What's new

Chinese student killed in bombings had followed her passion to Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waisee I was thinking why don't I try my hand at Journalism ! :undecided:

Maybe make a career out of it ! :unsure:

Kiyun bei bol @Dillinger ? I can be a pathological liar when need be & I do like to write. :agree:

Good idea..you can write about us evil Indians..I want to be portrayed as a morally reluctant albeit dutiful executioner of my state's immoral policies. :devil:

Jokes apart, why not..you should try but...you want to be a journalist or more like a blog/opinion fellow on some news paper?

Last edited by a moderator:
@gambit at least you admit
Admit what? This conflict is between the US and Afghanistan. Is it between Pakistan as well?

I will present the necessary Geneva Conventions document...

The Avalon Project - Laws of War : Rights and Duties of Neutral Powers and Persons in Case of War on Land (Hague V); October 18, 1907
Article 1.
The territory of neutral Powers is inviolable.
Yes, we admit this...

Art. 2.
Belligerents are forbidden to move troops or convoys of either munitions of war or supplies across the territory of a neutral Power.

Art. 3.
Belligerents are likewise forbidden to:

(a) Erect on the territory of a neutral Power a wireless telegraphy station or other apparatus for the purpose of communicating with belligerent forces on land or sea;

(b) Use any installation of this kind established by them before the war on the territory of a neutral Power for purely military purposes, and which has not been opened for the service of public messages.

Art. 4.
Corps of combatants cannot be formed nor recruiting agencies opened on the territory of a neutral Power to assist the belligerents.

Art. 5.
A neutral Power must not allow any of the acts referred to in Articles 2 to 4 to occur on its territory.

It is not called upon to punish acts in violation of its neutrality unless the said acts have been committed on its own territory.
But will you admit Articles 2 thru 5 are being committed on Pakistani soil?

This is assuming that Pakistan is insisting on being a neutral state in this conflict.

If Pakistan is either incompetent or indifferent to Articles 2 thru 5, then we have no reasons to respect Article 1 because thru either incompetency or antipathy Pakistan effective took a side -- Afghanistan.

And is this supposed to be a credible moral condemnation against me? News for you, buddy, look at the mess that is the ME where Muslims freely killed other Muslims before you can even try.

Good,to know that you too believe in morality.
Good to know that you yourself,so happily drew a comparision between your morality and that of, Al-Qaida,Jindullah,Mehdi Army,FSA and Hizbullah.

@Aeronaut can we close the thread...it has nothing to do with the Chinese student no longer...

First off, my deepest condolences to the families & countrymen of all the innocent civilians that were massacred by these vermin !

Secondly, whereas I wouldn't for a second condone Muslim Extremism in the least bit, I've lost some people I knew closely to it here in Pakistan ! And so I can understand that pain, the anger & the residual hate that it develops on those of us who are left on a very personal level. But I'd still like to put a few things in perspective :

piechart2.jpg

[/MENTION]

You probably didn't visited the FBI site. I haven't gone through entire period from 80's, but just 02'-05'. And that too not complete. But let me quote that:

In keeping with a longstanding trend, domestic extremists carried out the majority of terrorist incidents during this period. Twenty three of the 24 recorded terrorist incidents were perpetrated by domestic terrorists. With the exception of a white supremacist’s firebombing of a synagogue in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, all of the domestic terrorist incidents were committed by special interest extremists active in the animal rights and environmental movements. The acts committed by these extremists typically targeted materials and facilities rather than persons. The sole international terrorist incident in the United States recorded for this period involved an attack at the El Al ticket counter at Los Angeles International Airport, which claimed the lives of two victims.

If a Christian or Jewish or Muslim or Annunaki kills someone in the name of animal rights, no one would care to think of his religion.
For Jewish, most attacks were carried out by Jewish Defense League, and they were not targeted against US citizens (you might call it an excuse). In two decades when they were active, guess how many people they killed? 7. And they are mostly gone now. How may US citizens perpetrators from Muslim demographic killed in terrorist incidences in past 15 years?

If you still insist that they (Muslims) had low numbers, I would say they went for quality over quantity. Look at the results they achieved with such a small share of total stats. Media and people are overwhelmed by their efficiency, hence such coverage!

Good,to know that you too believe in morality.
Good to know that you yourself,so happily drew a comparision between your morality and that of, Al-Qaida,Jindullah,Mehdi Army,FSA and Hizbullah.
:lol: Right...So now South Vietnam is equated to transnational terror orgs?

I am here as an American. Where I came from is irrelevant the day I took my oath of citizenship. Only closet racists would make a big deal out of my origin in trying to score debating points when he has nothing to contribute. What you said about me was a cheap shot but hey...I came to expect such from Chinese and Pakistanis anyway.

You probably didn't visited the FBI site. I haven't gone through entire period from 80's, but just 02'-05'. And that too not complete. But let me quote that:

If a Christian or Jewish or Muslim or Annunaki kills someone in the name of animal rights, no one would care to think of his religion.
For Jewish, most attacks were carried out by Jewish Defense League, and they were not targeted against US citizens (you might call it an excuse). In two decades when they were active, guess how many people they killed? 7. And they are mostly gone now. How may US citizens perpetrators from Muslim demographic killed in terrorist incidences in past 15 years?

If you still insist that they (Muslims) had low numbers, I would say they went for quality over quantity. Look at the results they achieved with such a small share of total stats. Media and people are overwhelmed by their efficiency, hence such coverage!

In the Pie-Chart below the one you quoted elucidates the break-up of what those terrorist attacks have been.

Furthermore if one were to read a RAND Report quoted here : RAND report: Threat of homegrown jihadism heavily exaggerated, Zero U.S. civilians killed since 9/11 | loonwatch.com

Not a single American Citizen has been killed here since 9'11 till '09 - I personally don't know of any since '09 !

Furthermore between '90 & '05, excluding the casualties on 9'11, only 9 people were killed by Muslim Terrorists.

The same reports goes on to say & I quote : There are more than 3 million Muslims in the United States, and few more than 100 have joined jihad—about one out of every 30,000—suggesting an American Muslim population that remains hostile to jihadist ideology and its exhortations to violence. A mistrust of American Muslims by other Americans seems misplaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom