What's new

China to provide 4 new F-22P frigates to Pakistan

This is good news but here's my question. Is Pakistan getting long range or medium range SAMS too with VLS? The previous frigates have area defense short range missiles (sort of French Cotrale's copy), which is an older but capable system. Yet, it's not enough to defend these war ships. Pakistan needs long range SAMS (ideal scenario). Something that can hit - reach out to 100 miles or so, at the launching range or Air to Sea missiles by jets. I don't think in today's world, a jet really has to come within 10 KM of the war ship. That was WWII.....

10km is very decent range considering its the only long range SAM in PN the Mistral Manpads have range of 4KM. :D
Secondly F-22p is frigate not destroyer the best we can get is 16-cell HQ-16 VLS and that would be enough for PN and funny thing is if we get HQ-16 it will be first LR-SAM in Pakistan. :D

Which is the biggest ship operated by PN?

Name: Alamgir
Namesake: Alamgir
Acquired: 31 August 2010
General characteristics
Class & type: Oliver Hazard Perry-class frigate
Displacement: 4,100 long tons (4,200 t), full load
Length: 453 feet (138 m), overall
Beam: 45 feet (14 m)
Draft: 22 feet (6.7 m)
Propulsion: 2 × General Electric LM2500-30 gas turbines generating 41,000 shp (31 MW) through a single shaft and variable pitch propeller
2 × Auxiliary Propulsion Units, 350 hp (260 kW) retractable electric azimuth thrusters for maneuvering and docking.
Speed: over 29 knots (54 km/h)
Range: 5,000 nautical miles at 18 knots (9,300 km at 33 km/h)
Complement: 15 officers and 190 enlisted, plus SH-60 LAMPS detachment of roughly six officer pilots and 15 enlisted maintainers
Sensors and
processing systems: AN/SPS-49 air-search radar
AN/SPS-55 surface-search radar
CAS and STIR fire-control radar
AN/SQS-56 sonar.
Electronic warfare
& decoys: AN/SLQ-32

As built:
One OTO Melara Mk 75 76 mm/62 caliber naval gun
two Mk 32 triple-tube (324 mm) launchers for Mark 46 torpedoes
one Vulcan Phalanx CIWS; four .50-cal (12.7 mm) machine guns.
one Mk 13 Mod 4 single-arm launcher for Harpoon anti-ship missiles and SM-1MR Standard anti-ship/air missiles (40 round magazine).

Aircraft carried: 2 × SH-60 LAMPS III helicopters

@Imran Khan,
Bro,whats in the galley of an average PN Ship? Any idea about the dishes and facilities? Does the zulfiqar class frigate contains custom built galleys to suit pakistani taste?

Name: Alamgir
Namesake: Alamgir
Acquired: 31 August 2010
General characteristics
Class & type: Oliver Hazard Perry-class frigate
Displacement: 4,100 long tons (4,200 t), full load
Length: 453 feet (138 m), overall
Beam: 45 feet (14 m)
Draft: 22 feet (6.7 m)
Propulsion: 2 × General Electric LM2500-30 gas turbines generating 41,000 shp (31 MW) through a single shaft and variable pitch propeller
2 × Auxiliary Propulsion Units, 350 hp (260 kW) retractable electric azimuth thrusters for maneuvering and docking.
Speed: over 29 knots (54 km/h)
Range: 5,000 nautical miles at 18 knots (9,300 km at 33 km/h)
Complement: 15 officers and 190 enlisted, plus SH-60 LAMPS detachment of roughly six officer pilots and 15 enlisted maintainers
Sensors and
processing systems: AN/SPS-49 air-search radar
AN/SPS-55 surface-search radar
CAS and STIR fire-control radar
AN/SQS-56 sonar.
Electronic warfare
& decoys: AN/SLQ-32

As built:
One OTO Melara Mk 75 76 mm/62 caliber naval gun
two Mk 32 triple-tube (324 mm) launchers for Mark 46 torpedoes
one Vulcan Phalanx CIWS; four .50-cal (12.7 mm) machine guns.
one Mk 13 Mod 4 single-arm launcher for Harpoon anti-ship missiles and SM-1MR Standard anti-ship/air missiles (40 round magazine).

Aircraft carried: 2 × SH-60 LAMPS III helicopters

By the way,PN Do not operate SH 60,right bro?

@Imran Khan,
Bro,whats in the galley of an average PN Ship? Any idea about the dishes and facilities? Does the zulfiqar class frigate contains custom built galleys to suit pakistani taste?

By the way,PN Do not operate SH 60,right bro?

i have no idea abut galley sir jee

abut SH60 yes pn don't have them . i think they didn't order because of just one ship . they are using brand new z-9s on it .

This is good news but here's my question. Is Pakistan getting long range or medium range SAMS too with VLS?

Bro I wish I could answer that question but knowing the secrecy surrounding our projects and defense procurements , it becomes almost impossible to know that until these ships are delivered ... We can only know when ISPR chooses to reveal it or when the pics come and some expert identifies it however one thing is for certain , these 4 ships will be different from the ones procured until now because these are modified F22P's and I am really sure that SAM systems being one of the weak points of it was asked to be changed by the PN along with many others things ...

i have no idea abut galley sir jee

abut SH60 yes pn don't have them . i think they didn't order because of just one ship . they are using brand new z-9s on it .

Thanks for the effort bro,i am still curious about the galley status of PN Vessels!

Thanks for the effort bro,i am still curious about the galley status of PN Vessels!

you can see short trip documentary of PNs SHAH JAHAN they show it whole ship in it including kitchen laundry ETC bro

Last edited by a moderator:
The four , or four plus two frigate addition would be wonderful for the Pakistan Navy because that could mean that we can safely patrol the Pakistan Seas , and also send out 1-2 ships for international anti piracy operations since that zone is very close to Pakistani Seas

10 F22P is surely a very magnificent addition , specially if its enhanced F22P with new modification its sure adds a wonderful addition to Pakistan Navy.

Type 054 Frigates are also a wonderful items but I am sure these can be aquired down the road there is good value also in F22P platform

And who knows if we combine these with J11 , it would really compliment our NAVY really well

What is the situation on the OHP for anti submarine operations , were we not scheduled to attain at least 3 retired ships , while these are retired and bit outdated these do help us with anti submarine operations if we can attain these

you can see short trip documentary of PNs SHAH JAHAN they show it whole ship in it including kitchen laundry ETC bro

Thanks bro,though its impossible for me to watch it right now!

Last edited by a moderator:
SAMS WILL BE CHANGED NO DOUBT , There are requirements for better sam once discussed to death about it ....

Well we might also be getting Anti Submarine helicopters along with F22p another 6 helicopters we have not even began to discuss that

china-z9ec.jpg

Back
Top Bottom