What's new

Chinese anti-veil 'beauty' campaign sows ugly tensions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with you sir.

The is no compulsion in their religion that makes them wear a full veil. Their scripture just says to dress modestly.

Nor is it their historical tradition. These "traditions" are actually recent imported ideas from the Arabian peninsula.
fair enough....but isnt it like denying citizens right to dress ? arent they condidered as citizen? or u dont have rights?

fair enough....but isnt it like denying citizens right to dress ? arent they condidered as citizen? or u dont have rights?

Before any media or country starts criticizing China, I think they should take care of Arab countries that enforce dress codes on their citizens in general and harsh restrictions on women. Of course, those Arab countries can cite their religious practices and traditions, bla bla, but what about individual women that don't want to adhere to those practices? IMHO, any Islam country that criticizes other countries' restrictions on some dress codes is hypocrite and has NO credibility.

Not that I agree with those countries, but lets be realistic, we don'd have "full and complete" freedom as individual. It's a question of how much personal space v. public. Individual dressing styles sometimes have to conform to public morals and a country's cultures in general. I wont be able to run around completely naked in U.S., but I might be able to in some African tribes.

Gotta appreciate the Chinese. Not only they control the anti social behaviour of cults, they get the forts of the such cults to cheerlead while they do it.

Last edited:
The old CPC was utterly ruthless regards to stamping out religion in China. They knew religion is one of the ways societies and countries divide.

But ever since the reform and opening up the modern day CPC has lost that total ruthlessness they had and as a result many radical religions such as Christianity and Islam has been allowed to spread.

If the CPC ever allows freedom of religion in China, we are finished as a unified country.

Religion is the primary cause of wars for thousands of years. Religion is one of the biggest dangers to the CPC and China.

If we are to be a major power this century, there are a few things that should never be allowed to spread....Christianity and Islam. These two religions are associated with death and destruction.

I wish the old CPC came back and crushed these religious institutions and foreign NGOs that spread these religions and ideologies to destroy China from within.

Modern day CPC leaders are soft and weak.

Dumbass, these people were already Muslim before the CCP existed. None of them is proselytizing- most Muslims in China actually don't give a damn about proselyitizing, in fact the only people succesfully proselytizing in China are evangelical Protestant Christians.

Go to Qinghai. No Muslim is going to even try to proselytize to you there even though tons of religious Muslims live there. Meanwhile, in the same area, you will see Evangelical Christians trying to convert people (anyone, of any ethnicity, whether Tibetan or Han). Both Hui, Uyghurs, and all other Muslims aren't interested in converting others, they have a "their religion is not my business" point of view towards other people.

If they don't like people of other religions, thats another issue that has NOTHING to do with proselytizing. Ultra Orthodox Jews don't proselytize and can dislike non-Jews intensely. They aren't interested in converting you, they just don't like you at all. Stop conflating these issues and spreading BS, because Muslims in China are NOT proselytizing en masse no matter what ethnicity they belong to. These people in China have been Muslims for over 1,000 years, they aren't new converts at all.

Last edited:
The alternative to banning the full-face veil is to implanting a computer chip like NFC. Anyone who wears a veil passing a check-point would have to be subjected to a scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom