What's new

Chinese Carrier Battle Group

US started modernization during WW1, then intensified during and before WW2. It was during the cold war that the US became a true military power.

@Hu Songshan

aside from Soon british carriers and now French and America, no one else can launch AEWs from carriers. Even the next Indian carrier won't be able to. So for the next decade Liaoning is still number 4 behind those 3 nations.

Which if you think about it, from nothing to fourth, that's not bad.

As to full load, it'll be close to full load, I think we can get about 13-7 full load J-15s in the air after refueling. Not great but against Philippines and Vietnam more than enough. Against Japan, we got our home bases, not needed as much. Besides, H-6 can always come in with the assist.

But the PLAN is going to be up the USN in the SCS, ECS , and The Pacific/Indian Oceans. While the Liaoning could be used against smaller countries in the SCS China is going to be completing against the USN not India(for now). Limited capabilities if completing against the USN or even JMSDF (still need to build up our anti submarine warfare capability). The Type 002 and Type 003 carriers will overcome the shortcomings.

Building an aircraft carrier platform is not an easy task.

No joke, USA is at least 50 years more advanced in the aircraft carrier platform compared to the rest of the world.

You can't innovate without to play the catch up mode first.

China is becoming innovative in the other areas, but in this domain of aircraft carrier, we have to admit that we are still toddler compared to USA, this is the reality, not boasting our ego.

We should be capable to build the supercarrier that is comparable to the Gerald Ford class after 2020.

The most crucial parts for us is the EMALS and the new type of nuclear reactors.

With the break through of these technologies, then it would be a problem for China to build a supercarrier like the Gerald Ford class.

I heard that China tested EMALs in 2012. Nuclear minimization for engine reactors is no problem for China as they achieved that in the 70s with the Han class nuclear submarine.

I heard that China tested EMALs in 2012. Nuclear minimization for engine reactors is no problem for China as they achieved that in the 70s with the Han class nuclear submarine.

A nuclear reactor comparable to the A1B reactor still need to wait several years.

China right now has the technology to build the A4W level reactor, but China won't spend too much time to build a supercarrier about the level of the Nimitz class. We just need to move into the Gerald Ford class level supercarrier as soon as possible.

A nuclear reactor comparable to the A1B reactor still need to wait several years.

China right now has the technology to build the A4W level reactor, but China won't spend too much time to build a supercarrier about the level of the Nimitz class. We just need to move into the Gerald Ford class level supercarrier as soon as possible.

I'm not too clear on what Ford class offers that Nimitz class don't.

I been hearing better nuclear reactor, better electricity efficiency, modular design, EMALS. I'm thinking mostly it's efficiency changes, even EMALS isn't so much a upgrade over steam as it is a efficiency thing to reduce water needed and maintenance due to steam.

That's the problem, America is pretty much putting 30+ years of Nimitz experience on the table and addressing each little thing, so Ford isn't more powerful, it's more like more efficient.

But we got none of that experience, at most we can make it better than Liaoning in terms of efficiency, but that still won't be able to reach Ford class. But it's not a huge loss if it isn't, a Nimitz class carrier is still very capable even against the States.

I'm not too clear on what Ford class offers that Nimitz class don't.

I been hearing better nuclear reactor, better electricity efficiency, modular design, EMALS. I'm thinking mostly it's efficiency changes, even EMALS isn't so much a upgrade over steam as it is a efficiency thing to reduce water needed and maintenance due to steam.

That's the problem, America is pretty much putting 30+ years of Nimitz experience on the table and addressing each little thing, so Ford isn't more powerful, it's more like more efficient.

But we got none of that experience, at most we can make it better than Liaoning in terms of efficiency, but that still won't be able to reach Ford class. But it's not a huge loss if it isn't, a Nimitz class carrier is still very capable even against the States.

The A1B reactor can generate more electric power for the need of the EMALS.

I say the Ford class overall about 25-50% more capable than the Nimitz class.

EMALS has a much greater efficiency in term of takeoff aircrafts from the small one to the large one.

While the steam catapult cannot takeoff the drone, see how the X-47B has experienced so much problems with the Nimitz class.

OH yea, video finally out, just thought post it here to for people to see.

Waiting for more fighters to go on board, I think it's been said this carrier will achieve full combat readiness either this year or next one.

Back
Top Bottom