What's new

Conversation between Lt.Gen Aziz and Musahraff intercepted by RAW in 99.

MuZammiL Dr. s[1]n;2892880 said:
well , im allergic to indian bullschit like this one :sick: but just for the sake of your hardwork done here , may i ask you : do you even have a single solid evidence which proves this conversation between the two top army generals of PakisTan did actually happen and the discussion done during that call ... ?? :azn: if yes then show us the proof :coffee: but if not then s.t.f.u. :angry:
:pakistan:

Just think about who tells you BS and who tells you the truth each time. When the kargil war happened, it was India that told you what your army was doing without your knowledge. At that time many people like you were buying their BS hook, line and sinker, and claiming that the involvement of your army was "indian BS" that they were "allergic to". The pak army would never lie, would it? Of course it was "non state actors" or mujahideen, and not the pakistan army. Then India released this conversation, and the whole world knew what was going on, and Clinton strongly told pakistan to withdraw its forces. And pakistan complied in due course. Ten years later your army finally admitted what India had told you all along about what they were doing with your tax money, and how many of your soldiers never went back to their families because of the misadventure intiated by your generals. It took ten years for them to even acknowledge that many of your soldiers died fighting a war, something which people like you claimed to be "Indian BS". If I were you, it wouldn't be "Indian BS" I would be concerned about, the BS fed to pakistanis always comes from your own army. This released conversation did your people a favour in showing you how your men were dying, and who was responsible for that.

Instead of failing I can see pakistan becoming a global phenomenon though at the most moment shez under extreme jewish,hindu and US propaganda but nobody can deny their pivotal role in current world issues ..As fas as india is concerned shez is too busy in applying foundation to hide her ugly black,scary face ..a face darkened by the blood of thousands of innocents in kashmir..26/11 was a rightly done job who ever did it but yes instead of innocent people it should have focused on shiv sena,modi or other such garbage india is so full of...Or they should have blown up some indian nuclear installation anyways i can see it comin soon at the hands of aggrieved kashmiris...

Does it ever occur to you that it is not indian kashmiris who do things like the mumbai massacre of 2008, but punjabis from pakistan? Hear this one more time - it wasn't aggrieved kashmiris in India who did the mumbai massacre, but pakistanis from across the border. Oh and yea, the taliban is of course a creation of jews and hindus, that's obvious, isn't it? Never mind the fact that all the talibani terrorists in pak are staunchly anti-india, anti-jewish and anti-american, but hey - facts shouldn't come in the way of your fantasies.

Anyway, I'm reporting your post for glorifying terrorism.

It does not matter, what you choose believe!! You started with the stance that, your soldiers were not involved in Kargil..We made these tapes public, to expose your lies and international community believed us.
You had to suffer intense humiliation/criticism.

It took you almost a decade to finally overcome the embarrassment and accept the fact that , that your NLI were the "infiltrators" on kargil peaks(a fact we had been saying all along)

Bottom line being that, we were right all along, and your were lying!!
and then again my question stays unanswered just as i expected ... :smokin:
so don't beat about the bush come straight to the point ... :guns:

I heard this when it came out. I remember the voice was nothing like the famous Musharraf voice which can be discerned by anyone.

While doing a major op Musharraf is not an idiot to manage it over the phone from China.

This was disproved at the time itself.

so it has been said and so it has been done- yeah? Did you think we expected any other answer from your side regarding this? To date you don't even agree that your Govt arm and govt are complicit in supporting certain terror groups. In the face of all , you don't even agree to what the rest of civilized world knows and you expect Indians would expect anything but excuses about this recording?

Just think about who tells you BS and who tells you the truth each time. When the kargil war happened, it was India that told you what your army was doing without your knowledge. At that time many people like you were buying their BS hook, line and sinker, and claiming that the involvement of your army was "indian BS" that they were "allergic to". The pak army would never lie, would it? Of course it was "non state actors" or mujahideen, and not the pakistan army. Then India released this conversation, and the whole world knew what was going on, and Clinton strongly told pakistan to withdraw its forces. And pakistan complied in due course. Ten years later your army finally admitted what India had told you all along about what they were doing with your tax money, and how many of your soldiers never went back to their families because of the misadventure intiated by your generals. It took ten years for them to even acknowledge that many of your soldiers died fighting a war, something which people like you claimed to be "Indian BS". If I were you, it wouldn't be "Indian BS" I would be concerned about, the BS fed to pakistanis always comes from your own army. This released conversation did your people a favour in showing you how your men were dying, and who was responsible for that.

Does it ever occur to you that it is not indian kashmiris who do things like the mumbai massacre of 2008, but punjabis from pakistan? Hear this one more time - it wasn't aggrieved kashmiris in India who did the mumbai massacre, but pakistanis from across the border. Oh and yea, the taliban is of course a creation of jews and hindus, that's obvious, isn't it? Never mind the fact that all the talibani terrorists in pak are staunchly anti-india, anti-jewish and anti-american, but hey - facts shouldn't come in the way of your fantasies.

Anyway, I'm reporting your post for glorifying terrorism.

i tell you what you can even report my fukcing dikc getting hard & high after your belli-dance was over in your post ... :rofl:

ab tu bataiyga mujhay ke meray mulk ki army nay hum pakistanio say jhoot kaha ya such ... ?? :angry: as if we pakisTanis were living in stone age during those days and the only means of any news or information was your indian media for us to know about kargil war .. :hitwall: every single pakistani knows what had happened in kargil and how that happened so no need to go into the details as it's a waste of time right now ...

the thing is you know jack about kargil operation so i won't even take a chance to question the bull-shcitt argument that you just gave here ... :coffee:

ab tu yeh bata mujhay ke teri mahaan indian army nay kitna sach bataaya hay apni bharti janta ko kargil ke baray men ?? :devil: just ask the families of thousands of indian soldiers who didnt even get the dead bodies of their loved ones that lost their lives in kargil by mere mujaahideens that were least-equiped & fighting on the frozen edge of this earth ; forget about their proper military burial with honors and all ...

and as far as who won in the kargil is concerned , you indians only have to go through your own govt.'s official fact & figures about the indian army's death toll and about the loss of your expensive military hardware & war equipment that your shiny india lost during the entire conflict including those mi-17s by PakisTan 's army air-defence when they tried to cross the l.o.c. , and not to mention your 2 mig. 21s destroyed on the face of this earth and your glorious indian airforce could not do any schiit about that ... :sniper:

in fact you should better thank PakisTan military for returning your pilot safe & sound without any harm done (unlike india who has history of killing pakisTanis on urgent basis) even when we were not bound to do it but we even in those circumstances never let go of our goodwill gestures towards hostile india ... :azn:

India gave Kargil tapes to Sharif a week before release
RITU SARIN

NEW DELHI, OCT 24: "This is Pakistan. Give me room No 83315...'' Thus began the ill-fated telephone conversation between Lt General Mohammed Aziz, Pakistan's Chief of General Staff and his boss, the Army Chief General Parvez Musharraf. The General was in a hotel room in Beijing, speaking secrets on an open trunk line and somewhere in the skies above, the listening posts were whirring.

At least two conversations of May 26 and May 29 -- when the Kargil hills were afire -- between the two Pakistani Generals were picked up and ``bull's eye'' was the phrase resounding in the headquarters of the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW). By June 1, Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee and members of the Cabinet Committee of Security (CCS) had heard the tapes.

And by June 4, India had taken the audacious step of delivering the Musharraf tapes, along with a written transcript to Pakistan's Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif himself.

If the Musharraf tapes were India's biggest intelligence breakthrough during Kargil, theundercover operation of handing them over to Islamabad was equally significant. A series of high-level meetings were held to discuss it and it was decided that the best way to convince the Pakistanis about the authenticity of the tapes was to let them listen to Aziz and Musharraf talking Kargil. But who would courier the sensitive cargo?

A via-media between a diplomatic mission and purely a Track-Two option was found. R K Mishra of the Observer group, who was in Australia, was asked to return to New Delhi and assigned the job. Fearing detection, or maybe just a cumbersome baggage search at the airport, the big-wigs at North Block decided Mishra must have the cover of diplomatic immunity. MEA's Joint Secretary, Vivek Katju was asked to board the PIA flight along with Mishra and either on the night of June 3 or June 4, the duo landed in Islamabad.

The Indian Embassy worked late that night, as the Musharraf tapes were played and re-played for senior members of the mission.

Those in the know say thatMishra's appointment with Nawaz Sharif was fixed by a senior member of the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) for the breakfast hour the following morning. Mishra went alone at about 8:30 am, handed over the tape and transcript and apparently made it known that this was just a sample of the ``evidence'' of military involvement in possession of New Delhi. It is not known whether Sharif listened to his military commanders' conversations in front of the Indian emissary or did so afterwards. What is known is that a worried-looking premier said he would look into the contents and act accordingly. Mishra and Katju left for New Delhi the same evening, mission accomplished. Mishra now says he is not willing to talk about his visit to Islamabad and says if anyone is talking about his assignment, they were being ``irresponsible.''

From the Indian viewpoint, the Musharraf tapes nailed Pakistan's lie that the Kargil intrusions were a non-military affair. Two, they exposed the fact that Musharraf and his fellow commanderswere dealing with Nawaz strictly on a need-to-know basis. The Indian A team, which included former RAW Secretary, Arvind Dave, National Security Advisor Brajesh Mishra and External Affairs Minister Jaswant Singh had calculated that once brought face to face with such evidence -- and the hint of more tapes and wire-taps in India's possession -- the Kargil situation might improve.

On June 11 -- a full week after Sharif had heard the tapes and on the eve of Sartaj Aziz's India visit -- that the conversations were made public at a press conference, though everyone was left guessing on the source for the intelligence scoop.

Members of the intelligence community are still hesitant to talk about how and where the Aziz-Musharraf conversations were mapped, saying it would be unwise for India to talk about such capabilities. But the fact that this was ``our own'' handiwork (and not that of the CIA, for instance) is well known by now. Those who have heard the tapes say the conversations are more audible fromthe Aziz end, indicating that the listening posts got their break over Islamabad, not Beijing.

Others say that the manner in which Musharraf discussed operational details of the Kargil war on a public line was typical of Pakistan's new commander-in-chief. But Musharraf is optimistic: he has ordered an inquiry and has decided to turn the tables on Nawaz and make the phone-tapping incident part of the chain of conspiracy against him.

What the tapes contain

May 26

(The Army Chief is informed that India has begun strafing and bombing their positions from high altitude.)

Lt Gen Aziz to Gen Musharraf: ``The situation is that we are along our defensive Line of Control...they (India) are not agreed on the demarcation under UNs verification, whereas we are agreed. We want to exploit it."

Musharraf: Has this MI-17 not fallen in our area?

Aziz: No sir. This has fallen in their area. We have not claimed it. We have got it claimed through the Mujahideen.

Musharraf:Well done.

May 29

(The day Indian air-strikes began)

Musharraf to Aziz: ``The door of discussion, dialogue must be kept open and rest, no change in ground situation.''

Aziz: ``We told him (Nawaz Sharif) there is no reason of alarm and panic. Then he said that I came to know 7 days back, when Corps Commanders were told. The entire reason for the success of this operation was this total secrecy.''

Copyright © 1999 Indian Express Newspapers (Bombay) Ltd.

musharraf%20in%20jeopardy.jpg

I love how bharti internet-warriors believe anything and everything :lol:

Just read through the 'conversation' ... Even two professional PDF senior members can engage in a more professional conversation that these supposedly two 'generals' in the midst of the war.

I also love how bhartis give like to eachother :lol:

Internet is a good place for bhartis to hang around and praise their 'dream world' ...

Many bhartis even believe that 4,000 Pakistani soldiers died at Kargil :lol:

Oh also the "utter defeat" of Pakistan in 4 wars at the hands of India :cheesy: ...

While back to the real world ...

Two bharti soldiers died because their tank went into the ditch...Tank had no 'night-vision' so drivers couldn't see it ...:laugh:

Last time their tank dropped into a well :lol:

Oh no :cry:

MuZammiL Dr. s[1]n;2894046 said:
and then again my question stays unanswered just as i expected ... :smokin:
so don't beat about the bush come straight to the point ... :guns:

Forgive me for being "too subtle" in my last..for I assumed, common sense would prevail and you would infer 'the answer' from facts laid out for you.

Nonetheless, here is a quick recap.

India made the tapes public ..the whole world believed us and was convinced that you were lying.
Many years later, you too accepted that..you had been lying all along.
So it does not matter..if they are authentic or not, they managed to convince everyone else of your lies!!
So if they are authentic ..a good job!..if they are not ..then a brilliant job!!

the real 'wars' were in 1948-49 and 1971; the rest including 1965 were skirmishes - they lasted few days; 1971 lasted from early 1971 when india started terror operations on east pakistan and ended in december when the traitor gen niazi surrendered 'unconditionally'. kargil was also a skirmish lasting a few days /weeks...

the real 'wars' were in 1948-49 and 1971; the rest including 1965 were skirmishes - they lasted few days; 1971 lasted from early 1971 when india started terror operations on east pakistan and ended in december when the traitor gen niazi surrendered 'unconditionally'. kargil was also a skirmish lasting a few days /weeks...
All of which you guys failed to achieve your objectives, is that so hard to believe? Its not because the people of Pakistan got defeated, it was simply because your Army had grand plans which were always lacking in their designs..

MuZammiL Dr. s[1]n;2894147 said:
i tell you what you can even report my fukcing dikc getting hard & high after your belli-dance was over in your post ...
ab tu bataiyga mujhay ke meray mulk ki army nay hum pakistanio say jhoot kaha ya such ... ?? :angry: as if we pakisTanis were living in stone age during those days and the only means of any news or information was your indian media for us to know about kargil war .. :hitwall: every single pakistani knows what had happened in kargil and how that happened so no need to go into the details as it's a waste of time right now ...

the thing is you know jack about kargil operation so i won't even take a chance to question the bull-shcitt argument that you just gave here ... :coffee:

ab tu yeh bata mujhay ke teri mahaan indian army nay kitna sach bataaya hay apni bharti janta ko kargil ke baray men ?? :devil: just ask the families of thousands of indian soldiers who didnt even get the dead bodies of their loved ones that lost their lives in kargil by mere mujaahideens that were least-equiped & fighting on the frozen edge of this earth ; forget about their proper military burial with honors and all ...

and as far as who won in the kargil is concerned , you indians only have to go through your own govt.'s official fact & figures about the indian army's death toll and about the loss of your expensive military hardware & war equipment that your shiny india lost during the entire conflict including those mi-17s by PakisTan 's army air-defence when they tried to cross the l.o.c. , and not to mention your 2 mig. 21s destroyed on the face of this earth and your glorious indian airforce could not do any schiit about that ... :sniper:

in fact you should better thank PakisTan military for returning your pilot safe & sound without any harm done (unlike india who has history of killing pakisTanis on urgent basis) even when we were not bound to do it but we even in those circumstances never let go of our goodwill gestures towards hostile india ... :azn:

None of this has anything to do with my post. Of course you can believe you won the kargil war, we don't care. Kashmir and kargil are with us. My post was only pointing out how your army denied any involvement for 10 years, and then admitted it - a fact you cannot deny, which is why you had to get all hyperactive and post things completely unrelated, including something about a belly dance and your parts getting hard. Stay classy.

As to you returning our pilots safe and sound - if you call torturing and killing him as equivalent to returning him safe and sound, then yes. Just google "ajay ahuja" and find out what happened to our pilot who was taken PoW. His dead body was even paraded on national TV in complete violation of all civilised behaviour by your forces.

Ajay Ahuja - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is what happens when you are brainwashed into believing your masters, the army.

The long and short of kargil is this - your army tried to send mujahideen as cover and then got involved themselves in a grand scheme to get kashmir. Not an inch was obtained, kashmir is still with us. Burn, baby, burn!:flame:

Thats just bcoz of our diCk head politicians Nawaz who went to usa and when came back everything changes.

But on topic isn't musharaf was there in kargil holding a pistol of an in-dian army ?

Can any body post that video of musharaf here ?

Oh and btw this is not called surrender 1971 yes that is but no the one you posted.

You know very well who got on the butt in kargil but then again how would you knew that.coz all the tv channels BBC CNN and other were banned in india during the war .:whistle:

Thats just bcoz of our diCk head politicians Nawaz who went to usa and when came back everything changes.

But on topic isn't musharaf was there in kargil holding a pistol of an in-dian army ?

Can any body post that video of musharaf here ?

Oh and btw this is not called surrender 1971 yes that is but no the one you posted.

You know very well who got on the butt in kargil but then again how would you knew that.coz all the tv channels BBC CNN and other were banned in india during the war .:whistle:

Umm...who gave you that last bit of info? No, they weren't banned in India. And no, they didn't report that pakistan won the kargil war, if thats what you are implying.

Pakistan tried to take kashmir and infiltrated into indian territory, the infiltrators all went back or were killed, and kashmir is still with us. Can you deny this much?

And CNN and BBC have websites with all the news from back then, maybe you can help us and point us to what news were banned in India? Can you give links from those sites to show us what information we are missing out on?

See Pakistani brothers, 65, 71, 48 you were not born, so what ever is fed by Indian/Pakistani govt we grasp it. But Kargil, That happen in 99, right infront of our eyes.

