What's new

Chinese military team visiting India to boost ties

Again Its between India and China no need to get heartburn. Still getting heartburn then kindly publish your countries figures for trade with China.

You keep hoping that!

China knows exactly what game is being playing between India and the West. ;)

Pakistan will teach India foreign relations. :lol:

My view on How China Views India is from the CCP itself.
Although A great number of Chinese citizens are in favor Of a war with India.

The CCP it self is very cordial with India, does not share that Interest.

Last edited:
Brig...is it really that $100bn are peanuts....seems a lot of confidence.......:woot:

both countries are trillion dollar economy....a good start....:)

Last edited:
100b is peanuts for a 4-5 trillion dollar economy and certainly not a factor where national security interests are involved.

What are you talking about developereo?? When it comes to National Interests nothing is important...

However the point that you have missed is the fact the percentage of trade increasing between India and China....If the news is considered true than in 3 years we will increase our trade by almost 100%($53 Billion as of now)...Now is the trend any indicator to you??? To me it say's both countries are not just doing talk the talk but walk the walk as well when it comes to long term stand of resolving border dispute amicably and not letting border irritants in between the larger goal of economic prosperity for masses....

@ Gogbot

But hey, i am trying to be positive, and hoping The General was sent to India to assure it that The PLA are not interested in stirring trouble.
Talk about more cooperation. Try to avoid each others Patrols along the disputed LAC.
Talk about a few Military exercises, and so on.

I certainly hope so... Thanks for sharing your thoughts....

@ gogbot

One more question for you buddy

I kind of doubt that...I was under the impression that most of the Indians and Chinese don't care about each other... As far as Chinese citizens and CCP is concerned i am of the opinion that media is very much controlled by authoritarian regime and usually public mood is in synch with govt. policies....

I might have missed some news so would appreciate if you can enlighten me more on this..

Regards
Rajwinder Singh

P.S: I know it is off topic so even a news link will do...

India and China: ties bloom despite border differences

Economic, social and cultural ties between the two Asian giants are blooming again, quietly overriding the contentious political and border issues as India and China seek out their rightful roles in a changing global order. Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s recent official visit to Beijing — his first — turned the spotlight away from differences to areas of cooperation as the two nations that are home to one in three people in the world agreed to ink 11 agreements. The economic pacts would boost trade to $60 billion by 2008 from the current level of almost $40 billion.

Trade is itself the barometer of the transformation of relations between the two galloping economies: The present mark of almost $40 billion was originally set for 2010. No wonder a confident Manmohan Singh told the China-India Business Summit that both the countries needed to have a strategic plan because they “stand poised to regain their weight in the global economy”.

Perhaps more significant for India-China watchers are the elements of the pacts to deepen defence cooperation between the two countries whose armies had stood eyeball-to-eyeball in the Himalayas not too long ago. They held their first joint training exercise in China’s Kunming city last December. Another exercise is due in India this year.

And, in a diplomatic breakthrough, China has said that it “understands and supports” India’s desire to play a greater role in the United Nations, including in the all-important Security Council.

The warm embrace of the two rising powers may have generated some apprehensions in Washington, but India and China have declared that their friendship would have a positive influence on the future of the international system and is not targeted at any country

Read more: India and China: ties bloom despite border differences

Rather than a power play, their growing ties have a key role in their race to develop their countries and improve the lives of their citizens.

Diplomats in New Delhi and Beijing noted that the people as well as trade and industry in both the countries are keen on close relations and - as in the case of India and Pakistan - are driving the momentum in bilateral ties. “It is only increased interaction that will enhance understanding and mutual respect necessary to negotiate the differences,” a senior Asian diplomat in Beijing said, emphasising the importance of the Sino-Indian bonhomie.

The two countries have complementary strengths. India has much to offer in computer software and information technology, outsourced back office work, education, management, pharmaceuticals, the services sector and certain areas of high technology.

