What's new

China, not Pakistan, is India's main threat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the thread title.

And buy more of our stuff. :D

Chinese are a nationalistic bunch. They buy only indigenous junks. :lol:

Nobody wants to buy Indian junk. You've even got a trade deficit with the rest of the world. :rofl:

Even Western iPhones and iPads are made in China, what similar high-end electronics are made in India?

Almost all electronic devices that are sold in the global markets, have Chinese components in them. If you want to stop using your electronics, then go ahead.

Nobody wants to buy Indian junk. You've even got a trade deficit with the rest of the world.

Yeah the reason being Chinese are a nationalistic bunch and will not buy another nation's junk and prefer their own junk. And when did Trade deficits became a tool for estimating the power of a country ? Let me guess, it became when the Chinese first posted trade surplus. Right ? :rofl:

Even Western iPhones and iPads are made in China, what similar high-end electronics are made in India?

Almost all electronic devices that are sold in the global markets, have Chinese components in them. If you want to stop using your electronics, then go ahead.

*Yawn* And most of the barbie dolls are made in China. So ?

Aww, too bad not even Indian junk is sold here. :rofl:

why your citizens will buy our products if they can buy cheap products?

most of the Chinese goods are not good quality. off coarse there are exceptions like Lenevo.

the prime 2 reasons are >

1. very low price. high quality can not co exist with low price. high quality product means more price.

2. Chinese products ( most of them ) are lightweight in order to save excise duties because goods coming from out side nations are charged on basis of the weight of container.

Yeah the reason being Chinese are a nationalistic bunch and will not buy another nation's junk and prefer their own junk. And when did Trade deficits became a tool for estimating the power of a country ? Let me guess, it became when the Chinese first posted trade surplus. Right ?

Since when has a "rising power" had a trade deficit and a large national debt at this stage?

When America and Britain were rising, they had HUGE trade surpluses.

*Yawn* And most of the barbie dolls are made in China. So ?

The point is, people can't stop using their electronics. So they keep buying our stuff, and we get a trade surplus from them.

But they can easily survive, without getting a cold call from Kumar's call centre every once in a while. They don't need it, it just annoys them.

Nobody wants to buy Indian junk. You've even got a trade deficit with the rest of the world. :rofl:

do you know that in 2004 we enjoyed trade surplus against america ?

Since when has a "rising power" had a trade deficit and a large national debt at this stage?

Even now America is a far powerful state than China. But it has trade deficit. So again the point being ?

The point is, people can't stop using their electronics. So they keep buying.

But they can easily survive, without getting a cold call from Kumar's call centre every once in a while.

Kumar had long become Fernando or Njima implying that call centres have long moved on to Phhilipines,Kenya and other English speaking countries. Indian IT companies now focus exclusively on niche software products that cater to core banking, insurance, healthcare and various other essential institutions. I am in the industry and I know what I am talking about.

For example all most all the banks in the Middle East run on TCS core banking applications.

Even now America is a far powerful state than China. But it has trade deficit. So again the point being ?

I said, since when has a "rising power" had a trade deficit and a large national debt at this stage?

America and Britain had HUGE trade surpluses when they were "rising".

Today, they are declining in terms of relative power. I'm talking about the stage when they were "rising".

And I find it hilarious that Indians like to mock China, when they have more poverty than even Africa. First try to surpass them.

The point is, people can't stop using their electronics. So they keep buying our stuff, and we get a trade surplus from them.

But they can easily survive, without getting a cold call from Kumar's call centre every once in a while. They don't need it, it just annoys them.

soviet union.

Nationwide crisis had developed in Russia affecting social, economic, and political relations. Disorder in industry and transport had intensified, and difficulties in obtaining provisions had increased. Gross industrial production in 1917 had decreased by over 36 percent from what it had been in 1916. In the autumn, as much as 50 percent of all enterprises were closed down in the Urals, the Donbas, and other industrial centers, leading to mass unemployment. At the same time, the cost of living increased sharply. The real wages of the workers fell about 50 percent from what they had been in 1913. Russia's national debt in October 1917 had risen to 50 billion rubles. Of this, debts to foreign governments constituted more than 11 billion rubles. The country faced the threat of financial bankruptcy.

I said, since when has a "rising power" had a trade deficit and a large national debt at this stage?

America and Britain had HUGE trade surpluses when they were "rising".

Today, they are declining in terms of relative power. I'm talking about the stage when they were "rising".

Again trade surplus is not a recognized measure in estimating the power of a country.

Today China manufactures cheaply and with rising labor costs tomorrow it may shift to another country with a cheaper labor cost.

Unless you innovate you ain't do nothing. The Brits and the Americans innovated - the same iPhone and the iPad examples - and that is why they enjoyed the power.

Just establishing sweatshops and manufacturing doesnt mean anything.

And I find it hilarious that Indians like to mock China, when they have more poverty than even Africa. First try to surpass them.

Democracy is slower than dictatorship but it is preferred by all Indians. So I fail to see your point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom