What's new

China will remain 'forever friends' with Pakistan: Wen Jiabao

Key point if anyone missing: “I wish to stress here that no matter what changes might take place in the international landscape, China and Pakistan will remain forever good neighbours, good friends, good partners and good brothers

Pakistan has always supported China, even when we were being excluded by the International community, even during the times when we had very few friends in the world.

We will always remember that. :cheers:

Good friends stick with each other, especially in difficult times.

For my Pakistani brothers who are worried about the state of their country... you should know that China too has been suffering, for most of the past 200 years. We were treated as slaves by the West, exploited and humilated.

But we eventually found our way out of these bad times, and we are doing very well for ourselves.

And I know that Pakistan can do the same thing that we did, all you need is some strong leadership. :tup:

Chinese-Dragon/Others,
I want to know what kind of relations Pakistan had with China when India and China were 'brothers', before the 1959 deterioration of Indo-China relations? I know there were 'Hind-Chini Bhai Bhai' slogans (India-China Brothers) and the 'Panj sheel'.

Chinese-Dragon/Others,
I want to know what kind of relations Pakistan had with China when India and China were 'brothers', before the 1959 deterioration of Indo-China relations? I know there were 'Hind-Chini Bhai Bhai' slogans (India-China Brothers) and the 'Panj sheel'.

We were never friendly with India. It was Nehru who made up the "Hindi Chini bhai bhai" slogan (notice that China never said it in return), right before they backstabbed us in 1959, by hosting our largest separatist group, immediately after a failed violent uprising.

India was always unhappy with Chinese rule over Tibet. Since the very beginning, they sought to turn Tibet into a "buffer zone" against China.

As for your other question: Pakistan was the very first Muslim country in the world to recognize the PRC, after we won the civil war. Pakistan has stood by us since then, even when the rest of the world was against us.

No other ally of China has been as reliable as Pakistan, no other ally has supported us so consistently. And none are more geostrategically important to us either.

But we eventually found our way out of these bad times, and we are doing very well for ourselves.

And I know that Pakistan can do the same thing that we did, all you need is some strong leadership.

China found its way out of its "bad times" by embracing very hard work and mastering many technologies through education and dedication. China was not weighed down by backward religious voices and groups. If Pakistan wants to have China's success it needs to become as hardworking and as MODERN as China.

China found its way out of its "bad times" by embracing very hard work and mastering many technologies through education and dedication. China was not weighed down by backward religious voices and groups. If Pakistan wants to have China's success it needs to become as hardworking and as MODERN as China.

There is no short cut to hard work. Pakistan needs to learn from China. Education is the key to success.

I wouldn't say Pakistan is doing too badly. It's improving and made good developments. It's in the news a lot more because there's a high profile war going on in its region so there's bound to be instability.

There are some crazies/fundies which every nation has. The US has many.

Long Live the Friendship bond that unites people of Pakistan and China -

china-pakistan-irritant.jpg

china-flag.jpg

attachment.php

Pakistan assured of firm support

All-weather friendship to help Islamabad get through difficulties

BEIJING - Premier Wen Jiabao on Wednesday assured his visiting Pakistani counterpart of China's strong support for its "all-weather partner", which has faced international pressure in the aftermath of the US killing of Osama bin Laden.

"Pakistan has made huge sacrifices and an important contribution to the international fight against terrorism," Wen said when meeting Yousuf Raza Gilani at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing, adding that he hopes the international community will understand Islamabad's efforts.

"Pakistan's independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity must be respected," Wen said.

China was making an all-out effort to support Pakistan and help it "get through its difficulties", Wen said, adding Beijing was encouraging Chinese companies to invest in Pakistan.

Gilani arrived in Shanghai on Tuesday night for a four-day official visit to celebrate the 60th anniversary of diplomatic relations on May 21, as well as the "China-Pakistan Friendship Year".

The visit will also serve to boost trade and investment in infrastructure.

The visit, though planned long before the US raid on May 2 in Abbottabad, Pakistan, that killed the al-Qaida leader, now carries increased significance amid uncertainties in the region.

Following the raid, Islamabad was the focus of criticism in the US for its alleged failure to fight terror, prompting some US legislators to call for a reduction in financial assistance.

Wen reiterated that China and Pakistan will always maintain close ties.

"I wish to stress here that no matter what changes might

take place in the international landscape, China and Pakistan will remain forever good neighbors, good friends, good partners and good brothers," Wen told Gilani.

In response, Gilani told Wen that Pakistan appreciates China's long-term support and assistance.

He noted that China was the first country, after the US raid, to show its support to Pakistan and its people.

On May 2, Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu praised Pakistan for its anti-terror efforts.

The country has been "at the forefront" of the international fight against terrorism, and its government has been dedicated to the cause, she told a regular news briefing, adding that Islamabad's anti-terror measures have been "forceful".

Even before arriving in China, Gilani praised the close ties between the two countries.

"We appreciate that in all difficult circumstances China has stood with Pakistan - therefore we call China a true friend and a time-tested and all-weather friend," he told the media before leaving for China.

The two leaders, after their meeting, officiated at a signing ceremony for three deals on economic and technology cooperation and cross-border banking crisis management.

Gilani is also scheduled to meet President Hu Jintao and speak at Peking University.

Pakistani ministers for defense and interior affairs are accompanying Gilani on the visit.

Sun Shihai, an expert on South Asian studies at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, said Wen's remarks will enhance Pakistan's confidence in counter-terrorism operations.

Sun also noted that days before Gilani's China visit, Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari made his first official visit to Russia and won Russian President Dmitry Medvedev's promise to further cooperate with Pakistan in fighting terror.

The New York Times reported on Tuesday that "Pakistan is using it (Gilani's visit) to hint that China is an alternative source of security and economic aid - a reassuring message for a nation angered and humiliated by the covert American raid that killed Osama bin Laden".

However, Pang Zhongying, professor of Renmin University of China, said there will not be a sharp shift in the triangular relationship among Beijing, Washington and Islamabad. "All of them share common interests in fighting terror," he said.

China Daily

Pakistan assured of firm support

:pakistan::china::pakistan::china:
Long Live Pakistan-China Friendship

"Hindi Chini bhai bhai" might had been a hoax to smoke China, from later development of the border war.

Nehru has poisoned the whole Indo-Sino relationship history to some extent, and thus a sad story of the whole south aisa.

we are very thankful to you ............. we owe you .................. and being a Pakistani i today promise i will be there to help you if there is any problem with you in any means ...... if i couldn't help you with my money my power then my word will be there to support you everytime ..................... with love you can cut our throat we won't mind ...... we will love your love ......... and this is the message for USA ..... who tries to impose its policies on pakistan and people of pakistan ........... by force american cannot impose anything .......

in the end thanks china and thanks to the people of china ........... my marriage is in november i will plan for honey moon tour in china INSHALLAH

we are very thankful to you ............. we owe you .................. and being a Pakistani i today promise i will be there to help you if there is any problem with you in any means ...... if i couldn't help you with my money my power then my word will be there to support you everytime ..................... with love you can cut our throat we won't mind ...... we will love your love ......... and this is the message for USA ..... who tries to impose its policies on pakistan and people of pakistan ........... by force american cannot impose anything .......

in the end thanks china and thanks to the people of china ........... my marriage is in november i will plan for honey moon tour in china INSHALLAH

Congratulation bro, wishing you an everlasting happy marriage, have a nice honeymoon in China.:china::cheers::pakistan:

China, Pakistan reaffirm 'all-weather' friendship - People's Daily Online May 19, 2011

Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao and Pakistani Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani Wednesday reaffirmed their "all-weather" friendship as the two countries celebrate the 60th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic ties.

The two leaders held talks at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing Wednesday afternoon and pledged to "inject new vitality into the friendship and cooperation" between the two countries by celebrating the anniversary. This year is also the China-Pakistan Friendship Year, which was declared by Wen and Gilani during Wen's visit to Pakistan in December 2010.

Gilani is making a four-day visit to China, which is also a part of a series of celebration activities.

The bilateral ties between the two countries have withstood various tests since China and Pakistan forged diplomatic relations 60 years ago, and have yielded great dividends for the two peoples as well as made great contributions to peace and stability in Asia, Wen said during the talks with his Pakistani counterpart.

"Facing the changing international and regional situation, China is willing to work with Pakistan, give full play to the mechanism of annual meetings between state leaders and that of diplomatic consultations between the two countries to step up communication and cooperation, and safeguard our common interests as 'all-weather' strategic partners," said the Chinese Premier.

Wen said that Pakistan has made great sacrifices for and contributions to the global war against terrorism, urging the international community to understand and support Pakistan' s efforts to maintain domestic stability and advance the economic and social development.

"Pakistan' s independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity must be respected," he added.

Wen said that China is trying its best to help Pakistan in the post-disaster reconstruction. Last year, the South Asian country experienced its worst-ever floods in 80 years.

During the talks, Wen said that the two sides have identified infrastructure, energy and agriculture as priority areas of bilateral cooperation.

"The Chinese government encourages Chinese enterprises in expanding their investment in Pakistan and boosting cooperation with the Pakistani side in terms of trade, finance and technology," he said.

"I want to stress that no matter how the international situation changes, China and Pakistan will always be good neighbors, friends, partners and brothers," Wen added.

Gilani echoed Wen' s remarks and praised China as "the most reliable friend and all-weather strategic partner."

Gilani thanked the Chinese government and Chinese people for their selfless help and support to the Pakistani side.

Pakistan is willing to work together with China to step up bilateral cooperation in infrastructure, energy, agriculture, investment, trade,finance and people-to-people exchanges, as well as their coordination and cooperation in international and regional affairs, and take advantage of the anniversary to push the Pakistan-China strategic partnership of cooperation to a new high.

After the talks, the two leaders witnessed the signing of three cooperative documents between the two countries, including an agreement on economic and technical cooperation between the two countries, an Amendment to the Memorandum of Understanding on Crisis Management between the China Banking Regulatory Commission (CBRC) and the State Bank of Pakistan, and Addendum No. 2 to the Lease Contract Sanduck Copper-Gold Project for Extension between Metallurgical Corporation of China Ltd and Sanduck Metals Ltd.

Liu Mingkang, chairman of the CBRC, said the amendment between the bank and the State Bank of Pakistan is a very important agreement, as it allows the two sides to strengthen coordination, exchange information and make joint efforts to tackle crises together.

Source: Xinhua

When a country says we are "for-ever" friends of another country, watch out! Such forever friendships are over before the ink dries.

China and Pak will be ignoring the global history if they believe in "For-ever" friendship. Because there is none!

Countries come closer when their interests match, and they move away otherwise. No two people not even brothers in a family can keep their interests exactly matched forever.

peace.

Back
Top Bottom