The Chinese are strong in the computer hardware, manufacturing, engineering, machinery, infrastructure, telecom and power sectors.

But India-China relations are not just confined to business, diplomacy and military.

Manmohan Singh’s three-day trip mid-January to China brought to the fore hidden facets of a growing relationship whose depth and warmth are rarely known to most outsiders. It was not just Chinese media coverage of Manmohan Singh’s stay that was surprising; revealing was the positive and eager reaction to India of the English-knowing people on the street who were eager to strike up conversations with visiting Indians at the slightest opportunity.

And there is yet another stimulant for these ties. The growing presence of the Indian community in China - and of the Chinese in India - means more and more Indians and Chinese are coming to know each other first hand, the language barriers notwithstanding. Tourist traffic between the two countries is rising rapidly.

Among the thousands of Indians in China are more than 6,000 students attracted to the Middle Kingdom for its easy admission systems, affordable fees as well as high standards of facilities at its universities. The dominant choice of Indians is medicine. The desire to learn Chinese in China is also a major draw.

According to Ravi Ranjan, who teaches Indian literature and culture and Hindi at Peking University, Chinese institutions are good in science and technology too. Indian students are full of praise for China - although many say they are missing their favourite food back home!

But eating Indian food is no more a problem in China. There are, surprisingly, more than 100 restaurants across the country serving Indian cuisine. Most of the Chinese clientele are in the 20s and 30s although most users are Indians or Western expatriates. Beijing has nearly 20 restaurants with Indian cuisine on their menus, double of what it was 10 years ago.

Yoga too is becoming popular in China. There are about 400 yoga teachers from India who have made China their home - and are making a mark. “The Chinese are crazy about yoga,” says Kapil Gautam, a 27-year-old yoga teacher from New Delhi who lives in Shenyang town, about 700 km northeast of Beijing where temperatures dip in winter to a bone-chilling -37 (minus 37)degrees.

“China is a very nice country to live in,” explains Meena Banot, 36, the China representative of Shalina Group, a conglomerate with diversified interests in construction, mining and pharmaceuticals. “Once you start understanding and speaking basic Chinese, there is no problem. The people are very kind and helpful by nature.”

So are Indians falling in love with China? Yes! And it seems that Indians and Chinese are also falling in love with one another - after decades of distrust and distance!

There are growing numbers of marriages, mainly between Indian men and Chinese women. It is a trend that has dramatically picked up in the past decade. A teacher from India with a Chinese girlfriend who may end up marrying her explained the phenomenon in one sentence: “Chinese women are truly beautiful and make great wives!”

Again Its between India and China no need to get heartburn. Still getting heartburn then kindly publish your countries figures for trade with China.

Since no-one responded to that and with intentions of getting a complete picture i did some research...Though was little difficult for me to find out here is a link which will give some idea of trade between Pakistan and China

An expert from the article...

As a result of the concerted efforts and determination to enhance economic cooperation, when President Musharraf visited Beijing in February 2006, the trade between the two countries had been registering a constant growth; from US$ 1.4 billion in 2001, to US$ 3 billion in 2004, US$ 4.25 in 2005, and the estimated trade volume in 2006 is at US$ 5 billion.6

Article

P.S : No way we can compare relations between India and China vs China and Pak because one is all-weather friend(in other words strategic) and now taking that relations for economic benefits(though always were but a real boost after free trade pact during Musharraf time) whereas India-China relations stem from mutual economic benefits which will lead them to engagements of such a big level which cannot be simply ignored....

Also please $100 billion is not a pea-nut by any means....but when it comes to National interests everything is a pea-nut...Having said it one would be lunatic to loose trade relations for petty things which in fact will hurt national interests...

Interesting!
I did not know that. Do you have a link?

The CCP it self is very cordial with India, does not share that Interest.

The CCP is the guardian of China's national interests, which will collide with India, given the geography of the region. No doubt about it.

trade between Pakistan and China

I ignored the request because it is irrelevant to the subject of the thread.

P.S : No way we can compare relations between India and China vs China and Pak because one is all-weather friend(in other words strategic) and now taking that relations for economic benefits(though always were but a real boost after free trade pact during Musharraf time) whereas India-China relations stem from mutual economic benefits which will lead them to engagements of such a big level which cannot be simply ignored....

All countries gain by mutual economic activity, but that doesn't mean you forget your national interests. Especially considering that India/China do not live in an isolated bubble. The big gorilla on the block is the West, and it has a very important role to play in the India/China relationship.

Also please $100 billion is not a pea-nut by any means....but when it comes to National interests everything is a pea-nut...Having said it one would be lunatic to loose trade relations for petty things which in fact will hurt national interests...

What seems petty today may become the centerpiece of an election campaign tomorrow. Especially if attention needs to be diverted from uncomfortable domestic issues. You cannot predict the future but one thing we know for sure is that physical resources are limited and contention for them will create conflict.

100b is peanuts for a 4-5 trillion dollar economy and certainly not a factor where national security interests are involved.

It's always interesting to figure out what the Chinese are up to...

What are you talking about developereo?? When it comes to National Interests nothing is important...

However the point that you have missed is the fact the percentage of trade increasing between India and China....If the news is considered true than in 3 years we will increase our trade by almost 100%($53 Billion as of now)...Now is the trend any indicator to you??? To me it say's both countries are not just doing talk the talk but walk the walk as well when it comes to long term stand of resolving border dispute amicably and not letting border irritants in between the larger goal of economic prosperity for masses....

It is good that the trade between the two countries is increasing...:tup:

but there should always be a balance of power b/w India and China...not only India but China should also think that it is better to engage with India than to confront with it ..... and there are two ways to achieve this:

trade and military strength... out of these two second is still more important..... so India should take care of both to handle China effectively.... it is essential that China should always know that in case of conflict it stands to loose as much as India or more than India... and this is where the role of indian armed forces comes into the picture.... so India should not compromise on its military strength on the belief that trade alone can keep chinese away from thinking of war......Trade n good relations are goood but anything should not be taken for granted ever.... its good to be prepared for all eventualities....thats the best thing to do....

i hope India and China grow and prosper...:cheers:

Last edited:
I am just replying to my part..Gogbot will take care of his comments...

I ignored the request because it is irrelevant to the subject of the thread.
Never mind.. I did that to get a complete picture...

All countries gain by mutual economic activity, but that doesn't mean you forget your national interests.
Yes...we are saying the same things...

Especially considering that India/China do not live in an isolated bubble. The big gorilla on the block is the West, and it has a very important role to play in the India/China relationship.
That's where you are mistaken my friend...How will India and China relationship go will be decided by India and China..not the west...In fact the way trends are going India and China will be indespensable for all the countries including WEST...If i go by average life expectancy rate i am confident we both will see this happening in our life time...

What seems petty today may become the centerpiece of an election campaign tomorrow.

Since you are talking about elections i can easily say you are talking about India...Let me assure you one thing as far as our election(at national level) issues goes not even Pakistan come's into picture...rest assured china do not figure at all...Congress won last elections with clear majority even though her actions after 26/11 were not considered enough by Indians....In other words Security and Govt being soft on Pakistan(something raised as an issue by BJP) was outright rejected by people..... In fact you will be surprised that we were angry at our system more than role of Pak(non-state actors)...

If you are talking about constituencies effected by border issues then rest assured we are having elections there every 5 years and our border issues is 5 decades old...However i cannot predict future but if i go by current trends it don't seem plausible to me....

Especially if attention needs to be diverted from uncomfortable domestic issues.
As described above this is not a problem that Indian electorate suffer...Today indian voter is more concerned about economic progress and benefits reaching out to them than anything else....

You cannot predict the future but one thing we know for sure is that physical resources are limited and contention for them will create conflict.
No doubt about that...However this is true not only in India-China domain but for the whole world including China-Pakistan...

India and China: ties bloom despite border differences

Economic, social and cultural ties between the two Asian giants are blooming again, quietly overriding the contentious political and border issues as India and China seek out their rightful roles in a changing global order. Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s recent official visit to Beijing — his first — turned the spotlight away from differences to areas of cooperation as the two nations that are home to one in three people in the world agreed to ink 11 agreements. The economic pacts would boost trade to $60 billion by 2008 from the current level of almost $40 billion.

Trade is itself the barometer of the transformation of relations between the two galloping economies: The present mark of almost $40 billion was originally set for 2010. No wonder a confident Manmohan Singh told the China-India Business Summit that both the countries needed to have a strategic plan because they “stand poised to regain their weight in the global economy”.

Perhaps more significant for India-China watchers are the elements of the pacts to deepen defence cooperation between the two countries whose armies had stood eyeball-to-eyeball in the Himalayas not too long ago. They held their first joint training exercise in China’s Kunming city last December. Another exercise is due in India this year.

And, in a diplomatic breakthrough, China has said that it “understands and supports” India’s desire to play a greater role in the United Nations, including in the all-important Security Council.

The warm embrace of the two rising powers may have generated some apprehensions in Washington, but India and China have declared that their friendship would have a positive influence on the future of the international system and is not targeted at any country

Read more: India and China: ties bloom despite border differences

Rather than a power play, their growing ties have a key role in their race to develop their countries and improve the lives of their citizens.

Diplomats in New Delhi and Beijing noted that the people as well as trade and industry in both the countries are keen on close relations and - as in the case of India and Pakistan - are driving the momentum in bilateral ties. “It is only increased interaction that will enhance understanding and mutual respect necessary to negotiate the differences,” a senior Asian diplomat in Beijing said, emphasising the importance of the Sino-Indian bonhomie.

The two countries have complementary strengths. India has much to offer in computer software and information technology, outsourced back office work, education, management, pharmaceuticals, the services sector and certain areas of high technology.

The Chinese are strong in the computer hardware, manufacturing, engineering, machinery, infrastructure, telecom and power sectors.

But India-China relations are not just confined to business, diplomacy and military.

Manmohan Singh’s three-day trip mid-January to China brought to the fore hidden facets of a growing relationship whose depth and warmth are rarely known to most outsiders. It was not just Chinese media coverage of Manmohan Singh’s stay that was surprising; revealing was the positive and eager reaction to India of the English-knowing people on the street who were eager to strike up conversations with visiting Indians at the slightest opportunity.

And there is yet another stimulant for these ties. The growing presence of the Indian community in China - and of the Chinese in India - means more and more Indians and Chinese are coming to know each other first hand, the language barriers notwithstanding. Tourist traffic between the two countries is rising rapidly.

Among the thousands of Indians in China are more than 6,000 students attracted to the Middle Kingdom for its easy admission systems, affordable fees as well as high standards of facilities at its universities. The dominant choice of Indians is medicine. The desire to learn Chinese in China is also a major draw.

According to Ravi Ranjan, who teaches Indian literature and culture and Hindi at Peking University, Chinese institutions are good in science and technology too. Indian students are full of praise for China - although many say they are missing their favourite food back home!

But eating Indian food is no more a problem in China. There are, surprisingly, more than 100 restaurants across the country serving Indian cuisine. Most of the Chinese clientele are in the 20s and 30s although most users are Indians or Western expatriates. Beijing has nearly 20 restaurants with Indian cuisine on their menus, double of what it was 10 years ago.

Yoga too is becoming popular in China. There are about 400 yoga teachers from India who have made China their home - and are making a mark. “The Chinese are crazy about yoga,” says Kapil Gautam, a 27-year-old yoga teacher from New Delhi who lives in Shenyang town, about 700 km northeast of Beijing where temperatures dip in winter to a bone-chilling -37 (minus 37)degrees.

“China is a very nice country to live in,” explains Meena Banot, 36, the China representative of Shalina Group, a conglomerate with diversified interests in construction, mining and pharmaceuticals. “Once you start understanding and speaking basic Chinese, there is no problem. The people are very kind and helpful by nature.”

So are Indians falling in love with China? Yes! And it seems that Indians and Chinese are also falling in love with one another - after decades of distrust and distance!

There are growing numbers of marriages, mainly between Indian men and Chinese women. It is a trend that has dramatically picked up in the past decade. A teacher from India with a Chinese girlfriend who may end up marrying her explained the phenomenon in one sentence: “Chinese women are truly beautiful and make great wives!”

indians are hopelessly optimistic...china winks at it and it smiles like a naive child....like other great powers praise india and india become victoriously proud.....you still dont know the typical chinese strategy of dealing with others, even the fellow chinese are cheating relatives and their fellow and struggle for the power internally but they will unanimously show that how warm they are to the outsiders coming to visit them....i think this phenomenon exists in every culture and civilization , honoring guest is a courtesy...about the marriage part you know why mostly are indian man marries chinese woman??? because chinese woman are in love with the money which the man carries, no matter it is white, brown, black skin color people as long as you have money you can get along with vanity chinese women very well, what she loves is your money.....i think indians hard to believe chinese women are almost sluts as they really touched the dark side of society after school graduation unlike indian women being brainwashed and keep ready for a totally strange man to marry.....hope u dont think that india image in chinese eyes has become a heaven and hot apple like they treated usa in 1980s......individuals friendships may be established between people of two sides but once the conflicts of interests taking place, individuals friendships may be broken so easily as a piece of cake due to respective patriotism, so imho this trend is not really secured anyway, once broken unprepared, india will be in a sorry state in the face of strong china....wake up!!!!!!.........cheers...

indians are hopelessly optimistic...china winks at it and it siles like a child....like other great powers praise india and india become victoriously proud.....you stll dont know the typical chinese strategy of dealing with others, even the fellow chinese are cheating relatives and their fellow and struggle for the power internally but they will unanimously show that how warm they are to the outsiders coming to visit them....i think this phenomenon exists in every culture and civilization , honoring guest is a courtesy...about the marriage part you know why mostly are indian man marries chinese woman??? because chinese woman are in love with the money which the man carries, no matter it is white, brown, black skin color people as long as you have money you can get along with vanity chinese women very well, what she loves is your money.....i think indians hard to believe chinese women are almost sluts as they really touched the dark side of society after school graduation unlike indian women being brainwashed and keep ready for a totally strange man to marry.....hope u dont think that india image in chinese eyes has become a heaven and hot apple like they treated usa in 1980s......individuals friendships may be established between people of two sides but once the conflicts of interests taking place, individuals friendships may be broken so easily as a piece of cake due to respective patriotism, so imho this trend is not really secured anyway, once broken unprepared, india will be in a sorry state in the face of strong china....wake up!!!!!!.........cheers...

so will be china.... if it were to be foolish enough to attack India....the damage done to China will be immense and on the side of unacceptable damage.... so it will be both which will loose...

hope the chinese govt can sheds its policy of unnecessarily interfering in Indian matters...which never pays anything but only creates ill will...

meanwhile this visit i think is good thing ... if it helps in better understanding in relations... cheers...:cheers:

so will be china.... if it were to be foolish enough to attack India....the damage done to China will be immense and on the side of unacceptable damage.... so it will be both which will loose...

hope the chinese govt can sheds its policy of unnecessarily interfering in Indian matters...which never pays anything but only creates ill will...

meanwhile this visit i think is good thing ... if it helps in better understanding in relations... cheers...:cheers:

My dear friend don't waste your energy in these wastes. You just go through his posts and you will know why I'm saying this.

you seem to know chinese women very well....eh..
chinese women are almost sluts

btw try to refrain from using degradatory words.......... just an advice ..

Back
Top Bottom