What's new

China: The world's cleverest country?

I bet you never had the experience of cramming for big exams before?! Some students eat tonic supplements, some drink essence of chicken, some have beef stock, they have iv drips. You guys are out of the caves!:rofl:

cramming may work for exams, not so much in a work environment. no wonder many indian and chinese students fail at critical thinking skills

Interesting questions will be ,can china retains her number 1 position and india improves her position from second last?
Says who co-author of a useless study :azn:
Me thinks self-gloating apparently isn't your forte :smokin:

cramming may work for exams, not so much in a work environment. no wonder many indian and chinese students fail at critical thinking skills
It has more to do with the overemphasis on theory especially in IND, they'll practically kill you in 12th board cause the syllabus can't realistically be covered in 8 months !

It has more to do with the overemphasis on theory especially in IND, they'll practically kill you in 12th board cause the syllabus can't realistically be covered in 8 months !

Thats why we have Summer Classes :D

Thats why we have Summer Classes :D
What summer classes :what:
I'm talking about the normal July to March session & if you have to attend private tuition to get through just the regular course then really don't you think that there's something fundamentally wrong with the system instead ?

What summer classes :what:
I'm talking about the normal July to March session & if you have to attend private tuition to get through just the regular course then really don't you think that there's something fundamentally wrong with the system instead ?

I don't know about that dude, in Kerala normal academic year starts from June 1 (if that is not a holiday) and ends in March, April & May being Summer Holidays..but for class 10 & 12 (Sometimes even for 11), the classes start by mid April and the school tries to finish off the lessons by January , February exclusively dedicated for revisions and model tests.

Last minute crammig is not the best way to prepare for an exam. You dont need a nuke scientist to tell you that. But exams are inevitable if' you follow an instutionalized system to build a career. You need to pass exams if you want to be doctors, lawyers, accountants, investment analysts, engineerers, teachers and professors ...

Some people flunk exams but are still great in their career. Some are great in exams but flunk in their career Some flunk both while some succeed in both. This is an interesting subject for serious research. I hope I can find more information on this.

Also, Nobel Prize does not cover many disciplines. Mathematics, Architecture and Designs, Engineering, Computer Science, Industrial innovations and inventions, Painting, Music and Dances, Culinary …are not covered. But each of which has its own“Nobel Prize” and shows great intelligence in its own right.

for becoming a professor, the exams are not the most important. yes if you fail the exams, you're finished but you can't just pass the exams. you have to publish papers or patents. the only way to become a professor is to invent something or discover something new. no other.

^ you probably overlook the series of exams that the professor has already gone thru before he takes up an academic position buddy. The publications / inventions are criteria for promotions. I cannot find any professor who can ascend to his/her position without going thru the path of successful exams. And mind you publications are a form of examinations themselves because the papers have to go through review panel before they are published. So are successful filing of patents. Of course the later kind of recognitions are not conducted in the same confines of questions and answers, invigilators and all that jazz.

#Oh man we are talking about the average here not one or two exceptional cases hey iq 81 + second last how more stupid can you get ????? and the funny thing is they want to be world superpower hahahahhaha:rofl:
This long laugh and smileys only tell how desperate and frustrated you are ;)

Back
Top Bottom