What's new

Comparison of Asian national space programs

Also Pakistan was rumoured to be building an SLV based on Shahhen IRBM........what's the update on that??

A proper list would be-
The leaders
1. China
2. Japan
3. India
The Emerging Ones
4. Israel
5. Iran
6./7.North Korea
6./7. South Korea
The Minnows
8.Pakistan
9.Taiwan
10.Indonesia

Expect India, Iran and Pakistan to rise further as India launches humans in 2015 and Pakistan and Iran develop better SLV's
Not sure about NK or SK, though....
I would put India above Japan due to achievements of PSLV(most satellites launched simultaneously) its reliability,and relative lack of dependence on foreign agencies.

I would put India above Japan due to achievements of PSLV(most satellites launched simultaneously) its reliability,and relative lack of dependence on foreign agencies.
India will surely emerge as Japan's superior till 2015, but till then none of our achievements overshadow Japan's..........
they have send numerous probes and orbiters to moon, have developed rockets capable of sending 19000kgs to LEO(which even China hasn't managed yet) and have worked on the ISS too..........
Till recently JAXA was actually 3 different agencies, out of which only one collaborated with NASA................the agencies which worked on sattelites and the current launcher H -IIB were completely independent........
But none the less , once the ISRO orbital vehicle has ascended the sky, India will be the more capable one.......

I wonder ...why pakistan in any list....they dont have any space program of themself
Actually, they do........
If they would have been copying, we would have seen much more than some Rehbar sounding Rockets........;)

What are you smoking?

China has launched humans into space.

How can India be more advanced than China?

there are aspects in which China is ahead, and there are aspects in which India is ahead.
But overall the Indian programme is superior to chinese.

Three main contender in Asia, China, Japan, India! As a whole, China is strongest, Followed by Japan, then India! But each one have their respective advantage!
China should enhance the payload of rocket, the news engine has successed, after Wenchang space launching center, the limit to diemeter of rocket will be lifted, New CZ-5 will surpass H-2B!
Japan have electronic advantage and process technology advantage, which benefit from japanese strong electronic industry and equipment manufacturing industry!
India, I don't know much about their advantage. they develop faster, have huge plan, but be honest, I don't think they can surpass Japan and China in 10 years!
The launcher base on missile, any countries that have ability to make long range missile can be space player, Pak have the potential to be competent player!

there are aspects in which China is ahead, and there are aspects in which India is ahead.
But overall the Indian programme is superior to chinese.

Can you break down with facts? Plain talk is useless...

China has the following milesstones:
1. best successful rocket launching rate
2. 3rd country in world to have space walk
3. 3rd country in world to have space rendezvous and docking of 2 spacecraft, first country in world to do unmanned rendezvous and docking
4. second country in world to have a space-lab which will be fitted for additional miodules of a space station
5. first country in world to capture the highest resolution pix of the moon
6. first country in Asia to have a global navigation satellite system in development
7. second country in world to shoot down a decommissioned satellite in space
8. fifth country in world second in Asia to launch first satellite
9. second country in world to have successful mid range missile interception
10. list of most powerful operating rockets by country:

ranking / Country / name of vehicle / LEO payload (MT)
a. USA Delter IV-H 22.95
b. Russia Proton M 21.60
c. Europe Ariane 5ECA & ES 21.00
d. Japan H11B 19.00
e. Ukraine Zenit-2M 13.92
f. China Long March-3B 12.00

note: Asian rockets

Comparison of orbital launch systems - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Three main contender in Asia, China, Japan, India! As a whole, China is strongest, Followed by Japan, then India! But each one have their respective advantage!
China should enhance the payload of rocket, the news engine has successed, after Wenchang space launching center, the limit to diemeter of rocket will be lifted, New CZ-5 will surpass H-2B!
Japan have electronic advantage and process technology advantage, which benefit from japanese strong electronic industry and equipment manufacturing industry!
India, I don't know much about their advantage. they develop faster, have huge plan, but be honest, I don't think they can surpass Japan and China in 10 years!
The launcher base on missile, any countries that have ability to make long range missile can be space player, Pak have the potential to be competent player!

what advantage China has apart from cheap labour. !!

India also going to build much bigger rockets with much higher lifting capacity.

what advantage China has apart from cheap labour. !!

India also going to build much bigger rockets with much higher lifting capacity.

You posted before I did. But you didn't reach in deep enough. Look at facts with higher lifting capability. India is just trying to build something that both Japan and Chin has since the 90s.

Back
Top Bottom