What's new

Chinese UAV News & Discussions (Strictly)

I hope they air transport the Mongolian sheep gifts as well.
I think the sheep gift comes in quantity of hundreds of sheep or so... which the journey of the flock creates its own sensation, and I will say a rather spectacular view. Once the livestock is being transported by air, it loses much its thrilling effects.

Btw, does any one have any idea whether such sheep gift event is being held annually / biennially or else? I watched a footage of that quite some time ago.

A good read of the past article about the Feihong-98 (FH-98), at the moment the world's largest unmanned transport aircraft, as well as the Shifei Y5B, the venerable native aircraft from which the commercial cargo drone has its adaptation.

China’s self-developed commercial drone Feihong-98 completes test flight

Last edited:
It seems that the updated version of CH-5 UAV now has a range over 10,000 km and can stay in the air for more than 120 hours without refueling, and carrying payload of 1,400 kg (Assume maximum range and maximum payload cannot co-exist).

It seems that the updated version of CH-5 UAV now has a range over 10,000 km and can stay in the air for more than 120 hours without refueling, and carrying payload of 1,400 kg (Assume maximum range and maximum payload cannot co-exist).

120 hours sounds really excessive. Do we have a second source (preferably from the manufacturer) on this? The title claims that DJI developed the drone, which is completely bogus and makes me question its authenticity.

hours sounds really excessive. Do we have a second source (preferably from the manufacturer) on this? The title claims that DJI developed the drone, which is completely bogus and makes me question its authenticity.
Its not saying that CH-5 is developed by DJI. The article is reporting about two drones, CH-5 and a commercial DJI drone.

Last edited:
They are fitting a new aviation heavy oil engine with 600KW power, replacing the original 110KW engine. (Aviation heavy oil is different from marine heavy oil. ). Heavy oil engine is a new development in China, and it's use on CH-5 is a first on Chinese UAV.

I believe the 10,000KM range and 120 hours duration is a speculated figure, unfortunate the Zhuhai airshow is postponed otherwise we might get the official figures.

The article has 2 parts. Part (1) is on CH-5 changing to new heavy oil engine. Part (2) mentions DJI drones achievement on search and rescue. Part (1) is not related to part (2).

微信图片_20201211173101.jpg
微信图片_20201211173105.jpg
微信图片_20201211173108.jpg
微信图片_20201211173112.jpg

Via @通航圈 from Weixin

CCTV news show some of the unmanned combat vehicles from PLA army, equipped with heavy machine guns, anti-tank missiles and/or scout equipments, and has a top speed of 120 km/hour.

View attachment 696510
View attachment 696511
View attachment 696512
View attachment 696513
View attachment 696514
解放军新型无人战车亮相 配备多种武器 可替代作战人员执行任务

The new type of unmanned combat vehicle of the PLA Army shows up, equipped with a variety of weapons, which can take the place of combat personnel to carry out tasks

Wow ... for the first time a quite clear image of an operational WZ-7 Soaring Dragon II in PLAAF grey with serial numbers - albeit partially psed - was posted.

(Image via @iiiii23 from Weibo via Huitong's CMA-Blog)

WZ-7 Soaring Dragon II in grey + number - 202012145 part XL.JPG
WZ-7 Soaring Dragon II in grey + number - 202012145.jpg

Back
Top Bottom