What's new

Chinese assistance: Work starts on nuclear power plant at Karachi shore

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
KARACHI:
Spadework has been started on the 1,000 MW nuclear power plant being set up near Hawkes Bay with Chinese assistance, sources said. The plant worth $4 billion will take seven years to start generating power.

First payment from the $1 billion allocated in the current budget has been released by the federal government to the Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission to initiate development work on the project.

2915.jpg

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif will inaugurate the project on a later date as part of Karachi Coastal Power Project that involves setting up two nuclear reactors having a production capacity of 1,000MW each.

The sources said that the centre has also earmarked funds for setting up a nuclear power plant in Punjab with Chinese assistance.

Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission has set a target of establishing nuclear power plants capable of producing 8,800 MW of electricity by the year 2030, most likely with Chinese assistance, the sources said.

Published in The Express Tribune, October 24th, 2013.

Bravo, lets use this technology to develop our economy. We've got catching up to do.

KARACHI:
Spadework has been started on the 1,000 MW nuclear power plant being set up near Hawkes Bay with Chinese assistance, sources said. The plant worth $4 billion will take seven years to start generating power.

First payment from the $1 billion allocated in the current budget has been released by the federal government to the Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission to initiate development work on the project.

2915.jpg

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif will inaugurate the project on a later date as part of Karachi Coastal Power Project that involves setting up two nuclear reactors having a production capacity of 1,000MW each.

The sources said that the centre has also earmarked funds for setting up a nuclear power plant in Punjab with Chinese assistance.

Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission has set a target of establishing nuclear power plants capable of producing 8,800 MW of electricity by the year 2030, most likely with Chinese assistance, the sources said.

Published in The Express Tribune, October 24th, 2013.

I think that they should have constructed 1000MW power plant, one in South East and the other in South West. Also PAEC and KRL should develop their own reactors with or without Chinese help.

I think that they should have constructed 1000MW power plant, one in South East and the other in South West. Also PAEC and KRL should develop their own reactors with or without Chinese help.

the project already includes TWO nuclear power plants, 1000MW each as clearly indicated by the post/report you quoted!
Do you just want to change east west directions? Because what you are saying is what you have quotes as being done already so i did not understand the "THEY SHOULD HAVE..."

the project already includes TWO nuclear power plants, 1000MW each as clearly indicated by the post/report you quoted!
Do you just want to change east west directions? Because what you are saying is what you have quotes as being done already so i did not understand the "THEY SHOULD HAVE..."

I was with that thing that both plants should not be in a single place instead divided into two zones that will help both the zones as it first priority should be to provide electricity to these zones, where I think Industries are present.

I was with that thing that both plants should not be in a single place instead divided into two zones that will help both the zones as it first priority should be to provide electricity to these zones, where I think Industries are present.

Meray Bhai, if you are thinking about transmission losses, then you are needlessly worried. It is best to keep them where they are. Planners are not stupid.

So it was indeed about the directions!
Brother, what do you suggest about the costs, needlessly increased costs, of setting up two plants, away from each other. The infrastructure cost, building, water supply, electricity transmission, security to name a few.

The ones who planned this are professionals, APNI CHADAR DAIKH KA PAON PHALAO as the saying goes

:rofl::omghaha::omghaha::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Can you please define infrastructure?

Back
Top Bottom