics guidance is from A4, which will make the A5 more accurate and mechanical structure is from A3.

but the extra stage will increase the range... maybe will increase the range by less then the range increased by 1st stage n 2nd stage each... but payload can be still same/increased.

so overall both an increase in range n same more/payload.

there is nothing like increase in range is only possible by reducing payload. that is faulty reasoning.

What's the maximum distance Agni-5 can reach? About 7000kms? What should be the
payload weight if A-5 should reach that distance?

I've heard and saw a few pics sometime ago of a 13-warhead MIRVed version of Agni-3 (called A-3B),
is it really in development? It'll be devastating if 13 nukes can be thrown with a single missile...can
the same configuration also be used on Agni-5? Considering A-3 and 5 use similar structures?

might be the trajectory is jigjag. as there are no. of mirv are in missile it just change its direction after one mirv released. so no need that trajectory is always strait like as the crow fly. eagerly waiting for other two tests one of Hypersonic machine and other is of the Nirbhay. we not need only superb machines but also in quantity. I think the Prahar and shaurya like missiles and brahmos etc. are best in the world or one of the best. Now we have Quality need these are in Quantity.

well Congrates in advance to all. Touch wood (right now wooden table).

at the bold part.

Nope thats totally false information.

This is how they made room for the extra stage while minimizing the overall length of the system.
Almost 2 m by the removal of the ventilated stage between 1 and 2 stages, reduction in the length of the RV and making it compatible for MIRV instead of an MaRV.

And the weight gain was carefully observed with the use of composite 3rd stage. So technically the new stage adds some 2.5 tons to the A-III base weight. All this was done while leave the payload capability untouched.Reason is an A-V like with 1000kg payload dont make sense for a new development,since A-III will be able to do the same thing.

The technical range of A-V will hover at 5500-8500km with a payload capability of 1200-2500kg.

The best thing that India can do is, modify the payload bus for 3 MIRV with total of 1200kg and put the system in mass production for a 100 no`s.

And all the 100 systems spread all over india will still be able to hit any chinese city from anywhere. Aswell covers whole europe

So it is politically stable to project A-V in terms of its min range instead of its throw-weight.

nop i think ur wrong as i am sure that new motors have been developed for first 3 stages to push more payload. there is no way that the fourth stage will act as a payload. thats not how this should be designed.

it is a simple logic. adding an extra stage will increase it's weight. Changing motor is one choice. but 3rd stage itself weights 2 ton.

either change the launch trajectory make it steeper to reach early in space, or change the motor or reduce the payload to hit 5000kms.

Nope thats totally false information.

This is how they made room for the extra stage while minimizing the overall length of the system.
Almost 2 m by the removal of the ventilated stage between 1 and 2 stages,
reduction in the length of the RV and making it compatible for MIRV instead of an MaRV.

And the weight gain was carefully observed with the use of composite 3rd stage. So technically the new stage adds some 2.5 tons to the A-III base weight. All this was done while leave the payload capability untouched.Reason is an A-V like with 1000kg payload dont make sense for a new development,since A-III will be able to do the same thing.

The technical range of A-V will hover at 5500-8500km with a payload capability of 1200-2500kg.

The best thing that India can do is, modify the payload bus for 3 MIRV with total of 1200kg and put the system in mass production for a 100 no`s.

And all the 100 systems spread all over india will still be able to hit any chinese city from anywhere. Aswell covers whole europe

So it is politically stable to project A-V in terms of its min range instead of its throw-weight.

They use truss to separate the stages. Removal of truss separation will make it a semi SLBM. It has nothing to to with weight.

the 3rd stage weighs 2ton. which will exert load on 1st and second stage dis-balancing thrust to weight ratio. Agni 3 with 1st and 2nd stage if could reach to 2500 kms, agni 5 will reach only 2000 or less kms.

It all depends on the steep trajectory and powerful Rocket Motor. Reaching early in space will over come the Payload problem and they can be able to throw 2.5 tons also.

it is a simple logic. adding an extra stage will increase it's weight. Changing motor is one choice. but 3rd stage itself weights 2 ton.

either change the launch trajectory make it steeper to reach early in space, or change the motor or reduce the payload to hit 5000kms.
ur physics is not that good friend. U can increase range and payload both just by adding extra stage. (even if u use no new motor)

ur physics is not that good friend. U can increase range and payload both just by adding extra stage. (even if u use no new motor)

Indeed you can. But without modifying the motor it is not possible.

you have to make the previous 2 stages powerful or reducing the actual payload so that the thrust to weight ration remains the same.
Putting an extra stage means increasing the weight. For this one of the many reasons only Saturn V rocket used Kerosene in the first stage and LOX and LH and in other stages.

Indeed you can. But without modifying the motor it is not possible.

you have to make the previous 2 stages powerful or reducing the actual payload so that the thrust to weight ration remains the same.
Putting an extra stage means increasing the weight. For this one of the many reasons only Saturn V rocket used Kerosene in the first stage and LOX and LH and in other stages.

If I add extra stage that extra stage allows me to increase the range. Say by X kms.

But if I increase my range by only Y kms (where Y<K) it means I can increase payload of missile. (motor may be required to be changed or may not be but it is not a 100% necessity as it depends upon the whether the added stage is too big or manageable with the existing motor).

but for agni V they have not reduced the payload to increse range. They hava used same/more payload by using extra stage with new or improved motors as reducing payload to increase range makes little meaning.

specially for agni 5, the first 3 stages have been modified and the new motors were tested on ground in 2011. this will help lift the 4 stage and the warhead.

Agni 5 is need of hour. Wonder how Britsih Media aka AL Guardian and BBC reacts to lauch to this launch.

Back
Top Bottom