We all know what , how and when it happen. We saw the LIVE action. Still if you guys want to deny the truth, then I can only say "Keep live like Ostrich" Few facts bout Kargil

1. Pakistani forces behave irresponsible, they broke the Agreement and capture our posts.
2. Miyan Sharif pretend that He was unaware of it (Which he only can verify)
3. Miyan Musharraf took control of Pakistan.
4. India lost many soldier, each soldier was accounted and got proper cremation. Pakistan lost many soldier, which they hide from Awam and many of them didn't get proper burial. What is worst than that your country don't accept you.
5. Pakistani (Soldier and Terrorists/Jihadi) Behaved inhumane, they flawed geneva convention of Human right and Brutally murdered Sourabh Kalia and his team.Infact after murdering him they mutilated his body Which no human/god will forgive.
6. Even after recieving Kalia's body Indian forces didn't do the same with Pakistani PoW, instead Indian army gave them proper burial.

These all Incident were accounted and happen in front of us (Unless some one in forum born after 99). SO there is no need to fly any conspiracy theory.

RITU SARIN

NEW DELHI, OCT 24: "This is Pakistan. Give me room No 83315...'' Thus began the ill-fated telephone conversation between Lt General Mohammed Aziz, Pakistan's Chief of General Staff and his boss, the Army Chief General Parvez Musharraf. The General was in a hotel room in Beijing, speaking secrets on an open trunk line and somewhere in the skies above, the listening posts were whirring.

At least two conversations of May 26 and May 29 -- when the Kargil hills were afire -- between the two Pakistani Generals were picked up and ``bull's eye'' was the phrase resounding in the headquarters of the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW). By June 1, Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee and members of the Cabinet Committee of Security (CCS) had heard the tapes.

And by June 4, India had taken the audacious step of delivering the Musharraf tapes, along with a written transcript to Pakistan's Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif himself.

If the Musharraf tapes were India's biggest intelligence breakthrough during Kargil, theundercover operation of handing them over to Islamabad was equally significant. A series of high-level meetings were held to discuss it and it was decided that the best way to convince the Pakistanis about the authenticity of the tapes was to let them listen to Aziz and Musharraf talking Kargil. But who would courier the sensitive cargo?

A via-media between a diplomatic mission and purely a Track-Two option was found. R K Mishra of the Observer group, who was in Australia, was asked to return to New Delhi and assigned the job. Fearing detection, or maybe just a cumbersome baggage search at the airport, the big-wigs at North Block decided Mishra must have the cover of diplomatic immunity. MEA's Joint Secretary, Vivek Katju was asked to board the PIA flight along with Mishra and either on the night of June 3 or June 4, the duo landed in Islamabad.

The Indian Embassy worked late that night, as the Musharraf tapes were played and re-played for senior members of the mission.

Those in the know say thatMishra's appointment with Nawaz Sharif was fixed by a senior member of the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) for the breakfast hour the following morning. Mishra went alone at about 8:30 am, handed over the tape and transcript and apparently made it known that this was just a sample of the ``evidence'' of military involvement in possession of New Delhi. It is not known whether Sharif listened to his military commanders' conversations in front of the Indian emissary or did so afterwards. What is known is that a worried-looking premier said he would look into the contents and act accordingly. Mishra and Katju left for New Delhi the same evening, mission accomplished. Mishra now says he is not willing to talk about his visit to Islamabad and says if anyone is talking about his assignment, they were being ``irresponsible.''

From the Indian viewpoint, the Musharraf tapes nailed Pakistan's lie that the Kargil intrusions were a non-military affair. Two, they exposed the fact that Musharraf and his fellow commanderswere dealing with Nawaz strictly on a need-to-know basis. The Indian A team, which included former RAW Secretary, Arvind Dave, National Security Advisor Brajesh Mishra and External Affairs Minister Jaswant Singh had calculated that once brought face to face with such evidence -- and the hint of more tapes and wire-taps in India's possession -- the Kargil situation might improve.

On June 11 -- a full week after Sharif had heard the tapes and on the eve of Sartaj Aziz's India visit -- that the conversations were made public at a press conference, though everyone was left guessing on the source for the intelligence scoop.

Members of the intelligence community are still hesitant to talk about how and where the Aziz-Musharraf conversations were mapped, saying it would be unwise for India to talk about such capabilities. But the fact that this was ``our own'' handiwork (and not that of the CIA, for instance) is well known by now. Those who have heard the tapes say the conversations are more audible fromthe Aziz end, indicating that the listening posts got their break over Islamabad, not Beijing.

Others say that the manner in which Musharraf discussed operational details of the Kargil war on a public line was typical of Pakistan's new commander-in-chief. But Musharraf is optimistic: he has ordered an inquiry and has decided to turn the tables on Nawaz and make the phone-tapping incident part of the chain of conspiracy against him.

What the tapes contain

May 26

(The Army Chief is informed that India has begun strafing and bombing their positions from high altitude.)

Lt Gen Aziz to Gen Musharraf: ``The situation is that we are along our defensive Line of Control...they (India) are not agreed on the demarcation under UNs verification, whereas we are agreed. We want to exploit it."

Musharraf: Has this MI-17 not fallen in our area?

Aziz: No sir. This has fallen in their area. We have not claimed it. We have got it claimed through the Mujahideen.

Musharraf:Well done.

May 29

(The day Indian air-strikes began)

Musharraf to Aziz: ``The door of discussion, dialogue must be kept open and rest, no change in ground situation.''

Aziz: ``We told him (Nawaz Sharif) there is no reason of alarm and panic. Then he said that I came to know 7 days back, when Corps Commanders were told. The entire reason for the success of this operation was this total secrecy.''

Copyright © 1999 Indian Express Newspapers (Bombay) Ltd.

musharraf%20in%20jeopardy.jpg

Just to add something to that account. Its not that only the Indian Agencies were eavesdropping. Som others also were. After all, everybody was keen to get the drift of the happenings, INCLUDING the Northern Neighbor.

After this tap, the CIA was left wondering how India beat them to it.

About the effects of the tap and its dissemination: Miyan Nawaz knew that the heat would now turn on Pakistan. Already, India had indicated that it could take the action to higher level (refer to the DGMO level conversation in the telcon) and the use of air-power (also refer to the telcon). This was really cause for concern, most of all because of the PAF's condition at that time.
Also the fact that there was no worth-while logistical set up to sustain what was essentially a "half-baked" plan.

There has been a great deal of discusion whether Miyan Nawaz was in the know of things (at Kargil) or not. The evidence indicates that he was not, or he knew very little about it. Even the PAF and senior formation Commanders of the PA, outside the cabal of 4 who cooked up this plan did'nt know much about it. About the PN; its likely that a railway Station Master in Walton may have known about this than the PN.

All said and done, suddenly all the loop-holes in the plan suddenly became glaringly evident to the "Cabal of 4" architects of this misadventure. It did'nt reassure them to know that IAF had moved in substantial air-assets while the IN had mobilised in strength to begin to enforce a blockade. Considering the state of knowledge and planning in GoP about this operation, can anybody guess what was the level of preparedness of the Pakistani economy and reserves at that time???
More can be said, but lets leave it there.

On the Indian side, once the initial inertia was overcome; the response was substantial and mulitipronged. This response involved the use of "Environment" that the "Cabal of 4" in the poor knowledge/application of Strategy had overlooked. Maybe that was ignorance or extreme Hubris. India used military force in response but ALSO effectively used Diplomacy. One of that methods was the restriction on crossing the LOC. This while seeming to be militarily illogical was of Diplomatic utility.
Also India knew already how the fault-lines lay within the Pakistani Establishment (it knew how much/or how little the PA had told GoP about Kargil) worked on that and used it. Not to mention the use of Diplomacy in the International Arena. So much so, that China advised Pakistan to stand down. It did not want to HAVE TO commit any support to an untenable position. The rest is documented History.

But the Kargil Mis-Adventure was just another "half-baked plan" cooked up by a small Cabal of Cocky Gung-ho soldiers. Things like that can be done at Section and Company levels probably; it can't be done at Army levels. However 'brilliant' the seed of the idea may seem to be!
It just did not consider the ripple effects. No Army Commander can do that, a Captain may be able to. Most importantly, it was cloaked with so much secrecy and subterfuge--internally!!!
No Army worth its salt can wage war without sanction from its Govt. That subterfuge extended so far as to disown one's own soldiers. Can any self-respecting Army be comfortable with that. When an Army takes so much pride in its "Spirit of the Paltan" and lives by "Izzat aur Iqbal".

In the end, Kargil just got the image of a "just another palace conspiracy".

Back
Top Bottom