What's new

Chinese automobile industry?

What is the market share for the Chinese market for various brands? I read somewhere that the local brands are gaining market share in the local market.

What is the market share for the Chinese market for various brands? I read somewhere that the local brands are gaining market share in the local market.

China's auto market is very large, China's auto industry can not meet domestic demand, their production capacity is not enough.

China's auto market is very large, China's auto industry can not meet domestic demand, their production capacity is not enough.

I was looking for some stats for the Chinese market for various brands. I know that VW is the market leader with a significant market share in China.

13.76 million was 2009 figures
18.06 million was 2010 figures.
still increasing massively this year despite slowdown.

44% of that is still larger than any other Countries production
All foreign car makers have joint ventures and produce and sell in China.

OK I found some 2009 data on the brand share that I was looking for:

China_auto6.jpg

china_autos.jpg

From this report: Chinese auto industry - Rexiter

Wow the Chinese sure love the VWs don't they? Whats the most popular VW car in China? Polo or Golf probably?

Wow the Chinese sure love the VWs don't they? Whats the most popular VW car in China? Polo or Golf probably?

From this report it looks like the popular VW models are VW Lavida, Jetta, Santana, Bora. Heard that the Touareg and Tiguan also sell well in the Chinese market. Only Jetta seems to be familiar to me, I guess the rest are China specific models.

China’s Best Selling Cars Of 2010

China largest automible car manufactures produces similar amount to Indias Tata.

As for comparision to other companies in South Asia, no one comes close to China

China largest automible car manufactures produces similar amount to Indias Tata.

As for comparision to other companies in South Asia, no one comes close to China

2010, China produced 18.26 million car.
Japan produced 4.37 million car.
Germany produced 4.23 million car.
South Korea produced 2.77 million car.
India produced 1.8 million car.

:undecided: I think the produces amount is not similar.

This thread will be much more attractive if someone posts some pictures of the Chinese cars.

The Cherry sales quite well in here.BTW,Chinese automobile manufacturer have a long way to chase on the europe ,jap,US car vendors.

A Great Wall Motors ute (the white one in the background) driven by Libyan rebels.

That explains how they sudenly emerged with a 100 of these Brand new zero meter trucks.;)
Those who do understand this joke please remember its a joke.!:smokin:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom