What's new

China to Trounce U.S. in Next Decade

And same here mate. Do you think there aren't enough articles about China's problems like Repression, Public protests in different provinces, Occupation of Mongolia and Tibet, Human Rights violation, Censors on Facbook and internet?

Just be happy, according to Merril Lynch, it will take 18 years for India's economy to reach where China's economy is today.

So in 18 years, you can have poor countries laugh at you, for still being poor, even though they are far behind themselves.

And they won't feel any hypocrisy at all.

Just be happy, according to Merril Lynch, it will take 18 years for India's economy to reach where China's economy is today.

So in 18 years, you can have poor countries laugh at you, for still being poor, even though they are far behind themselves.

And they won't feel any hypocrisy at all.

What you said doesn't make sense but then again You're our good ol' certified troll Chinese-Dragon so kinda expected from you. :)

I've got to go because I actually have social life, I don't sit around on some forum and try and prove something to someone who is used to getting information from State-controlled media and state manipulated figures. :) So, just to stop this argument I'll say 'Yeah whatever you say is right.' And now you can blab and have the last comment like you always have. :)

LMAO Typical Chinese Dragon. The same link you provided says according to 'World Bank' [UN organisation] says India's economy is 1.7 trillion. :)

And same here mate. Do you think there aren't enough articles about China's problems like Repression, Public protests in different provinces, Occupation of Mongolia and Tibet, Human Rights violation, Censors on Facbook and internet?

If one is truthful there is no dearth of material to show the warts that China has and how lopsided the whole issue of modernisation is.

The negative effects of rapid modernisation for the sake of modernisation without concern for the ecology and social consequences is visiting China and there is no running away from the fact.

For instance, mining is not an area that can awe the world and hence not showcased. It is in remote areas and so is not the focal point of observers. Hence, a case of 'out of sight, so out of mind'. The mining safety is appalling and the reality of the disaster is never exposed in detail or discussed.

I would not blame the Chinese for Repression, Public protests in different provinces, Occupation of Mongolia and Tibet, Human Rights violation, Censors on Facbook and internet. It is the effect of a country of abject deprivation of the Mao era to sudden riches of the post Deng reformation. The dazzle encourages the mindset to refuse fo accept or even acknowledge the negative aspects lest it means losing face. Very natural!

Therefore, while China has made great strides, it is not without its problems, most of which are not highlighted or even remotely acknowledged by the Chinese.

The nearest comparison to explain the situation would be the story of the Emperor without his clothes or is it The Emperor's New Clothes? I remember that it was written by Hans Christian Andersen.

So, just to stop this argument I'll say 'Yeah whatever you say is right.' And now you can blab and have the last comment like you always have. :)

That's because you actually can't respond, because India cannot compare with China, on almost every single economic indicator. :P

It is like the "more poor in India than Africa" argument, Indian members simply cannot respond to that.

You can do what the other Indian members do in this situation, and get yourself a suicide-troll account, to hurl racial abuse at us. As we've seen even in this thread.

Since there is no way to win the argument with actual data. :azn:

Lol, a trillion here, a trillion there, soon your talking about real money.
(an old quote, originally billion):cheesy:

But compared to the US annual GDP, 14.6 trillion or 14.8 trillion doesn't really matter that much.

However, when it comes to your govt budget, 0.2 trillion is a lot of money. It can be either infrastructure or military investment.

That's because you actually can't respond, because India cannot compare with China, on almost every single economic indicator. :P

It is like the "more poor in India than Africa" argument, Indian members simply cannot respond to that.

You can do what the other Indian members do in this situation, and get yourself a suicide-troll account, to hurl racial abuse at us. As we've seen even in this thread.

Since there is no way to win the argument with actual data. :azn:

Could we take the same refrain as you take - it was written by a WESTERNER?

How is India poor than Africa?

Do provide the parameters used to derive the statistics.

Is our GDP less than the countries of Africa?

That would be news!

Why should anyone hurl racial abuses at the Chinese?

I don't think they have any deformities/ serious negative attributes in any manner that should invite racial abuse.

But compared to the US annual GDP, 14.6 trillion or 14.8 trillion doesn't really matter that much.

However, when it comes to your govt budget, 0.2 trillion is a lot of money. It can be either infrastructure or military investment.

Lol, I was joking, it is early here. (but you are right)
(did I say early? Cripes, it is past 1:00pm, better leave soon!)

Could we take the same refrain as you take - it was written by a WESTERNER?

Completely different scenario. :P

The article in the OP was an "opinion piece" by a Westerner. It deals with predictions about the future, rather than present-day facts.

And I personally disagreed with the article in the OP.

This BBC article however, provides actual numbers, not opinions:

BBC News - More poor in India than Africa

From the United Nations Human Development Report.

What are the empiricals that the BBC worked out on?

It is quite silent about that.

It is like stating the Chinese are sinking!

Further, it is nice that you are quoting the BBC and CNN. I thought they told all 'lies' about China and so they are blacked out in China!!

What prompts the change of heart?

Btw there are several good sources that India will outgrow China in a decade time.

Like I said in my post, it was from the from the United Nations Human Development Report. :wave:

Thank you my Chinese friend.

But please take time out to read this on statistics and models.

This is about the UN Report on AIDS in India and Africa and its veracity.

We all know, thanks to Mark Twain, that statistics are often the lowest form of lie, but when it comes to HIV/Aids, we suspend all scepticism. Why? Aids is the most political disease ever. We have been fighting about it since the day it was identified. The key battleground is public perception, and the most deadly weapon is the estimate. When the virus first emerged, I was living in America, where HIV incidence was estimated to be doubling every year or so. Every time I turned on the TV, Madonna popped up to warn me that ‘Aids is an equal-opportunity killer’, poised to break out of the drug and gay subcultures and slaughter heterosexuals. In 1985, a science journal estimated that 1.7 million Americans were already infected, with ‘three to five million’ soon likely to follow suit. Oprah Winfrey told the nation that by 1990 ‘one in five heterosexuals will be dead of Aids’.

We now know that these estimates were vastly and indeed deliberately exaggerated, but they achieved the desired end: Aids was catapulted to the top of the West’s spending agenda, and the estimators turned their attention elsewhere. India’s epidemic was likened to ‘a volcano waiting to explode’. Africa faced ‘a tidal wave of death’. By 1992 they were estimating that ‘Aids could clear the whole planet’.

Who were they, these estimators? For the most part, they worked in Geneva for WHO or UNAIDS, using a computer simulator called Epimodel. Every year, all over Africa, blood would be taken from a small sample of pregnant women and screened for signs of HIV infection. The results would be programmed into Epimodel, which transmuted them into estimates. If so many women were infected, it followed that a similar proportion of their husbands and lovers must be infected, too. These numbers would be extrapolated out into the general population, enabling the computer modellers to arrive at seemingly precise tallies of the doomed, the dying and the orphans left behind.
Africa isn’t dying of Aids

So, that much for motivated reports!'

Half baked knowledge and blind faith in the written word is not indicating the quality of intelligence to discern given by a good and composite education.

chal chal chal mere haathi,, o mere saathi
chal le chal khaTaaraa kheench ke

Educate yourself and don't troll!

Completely different scenario. :P

The article in the OP was an "opinion piece" by a Westerner. It deals with predictions about the future, rather than present-day facts.

And I personally disagreed with the article in the OP.

This BBC article however, provides actual numbers, not opinions:

BBC News - More poor in India than Africa

From the United Nations Human Development Report.

Tere khoon, khoon aur mere khoon pani?
Tere gam, gam aur mere gam kahani?

Your blood is blood, and my blood is water?
Your sorrow is sorrow and my sorrow is a fairy tale?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom