What's new

China please save the children

If it's not obvious this dude was trolling, it should be obvious now. There's been plenty of friction on this board between posters of various nationalities, but nobody has stooped this low using the deaths of children to troll. I hope the mods take some action.

I told you, he is not trolling.

You are acting like an ostrich dipping your head in the sand so that you can't see the reality which is fearful.

No body has said such crimes are political. They are, as they seem, I am not sure because I am not investigating the cases in China, socio-economic problems. And since politics has links with society and economy, political concerns are needed.

We need to find the cause. Premier Wen has already ordered to eliminate the root causes. But I think, public participation is needed. You can't deploy security forces everywhere.

<If it's not obvious this dude was trolling, it should be obvious now. There's been plenty of friction on this board between posters of various nationalities, but nobody has stooped this low using the deaths of children to troll. I hope the mods take some action.>

Dude, don't cry like a little kid. Come up with a solution or solutions.
Where in the US are you?

Here is from Communists:
May be the Hukou system is responsible for one case, for another house rent or one child policy.

Then, if the route cause is socio-economic.
Solutions:

1. Drop the one child policy now.
2. Abolish the Hukou system.
3. Make economic opportunities for everyone so that everyone will be able to nourish hopes for betterment in life.
4. Form a strong espionage system with a nation wide network to conduct regular surveys of social stability and create domestic policies accordingly.
5. Foster national fraternity through the promotion of patriotic nationalism so that national fellow feeling becomes stronger.
6. Merge all existing ethnicities into one entity promoting inter ethnic marriages.
7. Militarize the society.

there ARE lots of inter-ethnic marriages but there are much more same-ethnic marriages. manchus, mongols, koreans, miao, zhuang, etc. are almost totally assimilated, especially manchus mongols and koreans in the industrial northeast. by now being manchu means you have a "manchu" stamp on your ID card and not much else. koreans used to have korean language schools and attend korean colleges but now they're all closing since the young kids only watch K-pop videos in korean and live the rest of their lives using Chinese. the only people that don't want to marry with hans (nor do hans want to marry) are the religious fundamentalists in xinjiang and tibet.

hukou is already on its way out. right now they even cancelled the "temporary permit". i think the way forward is not to use secret police but to educate everyone and promote patriotism.

<I told you, he is not trolling. >

Thanks for your support there Communist.

I don't get the mentality of these people sometime. It seems like they only have a short range radar not long range or over the horizon radar.

The precious commodity that a country can have is the children. They determine the future of a country. China CANNOT afford for these children to be killed from building collapses and mentally deranged people. The Chinese government better prioritize this problem; otherwise the future of China is doomed.

<there ARE lots of inter-ethnic marriages but there are much more same-ethnic marriages. manchus, mongols, koreans, miao, zhuang, etc. are almost totally assimilated, especially manchus mongols and koreans in the industrial northeast. by now being manchu means you have a "manchu" stamp on your ID card and not much else. koreans used to have korean language schools and attend korean colleges but now they're all closing since the young kids only watch K-pop videos in korean and live the rest of their lives using Chinese. the only people that don't want to marry with hans (nor do hans want to marry) are the religious fundamentalists in xinjiang and tibet.

hukou is already on its way out. right now they even cancelled the "temporary permit". i think the way forward is not to use secret police but to educate everyone and promote patriotism.>

This is the type of discussion (exemplifies by Communist and below_freezing above) I like to see. Where we all can learn something maybe even come up real solutions.

....to educate everyone and promote patriotism.

I would say, nationalism oriented education which will make all the students more patriotic.

Every Chinese should feel that they all belong to a huge family, the Chinese nation. At the same time, everyone should nourish fellow felling towards each other. For example, if a Chinese turns to be prosperous and successful in any way, others must feel that the prosperity and success is also their success because they belong to their DNA. At the same time, the prosperous and successful Chinese must also feel that he is nothing but one of the members of a single family and he exists because of his family's existence. So his achievement or an individual achievement is actually a collective achievement just as collective achievement is shared by all individuals.

In one particular case, I read that, a medic after being turned down by a girl became frustrated and ferocious and attacked children at a school premise. That guy has been executed.

Now, this brings a question to me, is there too much shortage of women in society? If yes, then Govt must consider this issue because China will be lacking millions of women and that might lead to the mass frustration of our boys. Is it possible to import women from outside? There should be sufficient private matrimonial agencies to look after this demand and provide supplies.

The precious commodity that a country can have is the children. They determine the future of a country. China CANNOT afford for these children to be killed from building collapses and mentally deranged people. The Chinese government better prioritize this problem; otherwise the future of China is doomed.

Universal truth.

Well, one thing, though off topic, is sure that in China children in the schools again and again become victims of natural disaster like earth quake.

And every time man!!

I think, Govt should select the quake prone zones and order the inhabitants of those zones to build houses using light materials like woods, leaves, bamboos if naturally they are available. No need to build heavy stone houses there.

I just don't understand who the hell is the govt architect there in Sichuan who has re-built stone houses again after the tragedy. Plus, landslides very common phenomenon there.

I would say, nationalism oriented education which will make all the students more patriotic.

Every Chinese should feel that they all belong to a huge family, the Chinese nation. At the same time, everyone should nourish fellow felling towards each other. For example, if a Chinese turns to be prosperous and successful in any way, others must feel that the prosperity and success is also their success because they belong to their DNA. At the same time, the prosperous and successful Chinese must also feel that he is nothing but one of the members of a single family and he exists because of his family's existence. So his achievement or an individual achievement is actually a collective achievement just as collective achievement is shared by all individuals.

In one particular case, I read that, a medic after being turned down by a girl became frustrated and ferocious and attacked children at a school premise. That guy has been executed.

Now, this brings a question to me, is there too much shortage of women in society? If yes, then Govt must consider this issue because China will be lacking millions of women and that might lead to the mass frustration of our boys. Is it possible to import women from outside? There should be sufficient private matrimonial agencies to look after this demand and provide supplies.

please don't treat women like objects to be "imported". the main thing is that no one wants to marry someone poor like religious fundamentalists but also applies to urban laborers. and yes there are private marriage companies that introduce chinese men to vietnamese and korean women, it costs alot of money though.

that guy is a psycho. lots of people get turned down and accept it. we all broke up with a girlfriend sometime in our lives but do we stab people for it?

please don't treat women like objects to be "imported". the main thing is that no one wants to marry someone poor like religious fundamentalists but also applies to urban laborers. and yes there are private marriage companies that introduce chinese men to vietnamese and korean women, it costs alot of money though.

that guy is a psycho. lots of people get turned down and accept it. we all broke up with a girlfriend sometime in our lives but do we stab people for it?

Yea sorry, I didn't mean to say that.

Well, as far as my market knowledge is concerned, since the private marriage agencies cost a lot of money, I guess, they are still limited in number and their operations are limited only within Vietnam and North Korea. Actually, they do a monopoly and thats why they demand a lot of money knowing that Chinese male candidates will not have many options.

I think, more private marriage agencies need to be established and their area of operations should go across the globe. In South America, they can operate, in some former Soviet republics they also can operate. Plus, South East Asia is there. If this happens, as a result of the steep competition, prices will go down and an ordinary male candidate can afford.

<I think, Govt should select the quake prone zones and order the inhabitants of those zones to build houses using light materials like woods, leaves, bamboos if naturally they are available. No need to build heavy stone houses there. >

Yes, using flexible, light, and strong materials will surely alleviate the destruction. But I think the crux of the problem is the builder or contractor is doing a lot of shortcut construction. This is happening a lot in Asian/African/South American countries. All they care about is making money not the safety of the users and the building for the long haul.

< lots of people get turned down and accept it. we all broke up with a girlfriend sometime in our lives but do we stab people for it?>

Some people can move on and some people cannot. Fortunately, the majority can.

<In one particular case, I read that, a medic after being turned down by a girl became frustrated and ferocious and attacked children at a school premise. That guy has been executed. >

Rather than executing the perpetrators too quickly the police or government should study the mental state of these people first (i.e., understand why they did it, what caused it, and could it be stopped, etc.).

Economically, this might spur new professions in China such as counselors, psychologists, and psychiatrists. And biotechnology companies might mushroom to create enhancement drugs that are prescribed by the psychiatrists to the mentally ill patience.

<I think, Govt should select the quake prone zones and order the inhabitants of those zones to build houses using light materials like woods, leaves, bamboos if naturally they are available. No need to build heavy stone houses there. >

Yes, using flexible, light, and strong materials will surely alleviate the destruction. But I think the crux of the problem is the builder or contractor is doing a lot of shortcut construction. This is happening a lot in Asian/African/South American countries. All they care about is making money not the safety of the users and the building for the long haul.

Exactly. Here China should learn from US and Japan. Whenever I hear about natural disasters like earthquakes or typhoons or cyclones in the US or Japan or even Europe, the overall casualties seem to be less in number compared to those of China. The rate of accidental mortalities in China seems to be higher than that of US, though I don't know the exact stats. If you say population is responsible for that in China, I would say, you are wrong. China has enough land mass to accommodate a huge population. Plus, in the villages or townships, population is still normal.

<In one particular case, I read that, a medic after being turned down by a girl became frustrated and ferocious and attacked children at a school premise. That guy has been executed. >

Rather than executing the perpetrators too quickly the police or government should study the mental state of these people first (i.e., understand why they did it, what caused it, and could it be stopped, etc.).

I support this view. Executions will not stop such crimes. Because if the root cause is alive, it will continue generating more criminals, as a result authority will need to execute more criminals.

But it would be better to even prevent such social tensions from exploding. Thats why an intelligence service dedicated to study the change of social behavioral pattern and prescribe suitable remedy to the local govts to promote specific policies. Undercover govt agents should live among the people and study the social psyche.

Economically, this might spur new professions in China such as counselors, psychologists, and psychiatrists. And biotechnology companies might mushroom to create enhancement drugs that are prescribed by the psychiatrists to the mentally ill patience.

Good point.

The educational department should now emphasize on these subjects.

I told you, he is not trolling.

You are acting like an ostrich dipping your head in the sand so that you can't see the reality which is fearful.

No body has said such crimes are political. They are, as they seem, I am not sure because I am not investigating the cases in China, socio-economic problems. And since politics has links with society and economy, political concerns are needed.

We need to find the cause. Premier Wen has already ordered to eliminate the root causes. But I think, public participation is needed. You can't deploy security forces everywhere.

And you're acting like a idiot playing along with a troll. At least you're not a troll, so I'll entertain you.

One, these people are psychopaths. As a medical school student in the U.S., I have in fact done some rudimentary research on this type of behavior. One of the key misconceptions by the general public and perpetuated by Hollywood movies is that a normal, healthy individual can just "lose it" and go on a rampage because of stress and whatnot. That is NOT true. People who commit such heinous crimes have SEVERE mental disorders which they are typically genetically predisposed to. Normal people simply don't go attack a bunch of random kids when they get pissed off. If there were such crimes against government officials, then there might be something to it, but murdering random children? No, that's simply the behavior of a psychopath.

In other words, there is NO socio-political-economic cause to it, other than the committing of similar crimes. One school carnage broadcast on TV might spur another one, which is what's happening here, and that is really the only cause. Sure, Wen promised to do something, the U.S. government has as well, but that's just politicians making empty promises in an attempt to soothe people's fears(I believe I mentioned that in a previous post). There is NOTHING they can practically do about it. Aggressive screening of mentally ill people can cause a LOT more problems than they solve, and guarding schools is simply impractical in the long run. Metal detectors are the only possible solution that may help, although people can get around that pretty easily.

Do you go slice up school children when you get turned down by a girl? No. Could it be that he was turned down because he, you know, might be a friggin psychopath? That leads again to my point: these crimes are caused by psychopaths encouraged by media reports of other psychopaths committing similar crimes. Nothing more. They're NOT killing for some sort of ideal, they're killing because they're bat-**** crazy.

Exactly. Here China should learn from US and Japan. Whenever I hear about natural disasters like earthquakes or typhoons or cyclones in the US or Japan or even Europe, the overall casualties seem to be less in number compared to those of China. The rate of accidental mortalities in China seems to be higher than that of US, though I don't know the exact stats. If you say population is responsible for that in China, I would say, you are wrong. China has enough land mass to accommodate a huge population. Plus, in the villages or townships, population is still normal.

I support this view. Executions will not stop such crimes. Because if the root cause is alive, it will continue generating more criminals, as a result authority will need to execute more criminals.

But it would be better to even prevent such social tensions from exploding. Thats why an intelligence service dedicated to study the change of social behavioral pattern and prescribe suitable remedy to the local govts to promote specific policies. Undercover govt agents should live among the people and study the social psyche.

Good point.

The educational department should now emphasize on these subjects.

There's nothing to learn from the U.S. or Japan that they don't already know. I mean, what do they need to learn, build safer buildings? No ****. The problem is that it takes money to build them, and China doesn't have enough money to build those buildings for 1.3 billion people.

However, I do think that they need to put stronger regulations on school buildings, they're right now basically WMDs for school children in quake zones. Putting stringent safety requirements on buildings is impractical and probably impossible to enforce anyway. People need buildings, but they don't have the money to build them, so the only solution right now is to build cheaper buildings.

As for your search for the root cause of the school murders, I've already answered them in a previous post. Social-economically spurred killings have a CAUSE, a purpose(see Chechens taking a school hostage). People who kill just to vent their anger are lunatics.

And you're acting like a idiot playing along with a troll. At least you're not a troll, so I'll entertain you.

One, these people are psychopaths. As a medical school student in the U.S., I have in fact done some rudimentary research on this type of behavior. One of the key misconceptions by the general public and perpetuated by Hollywood movies is that a normal, healthy individual can just "lose it" and go on a rampage because of stress and whatnot. That is NOT true. People who commit such heinous crimes have SEVERE mental disorders which they are typically genetically predisposed to. Normal people simply don't go attack a bunch of random kids when they get pissed off. If there were such crimes against government officials, then there might be something to it, but murdering random children? No, that's simply the behavior of a psychopath.

In other words, there is NO socio-political-economic cause to it, other than the committing of similar crimes. One school carnage broadcast on TV might spur another one, which is what's happening here, and that is really the only cause. Sure, Wen promised to do something, the U.S. government has as well, but that's just politicians making empty promises in an attempt to soothe people's fears(I believe I mentioned that in a previous post). There is NOTHING they can practically do about it. Aggressive screening of mentally ill people can cause a LOT more problems than they solve, and guarding schools is simply impractical in the long run. Metal detectors are the only possible solution that may help, although people can get around that pretty easily.

What are the symptoms of that mental problem?
How can you read the symptoms?
How can you determine that this particular individual is having those symptoms?
Is this a hereditary disease?
How many such patients are now in China?
What age they represent in average?
What will be the treatment?
Will they be experimented in laboratories?
Is there any drug that can cure such disease?
Or will they be executed?

I know, you can't answer these questions.

What you are suggesting to do will be like witch hunting that occurred in medieval Europe and continues to occur in Africa and even India. This will create further social problems. Suppose, a guy is having problem with another guy, the former will try to accuse the latter of being mentally unstable and if by chance locals get convinced, authorities will hunt down the innocent man and execute him. Thus, an innocent man will be victim of social paranoia.

Fear will prevail in the society and everyone will suspect his neighbors of having such mental disease. In the remote rural areas, people will take laws in their hands and will start killing people saying they were psychos.

If you study the recent cases, as far as media reports are concerned, you will find the criminals' excuses were not similar. The marital status of criminals for all cases are not similar. They don't belong to the same age. Though, I don't know about their records in family lives and their locality.

There's nothing to learn from the U.S. or Japan that they don't already know. I mean, what do they need to learn, build safer buildings? No ****. The problem is that it takes money to build them, and China doesn't have enough money to build those buildings for 1.3 billion people.

Building houses with light materials costs less than building houses with heavy materials.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom