What's new

China Plans Huge Buses That Can DRIVE OVER Cars

What if someone explodes a bomb underneath the vehicle?

What if someone exploders a bomb in or near a regular bus? Beside Chinese internal security I believe if among the best in the world (no pesky, habeas corpus laws to worry about.)

Although I wrote last night that these buses need to be short, I then realized doing so would make hard braking dangerous - the whole vehicle could tip over! So the transport needs to be quite long to compensate for the very high center of gravity.

I now think such a transport could be used on a street with curves only if the side skirts in the illustration are eliminated and the bus rolls on wheels or wheel assemblies at each corner only. Still don't think it is practical, though.

If you looked at the animations that mike posted you'll see the whole thing is articulated and pivoted so it can be as long as it wants. There always seem to be a bank of sensors near the skirt and back of the bus. Not sure how that'd work but I'm sure the engineers have thought it through.

this remind me an equation when problems are solved:
impossible -> nothing is impossible -> impossible is nothing.

as far as i can see, all the "impossible" can be solved.
price: it won't be expensive when compare to the metro system.
turnning: think about roller coasters.
"legs": 3 (or 4) strong legs would be enough to support anything.

however, possible and practical is not enough, it needs to be profitable too.

I think this is a nice implementable concept and has the potential to revolutionize Public Transport System.

Great going china!!!

If you looked at the animations that mike posted you'll see the whole thing is articulated and pivoted so it can be as long as it wants. There always seem to be a bank of sensors near the skirt and back of the bus. Not sure how that'd work but I'm sure the engineers have thought it through.
Thanks for the tip, I missed that. I see the articulation. However, I still don't think the animation accurately shows just how much the bus will intrude upon interior lanes when it turns.

nice concept but i think sky trains will be way better to fullfill needs as its more fast/ easy to manage across the city then this, but its good idea tho

Back
Top Bottom