What's new

China proposes Inter-country Highway

The transit will serve good for both nations, I believe.

if you give transit fee properly, surely you will get fulltime transit but we need to fix some issues that is creating mistrust between us

The Communications Minister said the proposed highway was different from the trans-Asian Highway

As long as it goes through Mayanmar-BD-India bypassing NE, its won't come at the unimaginable expense of BD's interest but if chanakyan NE is included then its another ploy of granting these hegemonic demons transit/corridor in the fancy names of inter-country-highway or whatever. Trans-Asian Highway bypassed chanakyan NE if I am not wrong and hence, is this the reason why BAL want something different to it in order to accommodate their master's wishes? Destroying the Trans-Asian Highway proposal seem to be the final assignment given to awami dalals by India. Lets wait and see what the chinese proposal really is what are indo-awami intentions.

We have to acknowledge that a 4 country road map is not same as BD-India bilateral transit route. This proposed route is for moving Chinese/Burmese goods to India and vice versa through BD.

I believe, a trilateral route that excludes India can harm BD effort to build the proposed deep seaport near Cox's Bazaar with Chinese assistance. India will use its influence to work against the port.

On the other hand, if the highway extends to India, it may cease Indian objection to China's involvement with the port. I think, both BD and China will look after the matter.

Moreover, China and Burma will find a highway more attractive if these countries can expand their trade volume with India through BD.

Just come out of your wet dream!!!
nice use of words....:tup:
Bangladesh is providing jobs to the Indians and thats why many Indians are here. Period. Just go and check Bangladesh is one of top 10 country from where India gets it's remittance.
ohh i tried to go n check, but forgive my ignorance, cudnt find anything which confirms the above part. shall highly appreciate u if u lead the way.....thanks in advance.
Bangladesh government is trying to remove all these beneficiary Indians as most of them are involved in illegal activities and they came here with tourist visas and stayed back here.
good job. do it asap. it reminds me of those karimganj days, when i was a kid, i used to see lots of BD ppl crossing over kushiyara river and worked as ricksha wallahs. they returned after dusk.
Just look at your own country. If 30 million of our country man is there then just start counting time as a big chunk of your land is gonna be lost for their new home land. 3% of 3.3 million square km is around 100k square km. Not bad at all. But size of NE India is much larger then that. Keep that in mind. Assam is already almost muslim majority state with our people and west bengal and tripura is also following closely.
hocus pocus....doodle doooooo......hey guess wat ???? its a wet dream .........

Bad idea!

a freeway connecting China Myanmar and BD is okay but also india? WTF?

You cannot connect with Bangladesh without connecting with us. :rolleyes:

Go check a map or something.

Bad idea!

a freeway connecting China Myanmar and BD is okay but also india? WTF?

You cannot connect with Bangladesh without connecting with us. :rolleyes:

Go check a map or something.

Not unless you want to use the Chittagong Hill Tracts region to connect through Myanmar rather than through Tibet, into India and into Bangladesh returning back through Myanmar into China.

If anyone have not looked into the detail it will enter Bangladesh from North east and leave Bangladesh and will go to west Bengal. So there will be no direct connectivity with Myanmar. Thats the main dark side of this proposal and the meaning of this proposal is to give transit to India indirectly. However this can be used as a starting point to make a direct land route connection with Myanmar which can eventually go up to South East Asia.

1) Perhaps, Myammar is not willing to connect with BD or with the outside world, at least for now.

2) On the other hand, India wants to connect both with NE and China.

3) BD does not want to connect with NE, but with China and ASEAN.

4) Again, China wants to connect with India for its trade.

The real world is full of compromises. If China really wants a route via NE, and Burma does not open up soon, BD may have swallow the Chinese offer to connect through NE because it is the most practical route pending Burmese acceptance through its territory.

In such a case, China may be made interested to build the deep sea port in Cox's Bazaar. BD gets its port business and China gets the shortest route to its mid-south.

However, BD can bar this NE route from being used as an Indian domestic transit route, and will only be used for international trade among the countries.

China understands Burmese mind and has therefore proposed the NE route, I guess. China has very little trade with BD, but has a large trade with India.

I have been thinking why suddenly China floated this idea that may be rejected by BD, and have come up with the explanation I wrote above.

The thinking may be flawed. So, please send opinions.

1) Perhaps, Myammar is not willing to connect with BD or with the outside world, at least for now.

What makes you think the Burmese don't want to connect with us and the Chinese?

