What's new

Chinese Air Force's J-16 may play the core role in South China Sea combat

What does "J" in all kind of fighters stands for? I could not find in wikipedia also.
J == 歼 == Fighter, the first PinYin of Chinese word of "Jian/歼".
It means F, the first English word of "Fighter".

J-16 is probably China's 1st 4.5th gen fighter jet using WS-10(as seen on the J-11BS below) for maiden and trial flights。

201929yi4ch8zqt8fiic8s.jpg.thumb.jpg

202216fxy757auk2kyxzha.jpg.thumb.jpg

:D
Absolutely China WS-10 jet engines, not AL-31F. But how can i identify J-11BS and J-16, they look same both r two seats and developed base on J-11B fighter. J-11BS == Su-27UBK for Su's pilot training, J-16 == Su-30mkk for multi-role attack.

Hey guys, do u have good idea to distinguish them ?

J-11BS and J-16 are identical, one useful tip on visual identification is that J-11BS's front undercarriage has one wheel (ie, one tyre), while J-16's front under carriage is fitted with twin wheel. These may be because J-16 is heavier than J-11BS when fully loaded.

Attachments

• milit494-vert.jpg
    milit494-vert.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 59
As for Su-30MKK, the top of the vertical stabilizers is flat, while J-16's one isn't.

How is the performance of those aircrafts if compared to SU-30MKs of Vietnam?
Platform performance is approximately equal, but China enjoys better C3I support that can maximize the plane's effectiveness. Chinese planes are supported by AEW and EW platforms, both force multipliers.

There was an incident that took place in 2011 between Chinese 2nd Air Division and Vietnamese Su-30's based out of Hanoi. The gap between two air forces were demonstrated during the incident.

J-11BS and J-16 are identical, one useful tip on visual identification is that J-11BS's front undercarriage has one wheel (ie, one tyre), while J-16's front under carriage is fitted with twin wheel. These may be because J-16 is heavier than J-11BS when fully loaded.
Thank you very much.:tup:

Back
Top Bottom