What's new

China-Pakistan : The End of the All-Weather Friendship?

I have always argued against this, national interest is supreme when it came to Pak-China relationship. Because sometimes, friendship IS national interest. Pak China interests are intertwined in the region.

Pak need China mainly for economical and military trade among many others. Pak can directly link China to Afgh. and Iran and then from there to the rest of the Arab world. Pakistan's muslim state status has a lot of lucrative effect for China in the Muslim world along with Pakistans good diplomatic connections. This will extend China's trade reach exponentially.

Both countries have embarked on plenty of technological adventures and have learned a lot from each other and will continue to do so.

These interest are linked to each other permanently. Why would any country want to two time the other for a short term gain? When so much can be gained in the long term. You never kill a goose laying golden eggs.

The so called "relationship" is a really interesting one.

One side is really desperate trying to be useful to the other and ever worried what happens if it just discarded once its use is over.

The other side just has to make some high sounding statements (that don't cost money) and never back it up with action. That seems to do just fine.

There is nothing, just nothing in common other than some common interests and that can change pretty quick.

One side holds all the aces and we all know what happens to all such lopsided relationships.

One side holds all the aces and we all know what happens to all such lopsided relationships.

International state-to-state relationships are almost always lopsided, especially when the larger countries of the world are involved.

There is nothing, just nothing in common other than some common interests and that can change pretty quick.

We are joined via an actual land border, unlike the USA who can leave whenever they please.

Pakistan's geostrategic importance to us will not change unless the physical geography of the world changes, and we are no longer neighbours.

enemy relation: without any exchange. USSR & US relationship;
business ralation: exchange goods. China & US relationship; sometimes give some aid, but never give technology;
brotherhood relaton: exchange technology China & pakistan, or US & israel;
so, giving your friend fishing is much better than giving him fish. China is giving pk fishing, not fish.

An all weather friend is not a friend who just says "yes" any time you ask them for something.
A good friend looks out for your own interests.
China, by denying aid has done Pakistan the biggest favor by telling our politicians to get our house in order.
They know that the aid will not help Pakistan but rather go to the Swiss bank accounts.
I am really thankful that China gives no aid, and I hope all other countries stop giving aid to Pakistan as well.
We need to stand on our own two feet or fall down, no more crutches.

I have always argued against this, national interest is supreme when it came to Pak-China relationship. Because sometimes, friendship IS national interest. Pak China interests are intertwined in the region.

Pak need China mainly for economical and military trade among many others. Pak can directly link China to Afgh. and Iran and then from there to the rest of the Arab world. Pakistan's muslim state status has a lot of lucrative effect for China in the Muslim world along with Pakistans good diplomatic connections. This will extend China's trade reach exponentially.

Both countries have embarked on plenty of technological adventures and have learned a lot from each other and will continue to do so.

These interest are linked to each other permanently. Why would any country want to two time the other for a short term gain? When so much can be gained in the long term. You never kill a goose laying golden eggs.

Pak/china economical co operation is hardly there, especially given the fuss, this is a basic failure of the relationship, I wonder why? Face it, the Chinese get the better deal, and no country will suicide itself for Pakistan.

In fact I argue regardless of strategic allegiances Pakistan need trade relations with USA, Chiba and even India (to some extent), however reality is Pakistan will struggle as long as wot is going on, so developing economy and making inroads with china is a must.

An all weather friend is not a friend who just says "yes" any time you ask them for something.
A good friend looks out for your own interests.
China, by denying aid has done Pakistan the biggest favor by telling our politicians to get our house in order.
They know that the aid will not help Pakistan but rather go to the Swiss bank accounts.
I am really thankful that China gives no aid, and I hope all other countries stop giving aid to Pakistan as well.
We need to stand on our own two feet or fall down, no more crutches.

Exactly right, brother. :cheers:

I think Pakistan needs more of these "lop-sided, nothing" relationships that helped us with tangible benefits like our nuclear program, weapons systems and diplomatic support instead of bribes to politicians.

Pak/china economical co operation is hardly there, especially given the fuss, this is a basic failure of the relationship, I wonder why? Face it, the Chinese get the better deal, and no country will suicide itself for Pakistan.

In fact I argue regardless of strategic allegiances Pakistan need trade relations with USA, Chiba and even India (to some extent), however reality is Pakistan will struggle as long as wot is going on, so developing economy and making inroads with china is a must.

Every relationship has room to grow and we acknowledge areas of growth in the Pak-China relationship. The fault lies as much with Pakistan as with China. However, the fact remains that, of all the major powers, China is the country where Pakistan's interests align most closely on a range of issues.

India is not and, for the foreseeable future, will NOT be aligned with Pakistan's interests.

firstly, pk need to finish the war asap.
secondly, build road from gadar to xinjiang.
third, build industry.
so, helping pk how to do fishing, pk can get enough fish herself. eventually, become a developed country.

International state-to-state relationships are almost always lopsided, especially when the larger countries of the world are involved.

An old saying: friendship is among equals.

If it is lopsided, it is not friendship. And not hiugher than and deeper than... ;)

We are joined via an actual land border, unlike the USA who can leave whenever they please.

Pakistan's geostrategic importance to us will not change unless the physical geography of the world changes, and we are no longer neighbours.

You are joined at the buffer regions, thousands of miles away from the real stuff.

When it comes down to the wire, China can walk away as well.

China will never endanger the Han areas or people for the Uighurs if it does come to that.

Exactly right, brother. :cheers:

That is your advantage here.

You have to just make the right noises. ;)

The other side doesn't even ask those uncomfortable questions like where was the higher and deeper than friend when millions of Pakistanis were suffering from flood.

They will do all the explaining on your behalf. ;)

They will tell you why their corrupt politicians don't deserve any aid. Why you are doing the right thing by not helping them when they need it most.

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, doesn't it! ;)

Well, why not enjoy while it lasts.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

America and Israel would disagree with you. :no:

Oh, so Pakistan is your Israel? I almost forgot. ;)

Even that can change pretty quick.

Nuclear program, weapon systems and diplomatic support over terror attacks!

Is that all the hallmark of a deeper than and higher than friend?

All these acts only benefit the military regime, not the people.

In fact, by this account China is perpetuating the military regime in Pakistan that is holding it back.

Like it did by arming the Sudanese Junta and perpetuated the Darfur genocide. Same for so many other despotic dictator regimes in Africa.

It was not for friendship. It was for the insatiable hunger for resources, ethics may go take a hike as far as the CCP is concerned.

Back
Top Bottom