What's new

Chuck Hagel nomination and changing Israeli-US relations.....

Pksecurity

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Criticizing Israel is no less than an act of blasphemy and criticism by someone from the US can dash all his hopes to be someone important in the administration. Sen. Chuck Hegel from Nebraska and a decorated Vietnam veteran, recently nominated to take the reins of US war machine as Secretary Defense is expected to face tough resistance from pro-Israeli lobby in the Senate. His acts of commission include the unforgivable stand against Israel. His appointment is subject to confirmation by the Senate where Republicans are keenly awaiting to quiz him on Israel and his other controversial views resented by Israel. They openly describe him to be the most antagonistic secretary of defence towards the state of Israel in our nation's history. Does his nomination for the coveted slot give any indication of US ignoring the concerns of its ally, Israel? Can he survive the onslaught and be confirmed by pro-Israeli lobby in the Senate? Read more at:

The Passive Voices: Can Chuck Hagel survive the onslaught of pro-Israeli lobby?

Few people in this forum care, how important it is.

Load of Crap.

As if US is controlled by Israel or their lobby.

lobbies seen as "pro-israel" do definitely hold a lot of sway and leverage; money talks

the jewish and pro-jewish lobby are educated, united and extremely pro-active and well organized; actually we could learn a thing or two or seven from them

lobbies seen as "pro-israel" do definitely hold a lot of sway and leverage; money talks

the jewish and pro-jewish lobby are educated, united and extremely pro-active and well organized; actually we could learn a thing or two or seven from them

Difference between having a say and control. Lobbying is legal, so i dont see whats the problem here.

Everybody looks after their interests, those who don't don't deserve to exist anyways, its a wild world out there.

Difference between having a say and control. Lobbying is legal, so i dont see whats the problem here.

Everybody looks after their interests, those who don't don't deserve to exist anyways, its a wild world out there.

depends who does the lobbying and what is most politically convenient at the time

depends who does the lobbying and what is most politically convenient at the time

Lobbying can be done by anyone since its legal, not sure what part of that you can't grasp.

And lobbying is done for political convenience, thats the whole point of it, not sure what you can't understand but it doesnt make any sense.

He is against sanction on Iran and he doesn't like Israel that much! Whatta? Americans are keeping their people poor and fighting a war against muslims unnecessarily just for Israel. Dear Hagel, you don't fit in american administration.....

Lobbying can be done by anyone since its legal, not sure what part of that you can't grasp.

And lobbying is done for political convenience, thats the whole point of it, not sure what you can't understand but it doesnt make any sense.

I dont need some indian sitting in US to tell me what I can and cant understand capiche. I'm the one who stated what you are regurgitating and now you're saying I'm having trouble understanding things? Ajeeb baat...

I also don't need you to explain what lobbying is or what it entails. But since you do discuss legalities, you may recall a Kashmiri lobby group was closed down b/c of alleged ties to Pakistani intelligence (a lobby group which wasnt even towing Pakistan's stance on occupied Kashmir) when in fact foreign governments always fund and dole our largess to lobby groups in developed countries

Load of Crap.

As if US is controlled by Israel or their lobby.

Honestly, it is controlled by them. Talking against Israel or Holocaust is a blasphemy. But talking against everyone else or their faith or their nationality is freedom of speech.

I dont need some indian sitting in US to tell me what I can and cant understand capiche. I'm the one who stated what you are regurgitating and now you're saying I'm having trouble understanding things? Ajeeb baat...

I also don't need you to explain what lobbying is or what it entails. But since you do discuss legalities, you may recall a Kashmiri lobby group was closed down b/c of alleged ties to Pakistani intelligence (a lobby group which wasnt even towing Pakistan's stance on occupied Kashmir) when in fact foreign governments always fund and dole our largess to lobby groups in developed countries

Again glaring lack of understanding but anyways, that group was closed down as it broke the law by not declaring its affiliation from what I gather. Maybe you would like to read more and post less to avoid being told.

As being an Indian, shitty luck you aren't one :)

Honestly, it is controlled by them. Talking against Israel or Holocaust is a blasphemy. But talking against everyone else or their faith or their nationality is freedom of speech.

Not in USA, plenty people and historians have denied it. You can too if you want.

Mate, why do you engage lower lifeforms? :blink:

If he thinks he knows better, let him be.

US will do what suits its intrest best. The economic recovery of US largely depends on keep the oil rich Arab happy so such cosmetic measures will only increase over time. The real mutual dependency of US and Israel will be very difficult to break in reality.

Back
Top Bottom