What's new

CHINA TO BECOME WORLD'S LARGEST CHRISTIAN NATION BY MID-CENTURY

Religion is for older folks, why youngsters who have access to alcohol and women become religious? :s

Hopefully they wont become as nuts as these korean christians.

British got rid of "evil" practices as much as Indian gov. got rid of caste discrimination, meaning nothing. It's like saying racism doesn't exist anymore. All religions must go through great purge. Sati is as much Hindu as burning witches is Christian.

True. Its a horrible practise that has been done away with. And that is the strength of Hinduism. It adapts to the changing times and is not rigid in its stance based on some ancient rules.

Forget Islamic invasions, Sati predates Islam - Pandu's 2nd wife in Mahabharat - nakul and sahadev's mother commits suicide

There were isolated cases which become more prominent with the Islamican invasions. With the importance given to molestation by these invaders, it was looked upon as a more honourable form of death than getting ravaged in their hands. And that is the reason you dont find Sati in the Southern parts.

But then there is no argument that Sati is certainly out of date today and this abominable practise should be done away with,which has almost been accomplished.

like i said, how is it any different from the numerous researchers out there who forge data? You never bothered to read accounts of other researchers....you just decided to focus on one flawed man.

It is different in the sense that other researchers do it for a gold medal or a doctorate not affecting other's lives which is not the case of religions which are a sensitive issue for millions, if not billions.

Hopefully they wont become as nuts as these korean christians.

Err..I find this tagline more often than not.

What do the Koreans,South I presume, do to earn such a name ? :undecided:

Portuguese were creepy people;) There is already a major debate over virtues of old colonial masters. General consensus is that Portuguese and Spanish thoroughly r*** local culture and supplanted it with their own while English just r**** the country;)

Funny way of putting it. But yeah, its true.

And why do people need an imaginary guy up above the sky to instill morality and sense of righteousness in them? Are they not smarter than canine species?

and the most childish post i have come across..

do you seriously think you are one smart arse in this entire universe, and all others who believe are dumbs??

do you seriously think you are one smart arse in this entire universe, and all others who believe are dumbs??

Not necessarily dumb, just indoctrinated from childhood and ignorant towards more logical alternative explanations for the world around them.

That's why people once thought Zeus wrath was directly responsible for every lightning bolt in the sky, because they were not aware of the naturalistic explanation yet.

Current religions have just been shaped (by men) over thousands of years to seem more compelling (be it through threats of punishment, offer of rewards or tricks of language), but they still lack any supporting evidence or inherent rationality,
just like Zeus and the thousands of other gods many people once believed in that have now become mythology..

Who gave Thomas the right to reject someone else as Christian, and take away their religion? Thats a violation of freedom of religion. This is the cheap trick of Christians, everyone good they call is a "christian" but if a Christian does something bad, they claim they're not really Christians! So who gave them the right to represent those people and take away their religion?!

Jesus said it not me.

Matthew 7:21
“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven."

You think people need religion for all that? Pakistan was inhabited by dogs before Islam (or for that matter any religion) came there?

You lived in those times?

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Jesus said it not me.

Matthew 7:21
“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven."

Jesus Saves.

and the most childish post i have come across..

Many are simply weak minded, many are dumb, many simply fear the unknown and many look for comfort but NONE do it because it's most logical thing to do.

Back
Top Bottom