What's new

China's Ghost Cities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indians talking about child labor in China is like the poor beggar in the slums, laughing at a businessman that walks by for driving an Audi instead of a Rolls Royce!

In summer I have my lawn mowed twice a month by a kid in the neighbourhood. Is the child laboring a serious problem in the States?

and you call us in denial.

no,how much work can a boy or a girl his age do,his parents can fill 50 baskets of rocks by the time he does one,why would anybody pay for that if its child labour show other pics but that is surely faked just for sensationalization

Per capita matters for sh*t in infrastructure construction. a high speed train carries 1 person just as well as it does 1000. total is what matters. This isn't the government's money anyways, it's all private construction companies.

Now what's actually a waste is the tax breaks to foreign enterprises. They'll invest here for the market even if the CEO has to cut off his own leg, why do we need to give them special tax breaks?
Oh the HSR man arrives :)
Per capita matters in this argument especially when it involves govt spending. I am referring to the money the govt has invested in town planning, public infrastructure for the city, govt buildings and its upkeep and maintenance, electricity for keeping the empty infrastructure running and so on.... and although the private construction companies did build the houses, they must have borrowed the money from the centralised banks which again goes back to the govt money.

It is a waste of money in my opinion, but it should also serve as a classic case for the govt to prevent from over spending on such infrastructure without proper study or demand analysis.

Yeah... I guess the governments sometimes work in mysterious ways :) ... I could also give several examples in my country where big projects had to be scrapped midway after someone in the govt got questioned on their decision and both parties went to the court.

Well I hope a property bust does not happen in China especially since it will have a widespread repercussion around the world. It is a significant economy today and the effects will be felt worldwide.

I know I just a property in Singapore too lol a burst in China will not be good for me, I doubt any big burst would happen because if it did the CPC position of power will be jeopardized so they will do whats needed to avoid that and so far their track record is commendable.

Also ignore the trolls mate. I'm trying!

Because of the single child policy, no way the child labor would be rampant in China.

All the Chinese parents treat their only child like little prince and little princess.

miss the point.............Singapore construction worker are mostly migrant workers, there are no Children to begin with. And for a rich country like Singapore, even having their prince and princess close to these site will get some serious yelling from their parents.

Indians talking about child labor in China is like the poor beggar in the slums, laughing at a businessman that walks by for driving an Audi instead of a Rolls Royce!
Of ocurse, there is child labour in India and many other countries.

I wonder if talking about reality is a taboo.

Something like not being allowed to talk of nights in the Land of the Midnight Sun when the sun shines throughout!

The issue is not in the degree of failure, but that the failure exists............... and no running away from it.

Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones, goes the adage.

All reports of Child Labour in China are from HOng Kong, including the detailed survey.

Are they false?

Because of the single child policy, no way the child labor would be rampant in China.

All the Chinese parents treat their only child like little prince and little princess.

So, the reports of Hong KOng are false and concocted?

really?

indians wanna talk about child labor?

just go to your red light district

Some certain losers think that "degree" does not matter, when in fact it is all that matters.

if you don’t look at "degree", then Iraq and USA have fought to a standstill! after all, US killed iraqi soldiers, Iraq killed US soldiers. US shot down iraqi planes, Iraq shot down US planes. No difference right :lol:

A property bubble in china and building of Ghost towns as a method of "fudging" GDP is a serious issue. It effects every one because to a great extent, great quantities of Iron ore that is used in China's construction also comes from India along with Australia and other countries.

Who is providing the Credit to the Constructors ? Many of the Chinese banks have bad debts which actually pale Citi group which is perhaps the worst of the US banks in terms of debt to capital ratio. But the Chinese banks are prompted by the Government to give credit to these projects. It is more like the AIG scheme where it used its credit-worthiness for Credit Default Swaps, initially making money and ultimately "bankrupting" the entire organization.

Sooner or later, the reality will set in, if these properties are unoccupied either by sale or rent, it is going to hurt many people, in this case probably the taxpayers of the entire country and more.

Chinese property bubble - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please judge my post for its content, not by my nationality.

Thank you

really?

indians wanna talk about child labor?

just go to your red light district

It is unfortunate that these kinds of diversion tactics are being used in stead of the topic of thread. There are many threads discussing poverty, child-labor, prostitution, HIV/AIDS in India. You can certainly go those threads to blow off the smoke.

Plz answer my question:
In addition to Erdos and Zhengzhou, Has China the third ghost town?

Two errors in the real estate investors, They can represent the whole of China?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom