What's new

China or the US? Make your choice

All the war rhetoric allows USA and now even China to sell arms to smaller parties affected, significantly countries like Pakistan who now bank on Chinese fighters and Tanks to try and replace US assets.

Or countries like India who continually play up the Chinese "threat" to get military and technology deals from the West and to justify their own defence budget.

It is naive to blame the "white man" for trying to divide and rule the Asians. Some Asians are more than willing accomplices.

Well, it's China that's calling for war against Philippines and Vietnam, not the other way around.

If the battleground has to be in Asia to defend freedom and democracy, then so be it.

Oppressed Chinese people could be liberated in the process too.

Hmmmm Indians would love to do it:butcher: but it is not easy coz we are talking about China not PAK. The only power that can destroy any super power on the earth is nothing but their own rude and arrogant actions. I have no doubt about chinese potential but need more time to see how they use it. Let us wait and watch:sarcastic:

One country has been engaged in wars around the world, in the name of Liberty, of course, for more than a century the other, has not -- and the FT claims that "sabre rattling" in a news paper article is cause for international players to choose side, maybe the FT knows a thing or two about "sabre rattling" but most people are persuaded that materially better lives for majority of persons requires cooperation.

While China is ready economically to take over as the world's sole superpower...

The US has a larger economy, you are laughably wrong for this year at least.

As for choices, we see the choices being made in Asia, and the region isn't moving closer to China.

The US has a larger economy, you are laughably wrong for this year at least.

As for choices, we see the choices being made in Asia, and the region isn't moving closer to China.

The Us has a larger economy, but it is stagnant, & is only artificially propped up because the US is the reserve currency. There is no manufacturing, production here. There aren't enough energy sources here. It's not a pretty picture when the only prospering functional areas are Computers/IT & the DoD.

The Us has a larger economy, but it is stagnant, & is only artificially propped up because the US is the reserve currency. There is no manufacturing, production here. There aren't enough energy sources here. It's not a pretty picture when the only prospering functional areas are Computers/IT & the DoD.
Are you certain about that...???

Myth of China as global manufacturing power | HELEN H WANG

Other sources has US manufacturing workers out produced Chinese workers more than 2-1. We are not talking about total output. We are talking about per worker.

Or countries like India who continually play up the Chinese "threat" to get military and technology deals from the West and to justify their own defence budget.

It is naive to blame the "white man" for trying to divide and rule the Asians. Some Asians are more than willing accomplices.

Stop trying to derail the thread. No one is dividing anybody. The original post mentioned choice between USA and China which was ridiculous. I included Pakistan in the post because that was the first country to significantly include advanced Chinese arms. And compared to China, USA or even India it is a small country. Why you would take offence to that is beyond me.

If you are talking about the Indian defense budget, it has always been capped at 2.5-3% of GDP. If you have data to prove otherwise I'm all ears.

All I'm saying is that there are too many variables for any country to take sides.

Other sources has US manufacturing workers out produced Chinese workers more than 2-1. We are not talking about total output. We are talking about per worker.

I am talking about total output. I am a manufacturing engineer myself, worked in both the pharmaceutical, as well as the foods & beverages industry; & most of the stuff is being manufactured in China. Biopharmaceuticals & biologics, which is the next big thing is being started here, because the other manufacturing areas were taken up in China. I am also familiar with electronics, & I know for a fact that most computer engineering silicon chips & other things are manufactured in China as well. We used to be big here with the car industry, but now that's not doing either.

Does this mean that we are back to the Cold war or C W 2 with a replacement to the old one??

Why should the observers be driven to a situation where they have to make a pick?? Is there no ambivalence possible ??

There wont be any cold war between china and u.s in the lines of U.S-Soviet cold war.Just look at the trade,joint ventures,investments etc of these countries in one another.

Stop trying to derail the thread. No one is dividing anybody. The original post mentioned choice between USA and China which was ridiculous. I included Pakistan in the post because that was the first country to significantly include advanced Chinese arms. And compared to China, USA or even India it is a small country. Why you would take offence to that is beyond me.

If you are talking about the Indian defense budget, it has always been capped at 2.5-3% of GDP. If you have data to prove otherwise I'm all ears.

All I'm saying is that there are too many variables for any country to take sides.

It is not derailing the thread

It is central to the topic which is about the rivalry between China and the US. Does it exist? to what extent? and how is it affecting dynamics in Asia?

As the "other" rising power in Asia, India is central to that question.

I had a long written out reply bilal, but I lost it after i got logged out:frown:.

To put it succintly being a buyer is also a position of strength and the US is China's largest single buyer, and a large buyer for goods the world over, even in this global crisis.

Well, it's China that's calling for war against Philippines and Vietnam, not the other way around.

If the battleground has to be in Asia to defend freedom and democracy, then so be it.

Oppressed Chinese people could be liberated in the process too.

the biggest foreign population living in China is S.Koreans``this says so much of 'oppressions' going on in China...even your celebrities moving to China``what do this suggests? Koreans like oppression?

good article
In China, the manufacturing industry is being created in response to global demand. Chinese manufacturers take orders from Western companies that have designed products for their home markets. They have no involvement with product development, innovation, market research, and even packaging. Chinese manufacturers have no experience in bringing their own products to overseas markets.

The wiling accomplishes are the "major non Nato ally" in the region. The most allied ally, the partner in WOT who has already sacrificed 35000 lives for keeping the Americans safe. ;)

India is not hostile to China, the reverse is indeed true.

But then you can't really convince the "more loyal than the king" crowd. Can you?

Back
Top Bottom