What's new

CJ Iftikhar Chaudhary strikes back at COAS Kiyani's Threat to SC !!

Zardari and party must be having a time of their lives.. Two of Pakistani politicos chief tormenters having a go at each other :D

11-6-2012_125952_1.gif

Aek Zardari sab per bhari .. he played his cards well and see making 2 most important departments fighting and will make the nation divided,

What's Asif Sahab got to do with Chaudhary PCO stepping out of his boundaries?

Better Not, If you can't compete !!!

I don't want to get bann going off topic.. You are totally deviated from topic.. the topic is

"Pak Army Vs Pak Judiciary/democracy This include America as America influence ur entire system (Except Judiciary)", You started shouting Indian human right violation...

I told you that your army sold your ppl, You told our Army is doing bad.. Are u justifying ur army act?? Do you have any sense what u are talking??? Do you know how to discuss??

Islamabad:

Simmering tensions between Pakistan's top generals and judges bubbled into public view Monday when the powerful army chief and the country's crusading chief justice issued hard-hitting statements that suggested an unusual degree of friction between them.

First the army chief, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, published a statement that was widely interpreted as a pointed attack on the Supreme Court, which in recent weeks has been sharply critical of the military's long history of meddling in public affairs. Without directly referring to the court, Kayani said the country was passing through a "defining phase," and he issued a veiled warning of "negative consequences" if the ruling institutions failed to work in harmony.

"No individual or institution has the monopoly to decide what is right or wrong in defining the ultimate national interest," Kayani was quoted as saying in a speech to officers at the General Headquarters in Rawalpindi.

Chaudhry responded that his court's paramount authority was enshrined in the constitution. "Gone are the days when stability and security of the country was defined in terms of number of missiles and tanks as a manifestation of hard power available at the disposal of the state," he added - a pointed reference to the military, which has ruled Pakistan directly for just under half of the country's 65-year history, and indirectly much of the rest of the time.

Top Pakistani generals and judges trade barbs | NDTV.com

Wow! Since 1947, the Pak Army generals have thought that theirs is the sole prerogative for framing policy. That it seems will soon become unstuck!! It looks like the 'holy cow' image of the Army has started taking a beating after the judiciary has started showing some balls! :cheesy:

Army under Gen Kiyani has kept away from politics. Gen Kiyani also withdrew the Army men serving in the civilian institutions. Gen Kiyani declined to back Musharraf in his confrontation with the CJ and also had a hand in the re-instatement of Iftitkar Chaudhry as CJ following the long March. It is however not appropriate for head of the Armed services to issue veiled threats to the pillars of the State.

Supreme Court under a Ch. Iftikhar as CJ appears to be on an ego trip. Supreme Court is not a trial court. Job of the highest Court of the land in any country is supposed to be interpreter of the Constitutional matters or as the final Appellate Court.

Our SC under their heavenly inspired CJ, despite not being an elected body, is acting as the highest executive authority. In some cases SC dictated who should be appointed as head of which institution. SC has dictated the selling price levels of commodities such as sugar & CNG. It has disqualified a Prime Minister elected by the National Assembly.

Without prejudice to the Army or the Supreme Court, I would therefore say that the Supreme Court and Mr Iftikhar Chaudhry are exceeding their constitutional limits. Never in the history of Pakistan or any other country there have been so many Suo Motto cases as under the current CJ. This is extreme judicial activism.

While COAS taking on CJ is goes against the grain of democratic principles; since there is body which can put limits on a CJ running amok except his fellow judges; I will go with Gen Kiyani in this instance.

As a Pakistani, I stand behind the Pak Army because they have Pakistan's best interest at heart. The day the Politicians and CJ ( he is a politician too ) clean up their act then I would tell Army to take a back seat. Till that day I want Pak Army to continue to monitor these scumbags....

As a Pakistani, I stand behind the Pak Army because they have Pakistan's best interest at heart. The day the Politicians and CJ ( he is a politician too ) clean up their act then I would tell Army to take a back seat. Till that day I want Pak Army to continue to monitor these scumbags....

Army is not to monitor Scumbags, Judiciary should...

What are the odds of a military takeover in Pakistan in say next 6 months ?

I cannot argue when you are trying to be lame here..

Neither can I, when you misquote events and try to blow them out of proportion, there's a thin line between criticism and plain bashing. What you do is the latter, someday you will realize that there are other ways to like Imran Khan rather than just hate on the Army and Agencies and pretty much everything else...........The only thing transparent by a typical PTIer's logic is Shaukat Khanum and the Pakistan's Cricket Team during Imran's captaincy.

Wait let me chk ur post count....

hmm less than 2000...

I wont reply..

That's no criteria for quality posting, you have 3562 posts and I cannot remember any of them being insightful or informative.

Very low.

The Army knows that it is advantageous to lay low for a period of time while retaining its hold.

None.

1) CoAS feels that the Army has no role in politics.

2) If there's a takeover now, people will say that the Army blocked Imran Khan's rise to power so that he can't tackle the status quo, establish a welfare state, change the system, eliminate terrorism, remove American influence, free the unicorns, make peace with Asgard and have a burger along the way.

3) After the elections, when Imran fails to secure a majority in parliament and a new coalition govt is formed, a coup will lead to the new govt complaining that they weren't given a chance to exercise their policies.

So no coup for the next 3 years or so..............and hopefully not after either.

None.

1) CoAS feels that the Army has no role in politics.

2) If there's a takeover now, people will say that the Army blocked Imran Khan's rise to power so that he can't tackle the status quo, establish a welfare state, change the system, eliminate terrorism, remove American influence, free the unicorns, make peace with Asgard and have a burger along the way.

3) After the elections, when Imran fails to secure a majority in parliament and a new coalition govt is formed, a coup will lead to the new govt complaining that they were'nt given a chance to exercise their policies.

So no coup for the next 3 years or so..............and hopefully not after either.

The risk is very low, but not zero.

#1 is patently false. Like it or not, Army has had, has, and will continue to have a huge influence on politics. Any statement to the contrary is mere pretense.

Back
Top Bottom