What's new

City in China learn from new delhi to build its BRT!!

Götterdämmerung;3919761 said:
Kunming Airport

Kunming (10 mil) vs Bangalore(8 mil)

38517232184775792012095.jpg

how it will be

bangalore_airport_h210910_2.jpg

how it was

Bangalore-International-Airport.jpg

it's true a chinese third tier city is better than new delhi.
everything is in bad condition in delhi now a days.it is not the place it used to be.

Is Banglore a third tier city in India? I thought it is 1st tier.

In India tier system is used by population by which Bangalore is a Tier 1 city but it's population is less than that of Kunming. This is because china is more urbanized than India. BUT Bangalore handles only 12 mil passengers compared to Kunming's 22 mil. I just got to know that Kunming Airport is the second largest building in China after Beijing's T3, why such a big airport for a Tier 3 city? the only building comparable to 548,000m2 Kunming Airport is Delhi Airport T3 which is 540,000m2.

OLD PIC
3948704729e09f2a5dcfo.jpg

pls elaborate

yaar pehle delhi ka crime rate baht kam tha.rape to door ke baat hai kisi ke pocket bhe nai kat ti the.
log bahot helpful the abhe to kisi kay ghar mien koi expire ho jaye to koi console bhe nai karta aur ek time tha jab pura gali uth kar aa jaati the.
80's aur 90' aur even 2000 tak to sab theek tha but abhe yahan ka aadmi badal gaya hai :cry:

In India tier system is used by population by which Bangalore is a Tier 1 city but it's population is less than that of Kunming. This is because china is more urbanized than India. BUT Bangalore handles only 12 mil passengers compared to Kunming's 22 mil. I just got to know that Kunming Airport is the second largest building in China after Beijing's T3, why such a big airport for a Tier 3 city? the only building comparable to 548,000m2 Kunming Airport is Delhi Airport T3 which is 540,000m2.

OLD PIC

You already are giving the answer to the question why Chinese third tier cities are in many cases more developed than even Indian first tier cities. China is more urbanised and the standard of living is much higher as well. Since Chinese have a higher income, more of them can have the "luxury" to take the plane, buy a car, take a ride in the high-speed trains and thus sustain the modern infrastructure. It's all inter-related. Just take a look at the total air passenger of China and compare them to Indian total air passenger numbers, you would easily understand why even Chinese third tier cities may handle more passengers than even Mumbai and Delhi. The Chinese middle class is just vastly bigger and wealthier than Indian middle class.

OLD PIC

I'v been Bangalore several times almost every year, I know that airport as well as some beautiful building/street/hardwares, but the maintainance of them are not done well.

I do not know what tier is Kunming I always think it is 3d tier because its location. Yunnan province where Kunming locates in, is not a developed province in china compared to others. Maybe 2nd tier, but definitely not 1st tier.

correction:
1. kunming doesn't have 10 million people, it is about 7.3 million,of which 3.6 million are living in downtown, others are living in counties under its jurisdiction. so the right number is 3.6 million.
2. it is a new airport and has only one terminal building, many of our airports have two or more.and some our cities have two civil airports,such as beijing , shanghai ...though its passenger flow is only 24 million in 2012, it would be doubled in several years.
3.if you take a look at our airport list , you would find some southwest cities have more passengers than other cities of the similar population or GDP,that's because these cities are surrounded by mountains.Road and rail traffic connecting the outside places is not good there.(that's why in 2008 earthquake the first team arrived at earthquake center were airborne troop )

yaar pehle delhi ka crime rate baht kam tha.rape to door ke baat hai kisi ke pocket bhe nai kat ti the.
log bahot helpful the abhe to kisi kay ghar mien koi expire ho jaye to koi console bhe nai karta aur ek time tha jab pura gali uth kar aa jaati the.
80's aur 90' aur even 2000 tak to sab theek tha but abhe yahan ka aadmi badal gaya hai :cry:

crime is not new to delhi it is just that now people are fed up and are asking for change.

crime is not new to delhi it is just that now people are fed up and are asking for change.
iam living in delhi from last 21 years.actually i was born in delhi :D.

crime was not present at all at the time i was young.
i remember how ladies used to roam freely wearing tons of gold on their body.

Some more cool pics of Chinese infrastructure in lesser known cities:

Qingdao Railway Station (modernise and expanded)
7169fa7371e2faa2093b67dxz6.jpg

cbe5d25e3c8b38d4160851elv8.jpg

Nanjing South Station
LfNL7.jpg

Xi'an North Station
05004459.002F

Img302057426.jpg

Suzhou Station
0521A109.002F

Chengdu Station
2011516172637939.jpg

iam living in delhi from last 21 years.actually i was born in delhi :D.

crime was not present at all at the time i was young.
i remember how ladies used to roam freely wearing tons of gold on their body.

this generation is restless , they want wealth because belief in reincarnation , karma and dharma is fading. they mistake this life to be the ultimate truth and moral values for which India was known for don't stand anymore.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom