What's new

Comply with SC orders or face protest movement, warns Nawaz Sharif

Tameem

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
LAHORE / ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Muslim League (PML-N) chief Nawaz Sharif warned the government on following the Supreme Court’s order in the prime minister contempt of court case or face a protest movement. “The movement will start this week. It will start today.”

Speaking to the media on Monday after chairing the party’s Central Working Committee meeting in Islamabad, Sharif recalled the Judges’ Restoration movement in 2009 and called on the people to show the same zeal to restore the rule of law in the country.

“After restoring the judges, I thought that the law will prevail in the country but that did not happen. The Zardari government never accepted the law and refused to comply with the court orders,” Sharif complained.

He added that all over the world, leaders step down from their posts after being convicted but here the government ‘makes fun’ of the court orders and the leaders keep ‘sticking’ to their posts.

The party chief called on the opposition parties as well as ‘every Pakistani’ to come out on the streets to take the country forward. “I invite all the opposition parties to rise above all political differences and unite for this cause,” said Sharif adding that the party will also approach the Election Commission of Pakistan to pass a decision regarding Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani’s disqualification.

“I am very upset today, we are standing at a tragic point. We had dreamt that the country would be run in a beautiful manner… I signed the Charter of Democracy. I would have been satisfied and a happy Pakistani if the government worked according to the charter. But this government has disappointed me.

“If the government had done some good work, I would have been happy to see it in power for five more years… But we can’t hand over the government to animals.”

The decision to hold a long march to pressurise Prime Minister Gilani to step down was taken during the party’s Central Working Committee attended by senior leaders including Ahsan Iqbal and Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif.

The party’s parliamentary committee will be meeting under the chairmanship of Chaudhry Nisar shortly.

The PML-N has repeatedly called for Gilani to step down as prime minister since the Supreme Court of Pakistan convicted him in a contempt of court case after he refused to write a letter to Swiss authorities, asking that cases against President Asif Ali Zardari be reopened.

The largest opposition party – PML-N – has already announced it would continue to force the ruling PPP to nominate a new prime minister.

Gilani has repeatedly refused to step down, and has recently stated that his conviction has nothing to do with disqualification.
Comply with SC orders or face protest movement, warns Nawaz Sharif – The Express Tribune

What does Sharif mean by 'follow the order'? The judge didn't order Gilani to step down. He said it may happen, not that it should

what a farce............... He first joined them in a colaition government knowing full well they were all signatories of the NRO and what the NRO was in the first place..... They then played stupid politics with non-reconciliation with other former PML parties leading to Asif Ali Zardari getting voted in by his party. He then sat with them for three years and knowing full well of all the corruption has done nothing in the past or even now....... he has put forward another smoke screen of protest movement, why doesn't he and his party resign from the assemblies thus forcing an election....... howevr he has done F*** ALL and only now when Rehman Malik has held a press conference with documents he intends to send to the NAB about the corruption of the Sharif families, now he has come up with this comedy the next day........... where was he for four years, why did it take Rehman Malik's stance about his own corruption to push him down this route........

Dramay baazi hai, he will return half way from the long march again.

Absolutely!! He should wait and let PTI & IK too to enter in the media limelight somehow this time :lol:

He shouln’t be so cruel, have some mercy!! :rofl::rofl:

Sir....Pls...pls...plsssssss....this time advice IK to don't hide underground out of fear, Tigers will be all around him:smokin:

Ajj assembly ka ijlas hai, sab para chal jaye ga.

Imagine if the detailed order gives gilani some leeway then what will he do. A premature decision IMO but this was needed. A good and a bd step.

He also talked about partnership with pti and that should be a good thing

Absolutely!! He should wait and let PTI & IK too to enter in the media limelight somehow this time :lol:

He shouln’t be so cruel, have some mercy!! :rofl::rofl:

Sir....Pls...pls...plsssssss....this time advice IK to don't hide underground out of fear, Tigers will be all around him:smokin:

Tigers will soon be running towards Jeddah again :D

Dramay baazi hai, he will return half way from the long march again.

Its a confused press confrence by a confused politician.

Back
Top Bottom