What's new

China’s rise to world dominance finally became unstoppable?

lol... it goes to show who has the purchasing power these days. Chinese are experiencing what the Japanese experienced in the 90's.

Be Like Harrods - Global Blue

merchant_london_harrods.jpg

Japan experienced severe recession and stagnation in the 90's.

Why are we proud of having people go overseas to buy things? What we really should be proud of is people going to China to buy Chinese brand name clothing instead of Chinese people going to the West to buy Western brand name clothing. It actually reflects our weakness not our strength.

No offence to Indian members here but topics like these remind me of the articles posted by Indian newspapers.

I agree with this article. The next few years will be critical and something to witnessed.

I am more impressed that they have an Ikea!

Dominance? That is a laugh. Prominence? Of course, China already has prominence. But dominance? More like someone does not have a clue of what the word mean.

China does not look for dominance. At least, we do not look for that kind of dominance U.S. wants and has.

Even when we reach the current dominance U.S. has, China won't be interested in sending armies to Iraq or Afghanistan.

However, I do think China will at least divide the pacific with the U.S. for management. Quite soon, China won't allow U.S. fleet to come close to China's sea shore. Of course, we are not interested sending our fleet to yours either.

It has been 62 years since CCP and KMT parted their ways and got the country divided. I do think the reunification will definitely happen before such division reaches the age of 100 (year 2049). Hopefully it will be peaceful. However, I do not mind other ways if that is the only way to do it. I do think that is the only major challenge China has to face in 21st century.

Why are we proud of having people go overseas to buy things? What we really should be proud of is people going to China to buy Chinese brand name clothing instead of Chinese people going to the West to buy Western brand name clothing. It actually reflects our weakness not our strength.

For those luxury goods, I think we should raise the taxes again to deter such purchases overseas. At least, making such purchases much more expensive than doing so in China.

There is nothing to be proud of being luxury hauling Chinese in those stores overseas. There are much better ways to spend those money.

they are made in China too now``like Dolce & Gabbana, Louis Vuitton, Dior Chanel and etc, they all have their rangs partially done in China and ship to Europ to have a Made in 'Europ' tag on.

yes the coming years belong to china. the challenge for china will be to keep its rise peacefull. this will be a challenge for rest of the world powers also.

china has alreay proved its determination to become an economical power in several occasions,and they truely deserve that status.

That is also happening as big labels are already present and will continue to expand its outlets in China. We should be proud that today we Chinese actually have money to spend it goes to show that we have a strong economy and it is recognized by the rest of the world.
Japan's stagflation hit them hard a little after the early 90's because they have a different economic structure and its economic planning was poor and their land have no resource. China and Japan is not the same.

Back
Top Bottom