What's new

China's Huawei considers India plant to ease security concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.
the figures are not US dollar but HK dollar...see before posting..
1 U.S. dollar = 7.7813745 HK dollar

so as per ur chart the figures will be as below:

project manager = 400000/7.8= US$ 51282
and this is for a project manager.....

and if u have any idea what a project manager is, his qualification, and how many years does it take to be a PM and what is the level of a PM and a janitor....u will know what will be salary of a janitor in comparison to that of a PM in some leading IT company.....

u will know the difference....

Calm down pal, at least try to be civilize in a debate, where in my post i said its us dollars ? did you even care to read my link ?

Ok, you want more, its dated back in 2005 in US currency;

Average Salary in Hong Kong - Job and Sector Comparison.
Hong Kong Average Salary Income - Job Comparison

Btw, if you want futher debate, please kindly provide India's data.

NEW DEHLI, May 12 (Reuters) - Huawei Technologies [HWT.UL], China's top telecommunications equipment maker, said on Wednesday it is considering building a factory in India, after its imports to the country were slowed over government security concerns.

A Huawei spokesman in India said a facility could be set up soon if the company decided to go ahead with the plan, but did not provide further details.

The possibility of a new factory comes as Huawei's hometown rival, ZTE Corp (0763.HK)(000063.SZ), another major exporter to India, said it was also considering building a factory. [ID:nBMA007504]

China's Huawei considers India plant to ease security concerns | Reuters

Good idea. That is the way to operate in international markets if they want to be competitive economically and politically. Clearly has been possible due to the growing telephony network demand in India + also the decision of GoI to implement the age old policy of local manufacturing.

Why not just say, "We're pissed off at you for our inability to make what we need. So, you must now make what we need on our soil to alleviate our unemployment problems with your technology know how and investments." in the first place?

Actually the case is not that. ZTE also lost an order from a Dubai based telecom operator now licenses in India for networking equipment. They know that they cannot afford to be out of the 2nd largest potential market in the world. Afterall the "unemployed" Indians are 10% of the revenue for Huawei and ditto for ZTE.

So clearly it is a case of shape up to India or ship off. Nortel is actively working to get in to the Indian market albeit lacking the edge due to manipulated Yuan. So wake up sign.

Regarding the employment and technology, has your party propaganda told you that you invented the mobile telephony??

Oh, sometimes it might seems too good to be true to someone, may be one will think it will only happen in a dream, thats quite understandable. "Hell and Heaven" i guess ?

Calm down pal, at least try to be civilize in a debate, where in my post i said its us dollars ? did you even care to read my link ?

Ok, you want more, its dated back in 2005 in US currency;

Average Salary in Hong Kong - Job and Sector Comparison.
Hong Kong Average Salary Income - Job Comparison

Btw, if you want futher debate, please kindly provide India's data.

but the post u replied to had figures in US dollars... so keep that in perspective..and reply back in US dollars.....
u provide souce for ur data coz a chinese claimed it to be so for a janitor(in China and then in hk) and not me...

from this data u provide u can again see for highly qualified ppl like engineers it is US$ 15000...

so for a janitor is it US $26000 in China i:rofl::rofl: and in HK it is US $70000.... :rofl::rofl:

And do you know same post in HongKong is 15X... of India ?
No need to argue, cos source is not needed here.:cheers:

depends.

if you're comparing a chinese janitor to an indian IT professional, yes, the janitor makes only 1.6 times the salary of the IT professional.

if you're comparing average wages across all sectors, no, it's definitely 4x.

in biotech chinese workers make ALOT more than indians. a junior assembly line worker at a factory makes 250 US dollars per month with food and rent free. that's an assembly line worker with a high school education.

Last edited:
but the post u replied to had figures in US dollars... so keep that in perspective..and reply back in US dollars.....

u provide souce for ur data coz a chinese claimed it to be so for a janitor(in China and then in hk) and not me...

Yes, my bad, i will be extra careful next time, so whats the conclusion?

Will you kindly tell me how many times the different between the salary of HK and India ? may i get a honest reply, or i am expecting too much ?

Yes, my bad, i will be extra careful next time, so whats the conclusion?

Will you kindly tell me how many times the different between the salary of HK and India ? may i get a honest reply, or i am expecting too much ?

gosh why dont u undstnd...keep proper perspective plz....

it was in reply to the stupid post by below_freezing where he claimed sanitor salary in China is 1.6 times Indian IT professional....

that is US $26000 for a janitor in China ..:rofl: and u support him by saying it is 15x in HK....:disagree::rofl:

Huawei can import the parts from China and use cheap Indian labour to assemble :azn:

Not possible. For capital equipment = clear policy, no CKD / SKD. Everything has to be manufactured except for which it can be proven that it cannot be made in India due to political restriction of the home government / TOT restriction.

