What's new

China will remain 'forever friends' with Pakistan: Wen Jiabao

Pakistanis desperately looking for their new master and Chine seems to be the most suitable candidate for this prestigious post.

Some of our Chinese friends suggest Pakistan should get HQ-9 missiles immediately to shoot down US raid, the problem is our corrupt politicans will NOT authorize or nod to military. What do you suggest?

The problem is that our politicians are right ( who will ever believe that in Pakistan the corrupt army Generals need any kind of permission from the civilian govenment, but just for the sake of the argument) and your are wrong. We don't need these toys which will at he end fall on the Pakistani civilians, we need money to invest in our education, infrastructure, health facilities and police. Enough money has been wasted to buy toys for our good-for-nothing "Pak" army.

Prestigious post? as prestige as your user name: an Indian prince?
Porus (Indian prince) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia

Every person whose knowledge is solely based on the information taken from Wiki cannot be taken seriously. Porus was a prince of the valley of Indus, which is now called Pakistan, understand? And I like your signature, please explain it to our emotional and juvenile Pakistani friends here.

Every person whose knowledge is solely based on the information taken from Wiki cannot be taken seriously. Porus was a prince of the valley of Indus, which is now called Pakistan, understand? And I like your signature, please explain it to our emotional and juvenile Pakistani friends here.

Yes, so true, no need to take me seriously with my WIKI source :lol:, i believe you whole heartedly, sorry for my ignorance. :tup:

Yes, so true, no need to take me seriously with my WIKI source :lol:, i believe you whole heartedly, sorry for my ignorance. :tup:

Ok, you quoted Encyclopaedia Britannica, I must have overlooked it. But it still doesn't change the fact that I mentioned in my previous post.

The problem is that our politicians are right ( who will ever believe that in Pakistan the corrupt army Generals need any kind of permission from the civilian govenment, but just for the sake of the argument) and your are wrong. We don't need these toys which will at he end fall on the Pakistani civilians, we need money to invest in our education, infrastructure, health facilities and police. Enough money has been wasted to buy toys for our good-for-nothing "Pak" army.

Yes, we should encourage on eductaion, hospital, public/private school, infrastructure, roads, investments, stable lifestyles, warefares, electricity....Our corrupt politicans is doing mismanagment system for many years. I always wish Pakistan's next Japan but obviously some internal issues that neeed to clean up completetly.

^The problem is that the corrupt army generals snatch every single penny away from the bhooki nangi awam and nothing left for us that can be invested in these "useless" projects. Right after the debacle of Abbottabad they demanded 50 billion PKR more to buy new toys, or may be to build new Defence Housing societies or Golf Courses.

China will remain 'forever friends' with Pakistan: Wen Jiabao

What IF China and India solve their differences and get close to each other and become friends, what possible effect that might have on pak-china relationship?

Dont forget that I said IF, so they might or might not be able to put aside their differences, but if they do then that question of mine will be valid.

Awww that's so cute :smitten:

Now when will china help pakistan with its terrorism problem and economic growth?

wow, really a quite sarcastic news report. It seem that not only the rest of the world but also the normal Pakistanis themselves have been fed up with the never-ending begging habit of their politicians and army.

Farrukh Saleem
ISLAMABAD: On 21 May 1951, Pakistan, after breaking relations with the Republic of China, was among the first few countries that established diplomatic relations with the People’s Republic of China. Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani and Premier Wen Jiabao are ostensibly participating in the year-long observance of the 60th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations.
Pakistan, with its prime minister 3,876 kilometres away from Islamabad, is in a state of war on economic as well as half a dozen military fronts. On May 18, Gilani and Premier Jiabao met on the sidelines of the 60th anniversary for a meeting, which is being termed as strategically important for both countries.
Less than ten days from today, our Ministry of Finance is expected to publicly disclose that the government of Pakistan intends to spend around Rs3 trillion during fiscal 2011-12. The ministry, at the same time, will acknowledge that government’s internal resources will be a full trillion rupees less than government’s stream of expenditures.
Gilani is in Beijing for budgetary support. Pakistan’s traditional lenders are the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the World Bank (WB) each contributing 44 percent and 37 percent, respectively, to our entire loan bowl.
Gilani is in Beijing with the biggest begging bowl Jiabao has ever seen in his sixty-eight years. Historically, the highest grant assistance that comes to Pakistan comes from the US that contributes around 38 percent of our entire grant pool. Next comes Saudi Arabia that donates 19 percent followed by the UK at 18 percent and Japan at 8 percent.
Jiabao will not give what Gilani wants — budgetary support. China has foreign exchange reserves of over $3 trillion and Gilani is asking for only a couple of billions but China, as a matter of policy, does not dole out dollars for budgetary support.
China built the 1,300 kilometres Karakoram Highway and China doled out $198 million for the Gwadar Port. Jiabao is willing to invest even more in Pakistan’s infrastructure but Jiabao will not give what Gilani is asking for.
Gilani has air defence equipment — especially for our western borders — on his agenda as well. To be certain, Pakistan is critically short on modern air defence systems. Our man-portable air defence systems, like FIM-92 Stinger and FIM-43 Redeye, depend on the US manufacturers. Our Oerlikon 35mm twin cannons have an effective range of only 4,000 meters.
Since 2004, Uncle Sam’s MQ-1 Predators and MQ-9 Reapers have been raining hellfire missiles into Pakistan’s wild west. So far, there have been a total of 241 strikes and some of those strikes have killed IMU (Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan) fighters along with Uighur militants. Would Jiabao help Pakistan down a drone? Would Jiabao go against the rest of world to help us out?

What IF China and India solve their differences and get close to each other and become friends, what possible effect that might have on pak-china relationship?

Dont forget that I said IF, so they might or might not be able to put aside their differences, but if they do then that question of mine will be valid.

I think soon it will happen... But we have to wait and watch.. No one can judge precisely what will happen in the future..

Wen Jiabao: Confident of India-China ties

Doubt it'll last. Pakistan and India are too stubborn to accept Kashmir as an independent state or even as status quo. India gets pissed whenever terrorists are spawn into India, therefore their immediate accusation will always point to Pakistan. Pakistan on the other hand has some sort of issue with India's water policy which they may be diverting the water by building dams, which I think may be the cause of a next Indo-Pak war. (just my thoughts.. not wishing any of this will happen)

Back
Top Bottom