What's new

China's Ghost Cities

Status
Not open for further replies.
uh huh. Source?

OK. Here is one. Pardon for the poor image quality.

chinarules.jpg

@aimrraul why people are not living there...?
China has largest population....
It could easily filled with people in a month

what is wrong with the chinese people here? there is so much of anti china posts anyone can make from tibet to tineman square to muscle flexing and aggression.
but ghosts towns ?? really?

The correct question, is what is wrong with the Indian members here, to cause the Chinese to have this perception. :azn:

You guys never fail to live up to expectations.

OK, I will corroborate one of the news on that image.

No Ifs Or : Officials Ordered To Smoke

Officials in China have reportedly been told to puff their way through four and a half million cigarettes a year.

There are currently some 350 million smokers in China
Staff at local government offices in Hubei province were given the order in a move intended to set an example for the rest of the nation, according to state media.

And if they fail to smoke their way through 230,000 packs of locally-produced cigarettes, the officials could face fines.

Brands such as Huanghelou have been earmarked as part of the official quota.

"The regulation will boost the local economy via the cigarette tax," local official Chen Nianzu was quoted as saying in the Global Times.
The measure may also be a ploy to boost sales of local cigarette brands, under pressure from competitors in neighbouring Hunan province.
Some 350 million Chinese - including more than half of all male doctors - currently smoke, with around a million dying from smoking-related diseases every year.

State media recently reported the government was attempting to reduce the number of doctors smoking in China.

@aimrraul why people are not living there...?
China has largest population....
It could easily filled with people in a month

according to the video..these developments are too expensive for the average chinese person to be able to afford.......for now anyway

according to the video..these developments are too expensive for the average chinese person to be able to afford.......for now anyway
There is another more important factor for a new city to be inhabited... it is the local economy. Unless you have huge manufacturing bases or inductries around a city, people just wont come.... I am not sure what industries are there locally around these so called "ghost towns", but for any town to flourish, you need a thriving local economy. Then there is need for housing for families from various economic sections.... you will need affordable housing for the masses, middle class societies and then some luxury housing for the richer people.
Unless that is present... no matter how much you try to artificially populate a city, it just won't happen.

:coffee: Yes, China has some Ghost Cities. For example, Ordos.
That is embarrassing question, City planners have committed low-level errors.

Ordos:
2010041314225714.jpg

web_20100402_289.jpg

05300000831741127198172212455.jpg

f795c9f437d7eefadf23d3586e604bc5_640_480.jpg

OK, I will corroborate one of the news on that image.

No Ifs Or : Officials Ordered To Smoke

Officials in China have reportedly been told to puff their way through four and a half million cigarettes a year.

There are currently some 350 million smokers in China
Staff at local government offices in Hubei province were given the order in a move intended to set an example for the rest of the nation, according to state media.

And if they fail to smoke their way through 230,000 packs of locally-produced cigarettes, the officials could face fines.

Brands such as Huanghelou have been earmarked as part of the official quota.

"The regulation will boost the local economy via the cigarette tax," local official Chen Nianzu was quoted as saying in the Global Times.
The measure may also be a ploy to boost sales of local cigarette brands, under pressure from competitors in neighbouring Hunan province.
Some 350 million Chinese - including more than half of all male doctors - currently smoke, with around a million dying from smoking-related diseases every year.

State media recently reported the government was attempting to reduce the number of doctors smoking in China.

Reminds me of a funny incident, my colleague in NY offered me a cigarette as the best Chinese had, he swore he could'nt smoke any other even turkish ones since it was so good, now a pack cocsts $15 in NY so I agreed to try and believe me, even the ameicans make better, hell even good ol' Gold flake is much better, of course I couldnt tell him that since he is a friend.

Kang bashi,Inner Mongolia .really creepy

10080196_991525.jpg

10080221_999996.jpg

10080222_542369.jpg

10080198_530751.jpg

12794358880930304-2037727166.jpg

12794447858916304-402975062.jpg

China issues new rules on real estate agents
BEIJING -- China issued new regulations to regulate real estate brokerage practices, said a statement Tuesday.

The statement, released jointly by the Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development, the National Development and Reform Commission, and the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security, said the regulations will be put into effect on April 1, 2011.

The move is part of the State Council's efforts to rein in China's sizzling property market, according to the statement.

The regulations provide detailed guidance regarding the operations of real estate agents, the realtors' behavior, as well as list prohibitions when conducting business, said the statement.

Come on. This is in Inner Mongolia.

Inner Mongolia is about half the size of India and its economic growth is the highest in the country with GDP per capita maybe 7 or 8 times higher than that of India. It is no big deal.

Jesus Christ, this will most likely cause a property collapse like no other.

BTW, it reminds me of a nuclear testing town.

:coffee: That is a low-level error.
Inner Mongolia is a sparsely populated province, it is foolish that Construction of major cities in Inner Mongolia. Herders are more used to living in yurts.
Finally, a funny scene appeared. No one living in the mega city...

Herders are used to living in yurts:

200981215741294.jpg

20076510813_6_9941.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom