What's new

China's English skills have surpassed India!

I am 100% white man, MY grandfather was born a british national and became an American citizen in 1938 :usflag:

Yeah whatever you say dude... then tell me how you developed the obsession with India...did your job got 'Banglored'.

602px-Unlabeled_Renatto_Luschan_Skin_color_map.svg.png

Human skin color

Human skin color - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Götterdämmerung;2520157 said:
Yeah, but I never expect a Chinese to speak proper English anyway, because they never claim to be an English speaking nation. But you are right, some Chinese have a really funny accent, actually, they speak Chinese and think it's English. :D

The accent is not only the problem with Indians or Chinese, it is with other countries also. I have heard English of Spanish people and they is also many time un-comprehensible. German language sounds very Harsh but I had a colleague from Dusseldorf, he used to speak very sweet English. Have you ever heard German in Indian accent.

OK davidson, Cut the crap. Sick Joke man.
70% of the chinese I ve met here dont know how to converse in english properly.

Talk about ground realities, not fake statistics coming out of china.

So you forget indian generally pronounce "t" as "d" like pronouncing "to do" as "du do" ?

there are no words that indians can pronounce wrong..our languages are phonetic and we write what we read and we read what we write...our accent is different because many of us go to pronounce spellings as they seem to be pronounced...

So you forget indian generally pronounce "t" as "d" like pronouncing "to do" as "du do" ?

We don't pronounce t as d you may have problem in Understanding because Pinyin has no pronunciation of letter t and I have seen Chinese pronouncing t as d. But we do pronounce th as θ and different from British/US pronunciation but British/US don't know how to pronounce θ properly. Like word "youth" may sound like "Yoot" to US/British and I saw Spanish people too pronounce "Youth" same like Indian way.

We Indians do pronounce t and d in two ways, one similar to what Arabs/Spanish pronounce and other way like British/US.

The accent is not only the problem with Indians or Chinese, it is with other countries also. I have heard English of Spanish people and they is also many time un-comprehensible. German language sounds very Harsh but I had a colleague from Dusseldorf, he used to speak very sweet English. Have you ever heard German in Indian accent.

I can tell you stories of Spanish people speaking English. It was like that:

Me: Excuse me, do you speak English?

Spanish guy: Yes

Me: Oh great, I'm looking for the XYZ-Place, how do I get there?

Spanish guy: yes, si ... que a partir de ahora hasta la siguiente intersección, gire a la izquierda, si, si ...

Me: Que? :blink:

I have an Indian friends who grew up in Germany and he doesn't have any Indian accent at all.

Are you a extraterrestrial creature spared from British rule. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are we Germans extraterrestrian creatures as well, as the Brits never rule us as well. In fact we have been ruling the UK for centuries. Just look at the real family name of the British crown: Saxe-Coburg and Gothar, and before that the House of Hanover. So, it was us Germans who actually ruled over India. ;)

Götterdämmerung;2520361 said:
Are we Germans extraterrestrian creatures as well, as the Brits never rule us as well. In fact we have been ruling the UK for centuries. Just look at the real family name of the British crown: Saxe-Coburg and Gothar, and before that the House of Hanover. So, it was us Germans who actually ruled over India. ;)

Germans were Ruled by Italians. :agree:

Back
Top Bottom