What's new

Chinese missile could shift Pacific power balance

Never had any. So how does Viet Nam applied to this discussion? Problem with reading comprehension?

Am not a commie so the laugh is on YOU, commie. :lol:

Am already a US citizen. Would you like to join US? You will have to leave 'Chinese physics' behind, though.

Calm down, why feel so ashame for being a viet-commie? ain't Vietnam a communist country?
Actually i learn that from you, according to your logic all people from China are communist cos its a communist country, so going by this logic as Vietnam is more communist than China, so assuming you are a viet-commie is perfectly correct.:azn:
I doubt you are a US citizen as long as John mccain is still alive, dream on cos its free.:hang2:

Looking at IR contrasts will not give you the location of the ballistic missile. The early warning satellites just tell you that there is a ballistic missile in the atmosphere, however it DOES NOT provide the information needed to SHOOT IT DOWN.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What 'location' are you talking about? The launch location? Why should we worry its launch location? It is the missile itself that concerns us. And this is a gem: DOES NOT provide the information needed to SHOOT IT DOWN. :lol: Because in order for that comment to be valid, you have the define that 'information' in the first place. Epic fail, pal. If we know the spatial location of the IR source, we can calculate its suborbital path and remain focused on the predicted path. That is the information we need.

More 'Chinese physics' going...

My point is that the patriot system cannot get the information it needs UNTIL the ballistic missile has ended reentered the atmosphere and is close enough to the ship. Only then can the ship gather the information needed for interception, which at the point it is already too late to intercept since the ballistic missile is going to hit home in 2-3 seconds
And you do not know what you are talking about. Radar detection works at the speed of light, unlike 'Chinese physics' that formed the basis for your arguments. The problem and burden with interception has always rests on the interceptor vehicle, not with detection and tracking. May be the PLA is still using the abacus for its calculations but we use something else much faster.

Calm down, why feel so ashame for being a viet-commie? ain't Vietnam a communist country?
Actually i learn that from you, according to your logic all people from China are communist cos its a communist country, so going by this logic as Vietnam is more communist than China, so assuming you are a viet-commie is perfectly correct.:azn:
I doubt you are a US citizen as long as John mccain is still alive, dream on cos its free.:hang2:

doesn't matter if he's a US citizen, US grants citizenship to anyone that pays 500000 USD. citizenship of places like germany, china and russia are literally priceless in that they can never be bought.

i wonder how much money his upper class parents from the South Vietnam ruling class spent to first bribe their way into a US ship and then to buy an American citizenship? All money stolen from Vietnam.

That is not the point, the USA has only tested the patriot on SCUDS that don't implement deceptive maneuvers when even countries like North korea use deceptive maneuvers in their missiles.
What are those 'deceptive maneuvers'?

doesn't matter if he's a US citizen, US grants citizenship to anyone that pays 500000 USD. citizenship of places like germany, china and russia are literally priceless in that they can never be bought.

i wonder how much money his upper class parents from the South Vietnam ruling class spent to first bribe their way into a US ship and then to buy an American citizenship? All money stolen from Vietnam.
None at all. Once they found out I do not subscribe to 'Chinese physics' they let me through toot-sweet.

None of the major superpowers have faced each others' A-grade equipment in actual combat, so it's hard to predict results.

Only the US has had actual combat-testing of their weapons, but it was against B-grade, outdated equipment operated by an ill trained enemy.

I would say that, in this situation of uncertainty, the advantage goes to the attacker since he can launch multiple missiles and only a few have to hit their mark. The defender has a much smaller window of tolerance for failure.

None of the major superpowers have faced each others' A-grade equipment in actual combat, so it's hard to predict results.

Only the US has had actual combat-testing of their weapons, but it was against B-grade, outdated equipment operated by an ill trained enemy.

I would say that, in this situation of uncertainty, the advantage goes to the attacker since he can launch multiple missiles and only a few have to hit their mark. The defender has a much smaller window of tolerance for failure.
The problem for the attacker here is a moving target. Do any hunting? So far we have seen NOTHING to indicate how is the DF-21 able to track and focus on a moving target.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What 'location' are you talking about? The launch location? Why should we worry its launch location? It is the missile itself that concerns us. And this is a gem: DOES NOT provide the information needed to SHOOT IT DOWN. :lol: Because in order for that comment to be valid, you have the define that 'information' in the first place. Epic fail, pal. If we know the spatial location of the IR source, we can calculate its suborbital path and remain focused on the predicted path. That is the information we need.

No you cannot IR radiation is determined by heat, so unless you KNOW the IR radiation given off by the missile beforehand you cannot determine location.

If my sensor detects X amount of IR radiation coming form the missile it could mean either of two things the missile is close to me or the missile is farther away but it is cooler.

And you do not know what you are talking about. Radar detection works at the speed of light, unlike 'Chinese physics' that formed the basis for your arguments. The problem and burden with interception has always rests on the interceptor vehicle, not with detection and tracking. May be the PLA is still using the abacus for its calculations but we use something else much faster.

detection and tracking is done by using the doppler effect and by recording the drop in strength of the radar wave. Henceforth a radar cannot detect beyond a certain range because the returning radiation will be too weak.

The patriot can only begin tracking the ballistic missile after it has entered into the range of the radar.

There were some ways other than money for bribe into a refugee ship if you know what I mean....
:whistle::whistle::whistle:

The problem for the attacker here is a moving target. Do any hunting? So far we have seen NOTHING to indicate how is the DF-21 able to track and focus on a moving target.

How does SS-N-12, SS-N-19 track a moving target? How does any ASM track any moving targets?

What are those 'deceptive maneuvers'?

Any ballistic missile that does not dead drop its payload will be a deceptive maneuver.

There are many ways this can be done, but one simple way would be to insert random number generator with a controlled range into a gyroscope controller and then fixing the trajectory so that it hits the target.

If you do not understand gyroscopes this video shows what they do

The same device is present in missiles and by making controller adjustments you can change the balance of the missile

Last edited by a moderator:
No you cannot IR radiation is determined by heat, so unless you KNOW the IR radiation given off by the missile beforehand you cannot determine location.

If my sensor detects X amount of IR radiation coming form the missile it could mean either of two things the missile is close to me or the missile is farther away but it is cooler.
You have no idea how embarrassing this is for you.

detection and tracking is done by using the doppler effect and by recording the drop in strength of the radar wave. Henceforth a radar cannot detect beyond a certain range because the returning radiation will be too weak.

The patriot can only begin tracking the ballistic missile after it has entered into the range of the radar.
The interceptor and the platform launch radar form a bi-static configuration. The platform radar has superior effective radar power and therefore will produce target resolutions for the interceptor. If you do not understand this 'bi-static' configuration then you are out of your league here.

Any ballistic missile that does not dead drop its payload will be a deceptive maneuver.

There are many ways this can be done, but one simple way would be to insert random number generator with a controlled range into a gyroscope controller and then fixing the trajectory so that it hits the target.
I want to see the source for that copy/paste job.

If you do not understand gyroscopes this video shows what they do
I probably understand it better than you do.

The same device is present in missiles and by making controller adjustments you can change the balance of the missile
Source?

Or if you are a qualify "Traitor" according to US standard.:argh:

Or if you are a qualify "Traitor" according to US standard.:argh:
Yeaaahhh, buddy. I work with many engineers from mainland China and Taiwan who bought houses here and are patiently waiting for their chance at US citizenship. Traitors indeed...:lol:

Back
Top Bottom