Also it is not so cheap to make in India compared to China. Why? Labour wages in China are 40% more than that in India in absolute terms.

So if India = 10 USD (example only), then China = 14 USD (40% more). But the trick is the PPP (Purchasing power parity to identify real wages). So the USD PPP for China in 2010 is 3.72 while for India is 2.9. So what does this mean?

Per PPP labout wages in China = USD 14 / 3.72 = 3.76
Per PPP labour wages in India = USD 10 / 2.9 = 3.44

So how much more the labou in China from India? = 8.1 %.

So it is not too much the difference in the factor cost of labour or capital. The major difference comes in due to the currency manipulation by China. That is why the end product is cheaper than India.

But if Huawei makes the equipment in India, they can go around the non-tariff barriers + also the tariffs = about 38% including SD & CVD. That should by the end make them more competitive when they make in India rather than import from China.

But the point is: They have to invest in India to do that.

My friend, what ever made you happy, thats perfectly fine with me, just a friendly reminder, never compare "Heaven and Hell" it will not be pretty.

The top five most advance cities in the world , "Pearl of the Orient" is not there for nothing period.

Btw, you know whats HK's competitor=Singapore, "A country" which happened to be one of the best.:cheers:

, never compare "Heaven and Hell"
by the way what do u mean by it..?
there is no comparison ivnolved just a mere factual description of the situation if huawei were to import from China...

ans even if Hongkong is better economically i would refrain from using word like hell for China....:rofl::p:)

My friend, what ever made you happy, thats perfectly fine with me, just a friendly reminder, never compare "Heaven and Hell" it will not be pretty.

The top five most advance cities in the world , "Pearl of the Orient" is not there for nothing period.

Btw, you know whats HK's competitor=Singapore, "A country" which happened to be one of the best.:cheers:

Yeah look, objectively it is not exactly such a heaven that you are projecting.

Visit the following to analyse the salary levels in China. Not even close to what you would think a heaven huh? But PPP is fine I am sure.

Cosidering the advantages that China gets by its artificially low cost, I do not know why you want to go against your party policy.....

China Average Salary Income - Job Comparison

Here another one from your own government.

http://www.china-labour.org.hk/en/f...nthly_wage_of_staff_and_workers_1978-2007.pdf

So you will find that it is actually lower than that of India.

:cheers:

Not possible. For capital equipment = clear policy, no CKD / SKD. Everything has to be manufactured except for which it can be proven that it cannot be made in India due to political restriction of the home government / TOT restriction.

Also it is not so cheap to make in India compared to China. Why? Labour wages in China are 40% more than that in India in absolute terms.

So if India = 10 USD (example only), then China = 14 USD (40% more). But the trick is the PPP (Purchasing power parity to identify real wages). So the USD PPP for China in 2010 is 3.72 while for India is 2.9. So what does this mean?

Per PPP labout wages in China = USD 14 / 3.72 = 3.76
Per PPP labour wages in India = USD 10 / 2.9 = 3.44

So how much more the labou in China from India? = 8.1 %.

So it is not too much the difference in the factor cost of labour or capital. The major difference comes in due to the currency manipulation by China. That is why the end product is cheaper than India.

But if Huawei makes the equipment in India, they can go around the non-tariff barriers + also the tariffs = about 38% including SD & CVD. That should by the end make them more competitive when they make in India rather than import from China.

But the point is: They have to invest in India to do that.

^^ you know NOTHING on economics and international finance, because you are repeatedly making blunders even in Economics 101.
I have no time to correct you sentence by sentence, but to point out the main areas where you are BSing:

Directly comparing China and India in PPP terms as you do, hence to derive your wage differtial "conclusion" is patently misleading and grossly violating the very spirit of PPP which is solely based on Law of Universal One Price due to efficient arbitrage.

In layman's term, comparing China and India in PPP term is implicitly assuming that China and India have the SAME trade tarrifs/restrictions and the SAME internal transpotation cost, alongwith other 3 or 4 BIG catagories of similar dumb assumptions.

As any idiot will tell you that the differences on infrastructure (directly correlated with tranportation cost) and trade restrictions (import/export tarriffs, labour unions, govt politics, local practics, etc.) between China and India are MASSIVE, which should massively over-states India's GDP in PPP term compared to China, other factors being equal (PPP is misleading concept when directly applying to country-to-country comparison, being laughed at by any serious economist; but it couls be a useful machanism mainly hlepful when applied to very homogenious regions), hence the wage differential based on your fanboy PPP-based GDP assumption is far from reality.

In case of China and India, I would more incline to trust exchange rate-based numbers, adjusted by the market-consensus degree of appreciation of Chinese RMB in relation to Rupee, which could in theory result as large as 4 times wage difference between China and India. One of my mates did a field project years ago containing monthly manufacturing labour costs between China and India, his similar conclusion of about 4X (China about 300 and India about 60-80) confirms the theory to a certain extent.

^^ you know NOTHING on economics and international finance, because you are repeatedly making blunders even in Economics 101.
I have no time to correct you sentence by sentence, but to point out the main areas where you are BSing:

Directly comparing China and India in PPP terms as you do, hence to derive your wage differtial "conclusion" is patently misleading and grossly violating the very spirit of PPP which is solely based on Law of Universal One Price due to efficient arbitrage.

In layman's term, comparing China and India in PPP term is implicitly assuming that China and India have the SAME trade tarrifs/restrictions and the SAME internal transpotation cost, alongwith other 3 or 4 BIG catagories of similar dumb assumptions.

As any idiot will tell you that the differences on infrastructure (directly correlated with tranportation cost) and trade restrictions (import/export tarriffs, labour unions, govt politics, local practics, etc.) between China and India are MASSIVE, which should massively over-states India's GDP in PPP term compared to China, other factors being equal (PPP is misleading concept when directly applying to country-to-country comparison, being laughed at by any serious economist; but it couls be a useful machanism mainly hlepful when applied to very homogenious regions), hence the wage differential based on your fanboy PPP-based GDP assumption is far from reality.

In case of China and India, I would more incline to trust exchange rate-based numbers, adjusted by the market-consensus degree of appreciation of Chinese RMB in relation to Rupee, which could in theory result as large as 4 times wage difference between China and India. One of my mates did a field project years ago containing monthly manufacturing labour costs between China and India, his similar conclusion of about 4X (China about 300 and India about 60-80) confirms the theory to a certain extent.

Shut up and read this.

ICP 2011: International Comparison Program

Edit: Also go and get some education in a non-Chinese University. Also tell your mate to take a hike.

:wave:

Yeah look, objectively it is not exactly such a heaven that you are projecting.

Visit the following to analyse the salary levels in China. Not even close to what you would think a heaven huh? But PPP is fine I am sure.

Cosidering the advantages that China gets by its artificially low cost, I do not know why you want to go against your party policy.....

China Average Salary Income - Job Comparison

Here another one from your own government.

http://www.china-labour.org.hk/en/f...nthly_wage_of_staff_and_workers_1978-2007.pdf

So you will find that it is actually lower than that of India.

Will you kindly check the previous posts, page, we were talking about HK, your beloved countrymen asking for a slap at the face, so i play along with him, thats all, if i hurt anyone's feeling by any chance, consider that a chance to learn outside a well.

So if you like to join the fun, at least stay with our conversation, i hope i am not asking too much.

No, i never said China is a heaven, but if comparing HK with India......
When a country got some global index like this, a "Heaven" ? by your standard ? or a live example of ...?
India tops world hunger chart | NowPublic News Coverage

Shut up and read this.

ICP 2011: International Comparison Program

Edit: Also go and get some education in a non-Chinese University. Also tell your mate to take a hike.

:wave:

I myself can write such a "common" economics abc course for non-brainers to publish in the web during my coffee break in any day at notice.

I've never really paid close attention to PPP figures. China's PPP is probably 2/3 of the US now. Following your twisted logic to compare labout cost of CHina and India through PPP, since average labour cost of the US is about USD 40,000, then avearge labour cost in China must be 2/3 of that? That's how idioticly you are expressing yourself. :wave:

PLUS:

what's about Chinese university? The current chief economist of the World Bank, a Chinese, was educated patially in a Chinese university. Ironically, I myself was educated in the EU since 4th Grade, which you most likely belong to.:agree:

Last edited:
Will you kindly check the previous posts, page, we were talking about HK, your beloved countrymen asking for a slap at the face, so i play along with him, thats all, if i hurt anyone's feeling by any chance, consider that a chance to learn outside a well.

So if you like to join the fun, at least stay with our conversation, i hope i am not asking too much.

No, i never said China is a heaven, but if comparing HK with India......
When a country got some global index like this, a "Heaven" ? by your standard ? or a live example of ...?
India tops world hunger chart | NowPublic News Coverage

Well if you really now have to push it now:

Weekend Standard - Lost girls of China

Lost Girls of China.

Just how many girls are missing and what has become of them is still a matter of demographic guesswork, but it could mean an absence of 40 to 60 million girls by the end of the decade.

Chinese Party Solution: So just because you did not have to feed them, kill them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom