What's new

China threatens to claim Haiwaii, Hillary Clinton replies Go ahead and try

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korean

BANNED
Reaction score
Hillary Clinton on Iran, Syria, the drug war, and why she went to Togo | FP Passport

CHINA

When asked about the Chinese perception that the U.S. "pivot" to the Asia-Pacific region is destabilizing, Clinton noted that "you might need a psychiatrist to answer that because we certainly have made it as clear as we possibly could that the Pacific is big enough for both of us." She then argued that the current wave of territorial disputes in the South China Sea is about resources, plain and simple, adding that a Chinese official once asked her how the United States would feel if Beijing claimed Hawaii:

At one point in one of my long discussions about this, one of my Chinese interlocutors said, "Well, we could claim Hawaii." I said, "Well, go ahead, and we'll go to arbitration and prove we own it. That's what we want you to do."

So I think that this is a learning process for everybody, because why are these now - these old territorial disputes coming to the forefront? Because people think there are resources, and they want to drill, and they want to find out what's there. And they think it's got material benefits for them. But it has to be done in a lawful way. And that's why I've advocated strongly that we accede to the Convention on the Law of the Seas, because it will strengthen our hand in making these cases.

Fake news, can't be fake as it got.

Can't really tell if its fake from the news alone, this was apparently an experience told by Clinton herself, whose word you will have to choose to believe or disregard.

Given her position in the administration I err on the side of caution and take her at her word.

Now they are so weak they can't even defend Hawaii with their navy. Just like Philippines they can only go to international court. How the mighty have fallen!

Hillary Clinton on Iran, Syria, the drug war, and why she went to Togo | FP Passport
CHINA

When asked about the Chinese perception that the U.S. "pivot" to the Asia-Pacific region is destabilizing, Clinton noted that "you might need a psychiatrist to answer that because we certainly have made it as clear as we possibly could that the Pacific is big enough for both of us." She then argued that the current wave of territorial disputes in the South China Sea is about resources, plain and simple, adding that a Chinese official once asked her how the United States would feel if Beijing claimed Hawaii:

At one point in one of my long discussions about this, one of my Chinese interlocutors said, "Well, we could claim Hawaii." I said, "Well, go ahead, and we'll go to arbitration and prove we own it. That's what we want you to do."

So I think that this is a learning process for everybody, because why are these now - these old territorial disputes coming to the forefront? Because people think there are resources, and they want to drill, and they want to find out what's there. And they think it's got material benefits for them. But it has to be done in a lawful way. And that's why I've advocated strongly that we accede to the Convention on the Law of the Seas, because it will strengthen our hand in making these cases.
Wah, US respecting international arbitration!
Am I in an alternate universe or something?

No Doubt ChiNA is great power..but how can they claim US territory that is funny US is still boss they are greatest power in air and sea

Pretty much shows the maturity of the Chinese counterparts she has to deal with...

Hillary 2016!

Thank God, They havn't claimed Pacific ocean or Washington D.C yet...

We can start with AP and work up gradually.

Oh thou Mighty Middle Kingdom with emphasis on Middle . Why Thou Not Try ??

stop.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom