What's new

China's first manual space docking being successful

im so happy!!!
congrats to our taikonauts, especially Liu Wang!

i was very nervous.
big relief now after the successful mission.
wonderful day!

another tick in the box as one of our accomplishments.

[this success made me very happy and proud after i was in a very angry mood and hurt by the recent New York Times article slandering our economy].
They have been claiming China’s collapse in the last 62 years, However we are becoming stronger and stronger,richer and richer in the last 62 years,So let‘s ignore these haters and run straight to
China’s re-rising and enjoy our “collapsing:P”

they are already working with scottish university designing new docking systems and other space mechatronic related fro china future space station.

im so happy!!!
congrats to our taikonauts, especially Liu Wang!

Don't forget the thousands of engineers and researchers on the ground, it's a career that requires they and their families to live on site, a sacrifice few would be willing to make if one's goal in life is of financial gains alone. I feel greatly inspired even though my own field of profession is insignificant in the grand theme of things by comparison. Cheers!

China's first manual space docking successful

131672625_21n.jpg

BEIJING, June 24 (Xinhua) -- Three Chinese astronauts Sunday successfully completed a manual docking between Shenzhou-9 spacecraft and the orbiting Tiangong-1 lab module, the first such attempt in China's history of space exploration.

It means China has completely grasped space rendezvous and docking technologies and the country is fully capable of transferring humans and cargo to an orbiter in space, which is essential for building a space station.

Astronaut Liu Wang, assisted by his teammates Jing Haipeng and Liu Yang, controlled the Shenzhou-9 spacecraft to dock with the Tiangong-1 space lab module at 12:42 p.m.

The Shenzhou-9 spacecraft and Tiangong-1 lab module has been conjoined again.

About one and half hours before the docking, Shenzhou-9 parted from Tiangong-1 to the berth point 400 meters away from the module.

To leave room for adjustment, engineers set up four berth points for the spaceship on the same orbit five km, 400 meters, 140 meters and 30 meters away from the orbiting lab.

The spacecraft and the space lab were joined together by an automated docking on June 18. Shenzhou-9 was sent into space on June 16 from a launch center in northwest China's Gobi desert.

A highly sophisticated space manoeuvre, manual docking requires the astronaut to link together two orbiters traveling at 7.8 kilometers a second in space without a hitch.

The astronauts will return to Tiangong-1 lab module from Shenzhou-9 spacecraft hours after the manual docking procedure to continue with experiments and research in space.

China's first manual space docking successful - Xinhua | English.news.cn

congrats.

They have been claiming China’s collapse in the last 62 years, However we are becoming stronger and stronger,richer and richer in the last 62 years,So let‘s ignore these haters and run straight to
China’s re-rising and enjoy our “collapsing:P”

well said, couldn't have put it better myself. we need to use their hate as motivation to get better and better and improve ourselves.

Don't forget the thousands of engineers and researchers on the ground, it's a career that requires they and their families to live on site, a sacrifice few would be willing to make if one's goal in life is of financial gains alone. I feel greatly inspired even though my own field of profession is insignificant in the grand theme of things by comparison. Cheers!

oh yes, i completely agree with you.
those scientists, engineers and researchers are the backbone.
without them all these things would not be possible.

i really hope these achievements both in space and deepsea motivates the younger generations watching on tv and we get more scientists and engineers and hopefully our own steve jobs and bill gates in the future. i remember i read somewhere that steve jobs and bill gates were both inspired by america's space mission when they were growing up.

So we have basically mastered all the space techniques that USA/USSR possessed during the Cold War with our own modern technologies, except the Moon Landing.

These techniques are the national top secrets for them, you cannot buy it, but only exploring it by yourself. :coffee:

Next step Moon land !

I am expecting Chinese moon land, 2020.:china:

Taikonaut Liu Wang was the controller of the docking exercise.

The standard docking allows a margin of errors of 4 degrees. This manual exercise was able to accomplish the docking within an error of 1 degree and the time was shortened by 3 minutes!

They are able to communicate with the ground control through e-mail on top of live TV transmission both ways!

The Taikonauts will be back to earth in 4-5 days time! Best wishes and well done!

Its Liu Yang.

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom