What's new

China's English skills have surpassed India!

davidson

BANNED
Reaction score
January 18, 2012

Despite its British colonial legacy and reputation as an English-speaking nation, India is today no more proficient in English than rapidly-improving China.

Emerging market giant China has pipped neighbouring rival India in English language proficiency skills, despite the South Asian nation's strong colonial legacy, according to a new study by Education First (EF), the world's largest privately held education company.

EF: China's English skills have surpassed India

English Proficiency Stronger In China Than In India

EPI.png

Well according the figures China has jusssst edged India

Götterdämmerung;2520125 said:
That's so true! Whe I was a student, I used to work for the Hanover Fair and my colleagues and I really had difficulties understanding Indians speaking English. :D

Same with Chinese accent of speaking English, Chinese generally pronounce "North" as "Norse" and there are many words like this. :blink:

question is why are sooper dooper chinese learning english to go abroad..

Götterdämmerung;2520125 said:
That's so true! Whe I was a student, I used to work for the Hanover Fair and my colleagues and I really had difficulties understanding Indians speaking English. :D

Not surprising, even we had great difficulties understanding German collaborators trying to speak English. And it was worse with Sino-Deutsch speakers.

Same with Chinese accent of speaking English, Chinese generally pronounce "North" as "Norse" and there are many words like this. :blink:

Yeah, but I never expect a Chinese to speak proper English anyway, because they never claim to be an English speaking nation. But you are right, some Chinese have a really funny accent, actually, they speak Chinese and think it's English. :D

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Not surprising, even we had great difficulties understanding German collaborators trying to speak English. And it was worse with Sino-Deutsch speakers.

I know my landsleute, zei sbeak wiz zees weary heavy accent. but I can ensure you, that I speak the typical London accent. ;)

American English is my native language. I think the Indian English accent is hardest to understand. When talking to people with very thick Indian accents sound, I often have to keep having them repeat what they said, and often I still can't understand what they said.

Frankly speaking ,i don`t like speaking english with native Indian people ,it`s totally a painful experience , don`t understand why they speak like that?

American English is my native language. I think the Indian English accent is hardest to understand. When talking to people with very thick Indian accents sound, I often have to keep having them repeat what they said, and often I still can't understand what they said.

Frankly speaking ,i don`t like speaking english with native Indian people ,it`s totally a painful experience , don`t understand why they speak like that?

Don't understand why a Chinese is hiding behind an American Flag either.

If you were a real American you would know who 'native Indian people' are.

American English is my native language.

It's a mark of disrespect to your native language: mandarin.

Ok.. understandable. Lot's of other chinese abroad try to disown their chinese background.

Almost everyone changes their true name e.g. Li becomes Lily. :laugh:

Btw. what does davidson come from??

Back
Top Bottom