It would be the best balance they'd wish because trade from two regional giants will flourish with the recently emerged state. Till now it was a pariah due to western sanctions (biased) and our idiocy. But now after opening up to the world and increasing reforms, Myanmar is fast becoming a sought after trading country here in India. A lot of traders go from NE to Myanmar but sadly because of the lack of connectivity, they have to go via metro cities in India or on limited flights in selected cities.

As Myanmar opens up further and their military crushes border-based separatism, there will be more peace and more opportunity for Myanma people to trade and do business.

An expressway connecting India and China directly to their business centres would be the best thing they could imagine.

2) On the other hand, India wants to connect both with NE and China.

From our perspective, it may have elicited interest. But it will never happen due to security concerns.

No matter which party is in power at least till our issues are solver were are not interested.

As for better connectivity between NE and rest of our country, there're certain problems because the Siliguri corridor and the south part of my state are clogged with pressure of transport.

We can always work out a mutually beneficial option for that in our many discussion.

3) BD does not want to connect with NE, but with China and ASEAN.

The only way you can connect with China and ASEAN is through CHT border with Myanmar, in order to bypass us.

4) Again, China wants to connect with India for its trade.

That's because it will become unilaterally our guaranteed largest trading partner if this were to happen.

The real world is full of compromises.

Agreed my friend, but a nod of yes to this would really be shot down in our Parliament.

The end result is Bangladesh and China gets connected by a road link. Does it matter if one more highway is built to connect Dhaka and Kolkata? I suppose this new proposition is more like a diplomatic gesture to convince India that the sole purpose of this inter country highway is economic benefit of the countries involved. ;)

good analysis :tup:

through out history, the best of diplomacies are the ones which resides not on rhetoric's ,
but rests "in between the lines"

^
copy this & I am going to seriously kick your buttt :lol:

What makes you think the Burmese don't want to connect with us and the Chinese?

What makes you think BD will allow any connection between Burma and India through its territory? Then, of course, India can easily connect with Burma via its NE.

What makes you think BD will allow any connection between Burma and India through its territory? Then, of course, India can easily connect with Burma via its NE.

We are already connecting to Myanmar from the port city of Sittwe which is a Japan-led initiative to connect Vietnam through Laos, Thailand, Myanmar and then by BoB to us. But that's a different project.

BTW, the roads will start from the NE states completely and enter into Myanmar.

Further transportation can be taken with my state becoming a transfer hub of cargo and trading goods, to spread out to the rest of the country.

It is one of the main reason why they're making an airport in Pakyong here, mate.

We are already connecting to Myanmar from the port city of Sittwe which is a Japan-led initiative to connect Vietnam through Laos, Thailand, Myanmar and then by BoB to us. But that's a different project.

BTW, the roads will start from the NE states completely and enter into Myanmar.

Further transportation can be taken with my state becoming a transfer hub of cargo and trading goods, to spread out to the rest of the country.

It is one of the main reason why they're making an airport in Pakyong here, mate.

Connecting India with China or Myanmar means connecting Kolkata with Myanmar and to China.

Connecting NE with Myanmar will add no economic values. I think this part already connected and nothing exciting going on. And what is Pakyong?

Connecting India with China or Myanmar means connecting Kolkata with Myanmar and to China.

The China initiative is different which is proposed by Chinese government.

I was referring to the other Japan-led initiative to connect India via Burma, Thailand and Laos so that Japanese can put their goods in Vietnam and land transport it till Myanmar from where it enters India via shipping.

Connecting NE with Myanmar will add no economic values. I think this part already connected and nothing exciting going on.

It isn't. Not to the extent that is proposed. There are tiny trading posts for the locals to trade cross border.

The extent to which we are talking is about massive expressways that encourage land-based trade and transport.

And what is Pakyong?

It is a small town in my state where they're building an airport. It is being done for 3 reasons:

1- we have no airport in our state because of which we need to travel to Bagdogra

2- There's a large scale tourism in our state and tourists traveling here have to face quite a long travel.

3- Sikkim will become a nodal trading point to and onwards from the NE in the coming years at least as a transit zone, requiring commercial air travel.

It will be more beneficial to all concerned if we bypass Bangladesh altogether. We have long borders with both China and Myanmar. I don't see any reason for Bangladesh to be in the route.
India can connect directly with Tibet via Sikkim/Bhutan and Xinjiang via Ladakh. From north-east we can connect directly with Sichuan and Myanmar. From Myanmar we can connect directly with rest of SE Asia.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom