What's new

China's Ghost Cities

Status
Not open for further replies.
smokers are jokers (another simpson's quote :P )

And I'm 6'0. I win! For once the White man wins!

The listed numbers are averages. :azn: USA average is 5'9.

Of course there will be variations, the younger generation will tend to be above the average for example.

The listed numbers are averages. :azn: USA average is 5'9.

Of course there will be variations, the younger generation will tend to be above the average for example.

Keep in mind the US average consists of all races. They could honestly just average all the world's statistics. Still, I'm above average B)

But yes, the newer generations tend to be taller. Imagine how short people were in ancient Greece :P

Well, it does to a degree. Ancient egyptians were much shorter on average compared to counterparts of today. It's a mix of a better standard of living, which give the oppertunity to acquire more nutriants needed for healthy and strong development. Also the average life span was shorter back then.

Also the average life span was shorter back then.

Yeah, the life expectancy was around 28 years in the time of Ancient Greece.

And life expectancy was only 30 years in Medieval Britain...

Now it is much higher of course.

Your healthcare dollars at work. :D

I think there is a correlation of the human height, sometimes son taller than father, sometimes the contrary.

BTW, both black and white american males do average around 5'10.

Even the historical Scythians were very tall people, and many of their men were over 6'3. The ancient greeks described them as the blonde giants.

Here is the American actor Clancy Brown who portrayed a Scythian warrior named "Kurgan" in the movie Highlander.

Brown is a 6'4 guy.

kurgan.jpg

Yeah, the life expectancy was around 28 years in the time of Ancient Greece.

And life expectancy was only 30 years in Medieval Britain...

Now it is much higher of course.

Your healthcare dollars at work. :D

I'm an America, what healthcare? XD

I think there is a correlation of the human height, sometimes son taller than father, sometimes the contrary.

BTW, both black and white american males do average around 5'10.

Even the historical Scythians were very tall people, and many of their men were over 6'3. The ancient greeks described them as the blonde giants.

Here is the American actor Clancy Brown who portrayed a Scythian warrior named "Kurgan" in the movie Highlander.

Brown is a 6'4 guy.

kurgan.jpg

Yeah, Brown's pretty big, but keep in mind the the dude to his left is not in the background, but actually standing next to him. He doesn't even come up to his shoulder! :P

You know nothing about US banking. Now give me a pack of Marlboros and some matches. Thank you. Come again Apu.

you need to cào nǐ mā to get the cash to pay for it .

You may have spent may years but obviously not in an important enough position to know such stuff. Else you won't be talking this BS!

Yes many banks are on legacy systems. No one claimed otherwise.

Many of them are shifting to the modern systems provided by Indian vendors.

Here is the map of just Finacle customers.

customer_map.jpg

Checkout the case studies.

Finacle - Customers | Case Studies

And now go and eat your words back in your loud mouth.

I see a primitive small mind at work here.

Don't worry, you probably still have a chance to recover.

Just adding my 2 cents,

I'm a Business developer for a major investment bank and we have never heard of Finacle but this is not to say its not successful but I believe its a consumer bank application and not designed for investment bank systems. It appears Finacle's customers are primarily consumer banks and not investment banks or Wealth management companies.

The Bank and many bank like mine i.e UBS, Barclays, RBS etc use legacy system (IBM mainframe applications) which have been bolted on with various subsystems. A few other notable companies which do supply investment banks are Temenos, Smartstream etc.

Currently we are redesigning the system to away from the legacy system but are no means going to another vendor, our system is in house built from ground up (similar to what other banks are doing). This done not because we cannot find a vendor to do so but because most vendors charge exorbitant fees for changes, usage, maintained etc and our systems are very complex with direct connections to stock market exchanges and custodians around the world so once its in place it will be in use for a good 10 - 15 years, lesson learnt reliance on a software vendor is not a good long term bet for the bank.

In short I believe Aramsogo has not come across this software mainly because he works with an investment bank and not a consumer bank and might never will, any good investment bank with foresight will always try to develop their own systems.

Other reason why we choose certain software are also pending on the market cap of the company in case we need to sue if the system has gone down during market hours, it has happened and our losses amount to millions by the minute.

Just adding my 2 cents,

I'm a Business developer for a major investment bank and we have never heard of Finacle but this is not to say its not successful but I believe its a consumer bank application and not designed for investment bank systems. It appears Finacle's customers are primarily consumer banks and not investment banks or Wealth management companies.

The Bank and many bank like mine i.e UBS, Barclays, RBS etc use legacy system (IBM mainframe applications) which have been bolted on with various subsystems. A few other notable companies which do supply investment banks are Temenos, Smartstream etc.

Currently we are redesigning the system to away from the legacy system but are no means going to another vendor, our system is in house built from ground up (similar to what other banks are doing). This done not because we cannot find a vendor to do so but because most vendors charge exorbitant fees for changes, usage, maintained etc and our systems are very complex with direct connections to stock market exchanges and custodians around the world so once its in place it will be in use for a good 10 - 15 years, lesson learnt reliance on a software vendor is not a good long term bet for the bank.

In short I believe Aramsogo has not come across this software mainly because he works with an investment bank and not a consumer bank and might never will, any good investment bank with foresight will always try to develop their own systems.

Other reason why we choose certain software are also pending on the market cap of the company in case we need to sue if the system has gone down during market hours, it has happened and our losses amount to millions by the minute.

Not surprising since legacy systems are more secure.

Not surprising since legacy systems are more secure.

Well they've been around since we moved from excel sheet instruction to automatic trading & settlement, I believe during those days only the big boys could support the IT roll out on such a scale.

Yeah because of the high unit cost of computing and support equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom