What's new

China sticks to line, third flag meet likely

thestringshredder

Reaction score
Country
India
With the border faceoff in Depsang valley still unresolved, India is likely to seek a third flag meeting this week. China has been insistent that its troops have not crossed the border.

The flag meeting could be held as early as Friday, even though it was unclear on Wednesday what strategy India was likely to adopt. The second flag meeting on Tuesday collapsed after China asked the Indian Army to destroy some of its positions in eastern Ladakh as a precondition for pulling back.

Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying Wednesday denied any incursion into Indian territory by the People's Liberation Army. "The Chinese side has confined activities to within the Chinese border and never trespassed across the line," Hua said.

The spokesperson stressed that both India and China must stick to the consensus on keeping the LAC peaceful. "The two sides should abide by their consensus which is in the interest of both. The two sides should work together to properly resolve border issues within the framework of existing mechanisms and create favourable conditions for bilateral relations."

This has been Beijing's standard position on transgressions across the LAC, given that its claim line differs from what India considers to be the boundary. Both sides enter the areas they claim, but standoffs like the current one — which began after the Chinese erected tents on disputed territory on April 15 — are rare.

"Negotiations are going on at various levels to resolve the issue peacefully," Defence Minister A K Antony said in Bangalore on Wednesday. The government, he said, will take "every step to protect national integrity and security".

Link - China sticks to line, third flag meet likely - Indian Express

Bottomline is that we the India, deserve to be humiliated..It is a hard fact...In front of us...within 20-30 years..China has developed and make their nation powerful...And what we have done to ourselves....In the name of democracy and secularism...just keep on barking in front of the world....To be honest...I find little surprise, if China becomes aggressive, nothing unexpected here.....because a weak never gets respect, rather weak nation has to be either on mercy of stronger nation or fight it out to get the right....It has happened every where...If we think about USA, Mexico and Canada of almost in allignment with US...They hardly ever protest anything to US...So if China is going to be US in 10 year...it is simply preparaing his own ground...

...And unfortunately...we do not have either of the two....

With a lot of frustration,i can say that may god save my country....

I hope the Indian government doesn't expect China to go back.

I don't support this current Chinese stance as I think it's too early, and the prize too insignificant.

I will say this, no Chinese army will move without direct command from the Central military committee, the highest Chinese military authority and directly headed by Xi jingping.

So what kind of result can you hope to get, if this is the wishes of the committee and they know full well what doing something like this will result. The negotiations will go no where unless there is compromise and guess where it's not going to come from.

there must be some mistake to the LAC. and problem will be solved soon peacefuly.
the border dispute with india is normaly not our priority.

Bottomline is that we the India, deserve to be humiliated..It is a hard fact...In front of us...within 20-30 years..China has developed and make their nation powerful...And what we have done to ourselves....In the name of democracy and secularism...just keep on barking in front of the world....To be honest...I find little surprise, if China becomes aggressive, nothing unexpected here.....because a weak never gets respect, rather weak nation has to be either on mercy of stronger nation or fight it out to get the right....It has happened every where...If we think about USA, Mexico and Canada of almost in allignment with US...They hardly ever protest anything to US...So if China is going to be US in 10 year...it is simply preparaing his own ground...

...And unfortunately...we do not have either of the two....

With a lot of frustration,i can say that may god save my country....

What sort of a comparison is that? Look at the military or economic or any other strength of the USA in comparison to mexico or Canada. Do we have that sort of an overwhelming superiority WRT China? Or any kind of superiority at all? You can't expect India to treat China in the same way that USA treats mexico.

Everybody have to stop this habit of saying "What would USA do?" Because, like it or not, India is NOT the USA. We can only behave according to our strength and capabilities.

Why dont you look at it from mexico's POV for a change, and then you won't feel so frustrated. India is doing much better in its disputes than countries which have conflicts with USA do. Put that way, you can be proud instead of frustrated. Think about the nations that USA tramples, and remember that nobody can treat India that way.

I don't support this current Chinese stance as I think it's too early, and the prize too insignificant.

I will say this, no Chinese army will move without direct command from the Central military committee, the highest Chinese military authority and directly headed by Xi jingping.

So what kind of result can you hope to get, if this is the wishes of the committee and they know full well what doing something like this will result. The negotiations will go no where unless there is compromise and guess where it's not going to come from.

Guys, you sales war again;
India and China should fix the boundary line quickly, boundary talk to solve it all.

That can't be true. Are you saying that every soldier or platoon will move only as per direct orders from Xi jingping? Then he must be the most overworked person on the planet, to give instructions to every platoon of one of the biggest armies in the world, while simultaneously running the non-military affairs.

I think what happened must be that the chinese platoon wandered into Indian territory by mistake, but then such a hue and cry was raised in the media, that they can't simply return because they will lose face. They can't do much by staying either, so they are just enjoying the scenery until their superiors figure out how to resolve the issue in such a manner that neither side would lose face.

there must be some mistake to the LAC. and problem will be solved soon peacefuly.
the border dispute with india is normaly not our priority.

True. There is no reason why China would want to start a border issue with India right now, when it has more emotional issues with other countries. In fact there is no reason for either country to have a quibble right now. Too much to lose, nothing much to gain, for both sides.

By the way, is this issue being covered in the chinese media? I couln't find any mention on Xinhua. What about chinese language media? What is their take on this? And the general chinese public, are they aware of this incident at all, and if so, what is their opinion?

@Chinese-Dragon @xuxu1457 @itaskol

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, is this issue being covered in the chinese media? I couln't find any mention on Xinhua. What about chinese language media? What is their take on this? And the general chinese public, are they aware of this incident at all, and if so, what is their opinion?

This issue even can't find in Chinese media, general Chinese think that it's only Indian media hype for attracting eyes or for Indian 2014 election. No one care about this for the general chinese public. That's why China pushing sign with India “Does not track each other in Border Patrol ” to avoid this. Most Chinese think China and India should fix the boundary line to solve boundary peoblem even make todays LAC a fixed line. China doesn't want tangle with India on boundary peoblems.

lol, we ordinary Chinese dont read Xinhua news```and yes it is mentioned in several news here``souhu, tengxun and others```but no English version, pretty much quoted what TOI and Hindus reported

The Indian side needs to hurry up on the following:

Border roads
Border rail lines
Bunkers
Artillery (155/45+)
AA guns
F insas
ATGMS

After I read these days about this issue here, first several days I even don't open these threads to read since I don't care about.
May be for some Indian or India gorv, think and ask "What are you want to do??? Do you want to start a war or do some conspiracy"; But if you ask one on China's street, he will say"I don't know the issue, China have no any interesting to tangle with India on boundary peoblems, we have our own concern points"

I think the Indians to suggest the PLA wandered into the Indian territory as mistake is a way to save face for the Indians. The PLA were most likely equipped with Baidu positioning instruments. There is no way they could wander in by mistake.

Find a new excuse.

just by paying some TOIlet and Sh!t media, US has been able to

1. Push through a lot of defense deals with India in quick time.
2. Made two of the oldest civilization whip war frenzy on both sides.
3. Made the situation almost untenable since both sides dont want to look like a ***** !

SHame on both Indians and Chinese !

Back
Top Bottom